New Handle Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Handle Suggestion

I am going to be buying a new handle here before the ski season. Any suggestions? I have never skied with a curved handle, but interested in the benefits. I am an open water / free skier.

I like the Masterline handle that is approx $50. Or comes with rope for like 100-110. Highly recommend rope if you haven’t replaced for a few years, to get some “spongy” back in the line. Easier on the elbows etc.
    The Masterline Lasts a few seasons and we do use it....
    We use 1” straight.
    Had a radar a few handles ago that wore out quickly but that is old data.
    Tried a curved one once and didn’t like it, although it also had a crazy weird handle guard which I had a hard time with.
    I like the handle guards from MOB.

Comment

Masterline and Intow both make great handles and ropes. I have used both I love both of them. If you order one from Brenda at Intow you can get a arm/head guard sewed right in.

I also have a curved handle from Us gear, its a very nice handle they say it helps if you have sore elbows. If you are interested in it I am selling it.

Comment

There's not a benefit necessarily to the curved handles. I don't think you'll find any of the top pros running them and there is a reason.

In waterskiing you really want your arms straight. So if you take your hands and pretend you are grasping a radius or contoured handle then straighten out your arms fully what tends to happen?

They want to go to a straight bar right? The problem is most skiers at not a high level actually ski with their arms bent a good bit mimic that and you'll find a contoured bar is probably more comfortable. It is very common for skiers who cannot get their arms straight to develop tennis elbow or similar injuries and to find that a bent bar relieves that stress a bit - but at the price of developmentally being a stall to working on your arms getting out.

Comment

Originally posted by Slvr Bulit View Post
          Masterline and Intow both make great handles and ropes. I have used both I love both of them. If you order one from Brenda at Intow you can get a arm/head guard sewed right in.

I also have a curved handle from Us gear, its a very nice handle they say it helps if you have sore elbows. If you are interested in it I am selling it.
          SB, shoot me a DM with your price. If it is right it may be worth testing it out.

Comment

Guys, thanks for the good info. I will probably stick with Masterline, just curious what else is out there currently. Probably should do a new rope too if it makes sense.

Comment

Masterline makes good stuff - but for the $$$ I would personally recommend HO or Radar's offerings. Regardless of brand its time in the sun that kills ropes so if you're good with the price buy American buy Masterline or Brenda but do not try to get 5 seasons out of a mainline.

Comment

SB, shoot me a DM with your price. If it is right it may be worth testing it out.
                I sent you a PM

Comment

Radar Vapor Pro. They make them in straight and radius versions. A few diameters available to best fit your hand/grip size as well

Comment

Working...
                  X