No announcement yet.

Connelly versus Radar slalom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 pages and no mention of ski it again?!?!

https://www.ski-it-again.com/php/ski...ategory=Slalom

Go here and find a nice lightly used ski for 50-75% of new. Ski it and if you don’t like it sell it for what you paid for it. Or you can find any other ski you might want. Some like the newer radar senate go pretty quick. Just like MC boats some guys have to have the newest version every year so they dump their used stuff at the end the season/ start it new year once new stick beats out old stick.

You can get a 1-2 year old radar pro build for $700-800 (~$1600 new, $1000 as leftover) with a little patience.

I’m an aggressive free water skier 195lb 34mph and 15’ off. I went from a 2011 conlley concept to a 2015 radar lithium (similar to pro build today). Difference was awesome and didn’t feel like the ski was too aggressive but was much more responsive and a hell of a lot lighter.

Also don’t forgot that binding placement and fin setup can make a great feel crappy (hard to turn, tail blow outs) or a mediocre ski feel good (compared to crappy setup great ski).

The radar platform is widely praised.

Check out ball of spray for some great reviews and lots of in depth thoughts from professionals to armchair skiers.

https://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/categories/ski-tests

Comment

Update: I got a D3 ION demo ski last week and I completely love it. Faster across the wakes, much better offside, smooth pre-turn predictability, and much less fatigue. Currently, I am blown away. For those who may be interested, they have a super-simple and generous demo program straight from the factory which includes a return shipping label if you don't like it. Added bonus, I even spoke to Creed Kidder (Denny Kidder's son) last week who answered the customer service number when I called. Super impressed with the ski and their service. New bindings on the way, but won't be here until Friday.

Yeah I know...wrong boat in pic.

Comment

Was just reading a bit about the ion on this thread. Seems like a great ski, enjoy!!!!

https://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/d...apor-pro-build

Comment

Originally posted by FoggyNogginz View Post
          Update: I got a D3 ION demo ski last week and I completely love it. Faster across the wakes, much better offside, smooth pre-turn predictability, and much less fatigue. Currently, I am blown away. For those who may be interested, they have a super-simple and generous demo program straight from the factory which includes a return shipping label if you don't like it. Added bonus, I even spoke to Creed Kidder (Denny Kidder's son) last week who answered the customer service number when I called. Super impressed with the ski and their service. New bindings on the way, but won't be here until Friday.

Yeah I know...wrong boat in pic.
          Nice!! Enjoy it.
          Cheers

Mark

'99 Mastercraft ProStar 205 330-LTR

Comment

After a solid year of waiting for supply chains to loosen up, i finally picked up a Radar Senate from Barts. Good deal on a 2021 close out ski. Perfect timing considering I just winterized my boat last weekend!
            Hello, my name Ryan!

Comment

Working...
            X