No announcement yet.

Prostar 200 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Nice carpet job!!! Cannot wait to see the finished product......
    Ted W

Hook Em' Horns

Comment

There sure is a ton of room in there when you put the motor on the outside. Looking great!
      CUSTOM WHEEL & TIRE PACKAGES
      sigpic

CUSTOM DECALS - EMAIL FOR MORE INFO

$125 LED TRAILER LIGHT PACKAGE - FREE SHIPPING
      REBUILDING HOLLEY MARINE CARBS - $350 DELIVERED
      REBUILT COMPLETE MARINE HOLLEY 4160 CARBS $549 DELIVERED
      Email - [email protected]

Comment

Great idea putting the motor on the outside! That means you have more room for "stuff" inside! The hard work is definitely paying off. The resto looks great!

Comment

Thanks fellas, its been alot of work but its gonna pay off when i'm going 43mph footing behind it........ LOL Here are a few more pics of the progress...... I made new seat bottoms as you can see in the pics below, I used 3/4" to replace the original 1/2".... Just waiting for the new covers, from CopyCatCovers........ First time using them, I hope they turn out great.... I couldn't complain for the price i got on the Front bench and helm seat $350........
          Attached Files

Comment

Here are just a few pics i took after i cleaned up the hull/waterline/prop on the boat.... I used a hull cleaner called "slimmy grimmy" it took the bulk of the brown off, but it wasn't strong enough to clean the brown from the waterline and restore the prop.... I used a product called "Zing" to clean the prop and waterline... It worked amazing.... I also used it on the rims of the trailer..... They were completely rusted out and didn't look like there was any way to get them back, but the sing cleaned them right up..... i then used some 3M imperial compound and steel wool to them and they shined up great.....
            Attached Files

Comment

Quick ? maybe jim knows...... I need a new "Pitot Sender" with the mounting bracket for the tube where it enters the transom..... I restored the speedo's this winter and now i need to make sure i have them both working....... I am assuming the previous owners broke it off when they would enter into the boat and decided to just leave it off..... The holes are sealed shut.... The gal i bought it from asked me why they had to speedo's to begin with...LOL I have found a few online but i can't find any with the bracket where the tube enters the transom.... Also are the holes standard on all Pitot's? Any help would be GREAT!!!!

Comment

Quick ? Maybe jim knows this one...... I am in need of a new "Pitot sender" the one on the boat i believe was broken off when the previous owners would climb into the boat..... I need to find a new one so i can get both speedo's working again... Any help or direction would be great...

Comment

I know that you took the SPEEDOs out to REFURB them. There is TUBING that runs from your dash to a PEEDO tube that is located inside the stern, Behind the access plate. On the bottom of the Peedo there is also tubing that runs through the stern to the Speedo pickup. It is possible that the speedo pick up is clogged. If you take the tubing off, blow air via a compessor backwards though the speedo pickup. Sometime you will hear it clear out. DO NOT USE COMPRESSED air towards the Speedo head. You will blow the diaphram out in the speedometer.

If you use you own lung capacity on the tubing. You should be able to have the speedo registrar between 5-12 MPH....Hope this helps anything else give me a quick call

Thanks

[email protected]
                  James (Jim) Kranendonk Pres-BAWS
                  Tampa Bay's Exclusive MasterCraft Dealer

www.BAYAREAWATERSPORTS.com
                  (813) 996-BAWS (2297)

Comment

Originally posted by jdubwall View Post
                    Quick ? Maybe jim knows this one...... I am in need of a new "Pitot sender" the one on the boat i believe was broken off when the previous owners would climb into the boat..... I need to find a new one so i can get both speedo's working again... Any help or direction would be great...
                    Here, http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=769B are to ones most are using as replacements, but the hole are are a little different, so filling one hole and drilling another is required.
                    Charter Member Number 1

Quote: 2RLAKE,
                    At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Comment

Jim, say i need the Pitot that is mounted on the transom.... If you look at the pics i posted there isn't one on the port side.... I think the previous owners broke it off and just sealed up the holes in the transom...... The lines are all there as well as the compressors.... Both speedo's work, i did blow into them and they both move....... Just need a new pitot and want to make sure that i buy one that will line up with the previous holes...... i found a new pitot shield today, but i'm just curious now which pilot i should purchase?? Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jdubwall View Post
                        Jim, say i need the Pitot that is mounted on the transom.... If you look at the pics i posted there isn't one on the port side.... I think the previous owners broke it off and just sealed up the holes in the transom...... The lines are all there as well as the compressors.... Both speedo's work, i did blow into them and they both move....... Just need a new pitot and want to make sure that i buy one that will line up with the previous holes...... i found a new pitot shield today, but i'm just curious now which pilot i should purchase?? Thanks!!!

The one that is listed above are the NEWEST upgrade that you can get. Get 2 of them! They WILL NOT line up perfect. You will need to redrill one hole. Fill the other w/ a good marine silicone, marine tex or white gelcoat. Use at least one of the holes as your original hole. That pricing is pretty good. Not a fan of not recommending a dealer vs. a supplier, but that seems to be the norm.

[email protected]
                        James (Jim) Kranendonk Pres-BAWS
                        Tampa Bay's Exclusive MasterCraft Dealer

www.BAYAREAWATERSPORTS.com
                        (813) 996-BAWS (2297)

Comment

pitot replacement

I replaced the airguide pitots on my '89 with the skidim pitots and was able to use the existing holes on the transom and elongate the holes on the pitot mounting plate. It seems better to me to minimize the number of holes in the hull.

Comment

pitot replacement

Also, I just found this pitot. It seems to have several mounting hole patterns.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STAND...ssoriesQ5fGear

Comment

Thanks for the help guys..... I will have to get an order placed for them..... TPH thanks for the input i feel the same way i would rather not drill another mounting hole in the hull.... Good to know that i can elongate the holes on the pitot mounting plate.....

What do you guys think about this pitot? They say it will line up with the old Air Guide pitot?
                              http://www.waterskis.com/ProductDeta...ode=Pitot_Tube

Comment

Wow! Somehow I missed this thread originallly. What a cool boat, great progress, awesome job so far.
                                Good luck, keep the pics coming!
                                Kevin
                                1989 ProStar 190 with "Safe T Top", 351 Ford, GT 40 heads painted Ford Blue, Elec. Ign, 1:1, 970 hours, 4 blade prop, PP 6.5, removable platform brackets, custom color from factory, hot water shower, Boat Buddy & LED lights on trailer (boat is sold, but not forgotten!)
                                Currently have a '99 Response LX, but kinda miss the MC!
                                2010 D3 Z7, 2 @ 32 off, 34 mph so far

Comment

Working...
                                X