Teak Thread- Everything teak in here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PS205Tex View Post
    Teak World really knocked this one out of the park. Very pleased with how this custom cushion saver step (matched to the swim platform) turned out. Thank you Teak World!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Incredible work, great idea for using teak wood. Awesome!!
    If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
    1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

Teak World really knocked this one out of the park. Very pleased with how this custom cushion saver step (matched to the swim platform) turned out. Thank you Teak World!

Looks good.
      1989 Prostar 190 351 sold
      2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

• Brilliant! Love the teak step! I've said it many times that I'm appalled by the fact that MasterCraft has yet to figure out that we don't want to step on vinyl and replace it every few years. This is a major improvement. The guys at TeakWorld are great to work with too. I live about 30 mins away.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

That is awesome!! And I'm going to copy it, probably not as well though.
          Last edited by sully; 05-20-2021, 04:21 PM.
          09 214 Prostar with MCX

Comment

• So I started with a piece of wood covered in gray carpet, and now my Gen 2 is a white MDF with knock of Sea Dek on it, but this is very classy ... well done!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Ski in snow, ski in water, and always have fun!

2008 Prostar 214 MCX
            1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
            Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
            "Do you have Flake on that boat?"

Comment

• Originally posted by 93Prostar190 View Post
              So I started with a piece of wood covered in gray carpet, and now my Gen 2 is a white MDF with knock of Sea Dek on it, but this is very classy ... well done!

Well, my project was directly inspired by what you and Double D have done, so thanks to you guys! If anyone here wants more details or pix, DM me. I was a bit concerned it would seem gimmicky but it fits and feels like an original part of the boat which is cool.

2008 X14
              1964 Boston Whaler Nauset
              1994 PS205, sold

Comment

• First year with this boat and it’s Teak swim deck. Will be on Lake Powell for 7 days straight, in high heat and sun. Will I need to (or should I) oil the deck during the week, or is before and after fine?

Thanks. Just not sure what to expect.

Comment

• It will be fine. Mine typically goes a season with no maintenance.

Comment

• Originally posted by cookster22 View Post
                    First year with this boat and it’s Teak swim deck. Will be on Lake Powell for 7 days straight, in high heat and sun. Will I need to (or should I) oil the deck during the week, or is before and after fine?

Thanks. Just not sure what to expect.

You'll be fine. Enjoy the trip, and post some pics!

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Here she is, at the mouth of the ‘Hole in the Roof’
                      Teak deck held up fine, but she needed some oil when I got home.

Comment

• Is it just me or does FAQ only bring up a search screen, and when searching for teak does no better the. a generic search. Is there no sticky thread for Teak anywhere? I’ve seen about two dozen references to TMCNO1 protocol but can’t find the protocol. Looking for that and the linseed mineral spirit protocol

Originally posted by TMCNo1 View Post
                        \

Starbrite can be found at most any marine supply house and a great many marinas and boat dealers.
                        At near the top of page you will see a bar with Home, Team Talk, showroom etc, to the right is SEARCH and click on search and then enter "Frequently Asked Questions" on the blank, then click GO and it will take you to the link and search it, till you come across the Swim Platform post.

Comment

• Found the protocol PDF in another thread

https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...highlight=teak

Comment

• P.s.a.

Remember when giving the platform a little love don't forget the underside is just as important.
                            Attached Files
                            Our 2014 X2 is Sold.

Comment

Working...
                            X