No announcement yet.

Show us your shine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quit talking and start waxing, post some pics Doo !!!
    1993 25th Anniversary Limited ProStar 190, #17

Comment

Originally posted by DooSPX
      bret, what do you think of my arsenal? about 6 post up

Since the site was down all weekend, that boat should shine like no other, with all the spare time you had!
      Charter Member Number 1

Quote: 2RLAKE,
      At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Comment

Originally posted by bret
        If you haven't seen the rig, boat and tow vehicle, it is truly a sight to behold in person.

Hey guys, I found out who bret is! I did some PMing Friday night!
        We met him and his wife 13 years ago, in Hot Springs, Arkansas in 1993, when we towed the boat out there to display it and conduct the judging at a reunion. Don't let him kid ya'll about me teaching him much. When he pulled into the parking lot on Thursday [I think?] his Rig glowed like a Christmas tree. He knows his stuff and they are 1st class people.
        Charter Member Number 1

At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Comment

Originally posted by bret
          Quit talking and start waxing, post some pics Doo !!!
          actually, over the weekend, i re-painted the trailer and cleaned and waxed the fenders really good, and added those keel pads on the other 2 crossmembers. I will post pics of that later on today! im happy, the trailer looks brand new

i have some minor surface rust on the wheels, any idea's on what to you for that?
          Last edited by DooSPX; 08-28-2006, 09:54 AM.
          1991 PROSTAR 190 Flagship Blue POWERSLOT OJ XMP CNC 13.7x17.5 .110 4B
          A.K.A. One of a kind mistake
          2011 Best In Show- 1987-2000 class

Trying to keep slalom alive

Need a new prop to fit your needs? Call Eric from OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

Originally posted by flipper
          "It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid, than to open it and prove it"?

Comment

Originally posted by DooSPX

i have some minor surface rust on the wheels, any idea's on what to you for that?
            Bar Keepers Friend (in a gold round container). It is next to the Comet at Wally World. Just use some of that on a damp rag and rub. Surface rust will vanish and the chrome will shine. Works wonders.
            sigpic

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy

Comment

Originally posted by BrianM
              Bar Keepers Friend (in a gold round container). It is next to the Comet at Wally World. Just use some of that on a damp rag and rub. Surface rust will vanish and the chrome will shine. Works wonders.
              great! thanks Brian

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid, than to open it and prove it"?

Comment

here is a link to my post in the trailers forum, of my freshly painted 91 PS190 trailer, and new keel pads I installed.
                http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/sh...ad.php?t=11420

Comment

Lake Tomahowk in Northern Wisconsin

Well, I can't take all the credit for the shine since I have only been maintaining it since picking the boat up in June, but it sure is nice to see the reflection of the water in the hull.
                  Attached Files
                  A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worthwhile

2004 Prostar 197 - Red on White

350 TBI, Perfect Pass, Heater, Shower and a whole lot of fun!

Comment

Just checking in for Doos pics...thank you Harold, it was truely a pleasure to meet you, your wife and your daughter that year. Wasn't your daughter skiing with April Coble at the time? We're going to try to make one of the reunions next year.

I got out my "knobs" the other night. I polished the one for the gear shift, the one for the ski pylon, and then polished the custom trick release with the brass trip plate, they hadn't been out of the felt since Lake Lewisville Reunion.

Comment

• Originally posted by bret
                      Just checking in for Doos pics...thank you Harold, it was truely a pleasure to meet you, your wife and your daughter that year. Wasn't your daughter skiing with April Coble at the time? We're going to try to make one of the reunions next year.

I got out my "knobs" the other night. I polished the one for the gear shift, the one for the ski pylon, and then polished the custom trick release with the brass trip plate, they hadn't been out of the felt since Lake Lewisville Reunion.

Yea, she skied with April and Karen Truelove for 4 years @ UNC and still talks to them from time to time, sees them at boat shows and has even gone to Lillington to the Ski School to visit.
                      Charter Member Number 1

Comment

• Originally posted by bret

thanks bret, my power blew in the garage, so I had no power for the lights, etc.
                        but i will get them up ASAP and PM when I do. im cleaning the boat now, just 2 more steps.

Comment

• Bret here is a pic from a while back, in better shape then than now. I lack time and resources.
                          Attached Files
                          2004 X-2

Comment

• Bret, just came across your photos. What do you use on your hull? Babes? Looks great.
                            sigpic

Comment

• go back a couple of pages in this thread, Meguiars, thanks.

Comment

• Seems to me, like everyone spends way too much time buffing thier boats... and not near enough time skiing behind them. Well I guess the only reason I say that is cuz I'm jealous of the Gloss. Hence the reason I posted with no picture...
                                2002 ProStar197 Tournament Team Edition (yes it's Red)
                                *LQ9, Powerslot,Perfect Pass,Zero Flex tower,Heater

Comment

Working...
                                X