Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3event
    replied
    I've used the mineral spirits/linseed oil process, but last year was short on prep and maintenance time. I still haven't settled an option to keep the sun off it (under canopy but back of boat faces SW so platform still gets exposure) The good news is that the rest of the boat looks great

Teak gurus, how would you start with this condition? Sand with the orbital? What do you recommend before I start the oil ? Looking forward to season start in a few weeks around here!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• RxMC
    replied
    Originally posted by dt37803 View Post
    Love your teak
    I thought the idea of using teak is that you don't have to do anything with it. That's why it's used for outdoor furniture. It's pretty awesome stuff.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RxMC; 04-05-2021, 03:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bret
    replied
    Two coats of Linseed/Mineral Spirits

Leave a comment:

• dt37803
    replied
    Love your teak and it will love you back
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jbmccul
    replied
    Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
    I love this time of year. Spent the weekend getting refurbishing the platform.

Spring doesn’t get any better than this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That looks killer! The wood inlays from the surf edition package is cool as well.

Leave a comment:

• Mastercraftdave
    replied
    I love this time of year. Spent the weekend getting refurbishing the platform.

Spring doesn’t get any better than this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• waterlogged882
    replied
    Originally posted by 3event View Post
    BUMP, another user looking for this thread noted.....
    One of several methods here.

Leave a comment:

• 3event
    replied
    BUMP, another user looking for this thread noted.....

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Just a quick touch-up using 75/25. I'll buy her a beer next year when she reaches age.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Flexx
    replied
    Originally posted by BRADP43619 View Post
    This is my second season with the teak step and first time oiling it, I used 320 grit and a DA sander and 2 coats of Minwax Teak Oil I am liking the look and finish. We will see once i get it in the water and try it out. I just love the look of teak on ski boats
    Awesome finish! I love that platform.

Mine is not in really good shape, even two hours of sanding with P240 did not help that much.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Skyskiguy
    replied
    Originally posted by snork View Post
    Teak World has your deck
    I know. Just thought I’d see if there was a used one out there first. Thanks though.

Leave a comment:

• snork
    replied
    Originally posted by Skyskiguy View Post
    Anyone have a teak deck from a 2015 era X30 that they are looking to get rid of?
    Teak World has your deck

Leave a comment:

• Skyskiguy
    replied
    Anyone have a teak deck from a 2015 era X30 that they are looking to get rid of?

Leave a comment:

• BRADP43619
    replied
    This is my second season with the teak step and first time oiling it, I used 320 grit and a DA sander and 2 coats of Minwax Teak Oil I am liking the look and finish. We will see once i get it in the water and try it out. I just love the look of teak on ski boats
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• waterlogged882
    replied
    Originally posted by MIskiboat View Post
    Thanks guys. Pics look good.
    I likely won’t be wiping it off but it sees very little sun. Hoping to just do annual spring coating. Unless usage goes up to justify mid year coating.
    Looks like I bought WAY too much of the liquids.... I think I’m good for 20 years now
    The mixture for one board both sides typically takes me less than 1/2 pint (I mix it in a glass pint jar).

Only thing I can find here at the box store is a half gallon of linseed and a quart of spirits. Yes Sir, you're good for 20 years.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X