Thank you Sir.
    1989 Prostar 190 351 sold
    2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

• A little magic yesterday in the FL Keys Ceramic is for real
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Prostar 190 View Post
        Just applied some Griot's garage Ceramic 3 in 1 wax as a top coat to see how well it holds up.

Hi. Based on TT advice I used Roar Speed Gloss on my Black hulled X7. It took about an hour and a half in application and polishing. When it was done on the lift it looked fabulous.

An hour later after skiing and then natural drying out back on lift the watermarks etc were back and the "like glass shine" was very diminished.

Does this Ceramic polish "do any better in terms of sustained pre and after use shine and reducing the dreaded Black gel coat water marks". Also is there any special application technique required?

I should mention I am in the UKso the boat is NOT in high temperature sustained sunshine.

Any advice appreciated
        Ian

Comment

• Originally posted by eurosysytem0 View Post
          Hi. Based on TT advice I used Roar Speed Gloss on my Black hulled X7. It took about an hour and a half in application and polishing. When it was done on the lift it looked fabulous.

An hour later after skiing and then natural drying out back on lift the watermarks etc were back and the "like glass shine" was very diminished.

Does this Ceramic polish "do any better in terms of sustained pre and after use shine and reducing the dreaded Black gel coat water marks". Also is there any special application technique required?

I should mention I am in the UKso the boat is NOT in high temperature sustained sunshine.

Any advice appreciated
          Ian
          Bump Please

Comment

• Wolfgang Swirl Remover, Wolfgang Sealant, then Griots 3-N-1 Ceramic Wax. Limited in storage so polished the G80 The aluminum trim up front and down the side got Swissvax Autobahn Wheel Wax.
            bret
            MC Devotee
            Last edited by bret; 07-20-2021, 06:43 PM.
            1993 25th Anniversary Limited ProStar 190, #17

Comment

• Here's some shine on the water!
              Attached Files
              2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

• Do you need a traditional wax before using a Griots 3n1? Or can you move straight from a fine cut polish #2 from Meguar’s?

I need to add some new decals from Domed # as well. Would you put them on before the 3n1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ummm.... wax on!
                  Attached Files
                  -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• I think you’re saying you’re not a fan of the ceramic!

What wax would you recommend?

And then back to the second question… Wax before or after the decals?

To put things in context, I’m about 8 to 10 hours into wet sanding on this boat.

I’m now diving into a Med Cut Cleaner on a Med pad. Followed by a Fine cut polish with a fine pad.

I’m over it. I need to be done. I need wax, decals and a beer

Thoughts appreciated

Comment

• Originally posted by williamsatown View Post
                      I think you’re saying you’re not a fan of the ceramic!

To put things in context, I’m about 8 to 10 hours into wet sanding on this boat.

I’m now diving into a Med Cut Cleaner on a Med pad. Followed by a Fine cut polish with a fine pad.

Thoughts appreciated

Do NOT wax before you put new decals on your boat. In fact, you need to strip down any wax that is on the boat and then clean the area with rubbing alcohol and let that dry before you apply the decals.
                      -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• Originally posted by williamsatown View Post
                        I think you’re saying you’re not a fan of the ceramic!

Thoughts appreciated

As far as wax I've had great luck with McGuire's flagship wax. As already stated you don't want wax on it before applying decals.
                        2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

• Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
                          Ummm.... wax on!
                          Looking good!
                          2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

Ummm.... wax on!
                            Looks totally nice! Well done

Comment

• I'm doing a 2014 ProStar in a few days and I'll post up results but figured I'd post this up...for those small "sunshine" marks, using a polishing pad, about 4000rpm to spread the product on 24"x24" area, then increase to 5500 or 6000rpm, make 6-8 passes, vertical / horizontal, overlapping about 50%. The Wolfgang Swirl Remover does a great job.

Now Ghost chipped to 455hp

Camaro looks great Tim!!
                              1993 25th Anniversary Limited ProStar 190, #17

Comment

Ummm.... wax on!
                                Looks fantastic!
                                Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Working...
                                X