No announcement yet.

Prostar 200 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its pretty cool that the gas tank is in the floor where the motor is on an inboard. I've only sitting outboards with the gas tank behind the rear seat. Wonder if that effects planing at all, good or bad. Anyone have any imput on that.
    sigpic Just trying to get my head above water.

Comment

The outboard MC's with the tank in the floor jump right onto plane, where the rear fuel tank versions had some bow rise to overcome. Of course, this is dependent on fuel levels.
      CUSTOM WHEEL & TIRE PACKAGES
      sigpic

CUSTOM DECALS - EMAIL FOR MORE INFO

$125 LED TRAILER LIGHT PACKAGE - FREE SHIPPING
      REBUILDING HOLLEY MARINE CARBS - $350 DELIVERED
      REBUILT COMPLETE MARINE HOLLEY 4160 CARBS $549 DELIVERED
      Email - [email protected]

Comment

That makes sense, and makes more room for storage if the space behind rear bench seat is accessible.
        sigpic Just trying to get my head above water.

Comment

I only had the boat out for a few minutes after i bought it..... Was having some issues with the motor... But when i opened it up from idle the nose never even came out of the water... It was pretty sweet.....

Just to give you guys the heads up i will have pics coming soon, I am about 3/4 the way through ripping the oil injection off the boat, waiting on parts from Iboats that just came today.... Finished and mounted new motor bracket this weekend.... Seats should be here sometime this week or next... Seats are scheduled to be done this week, so i'm crossing my fingers....

Comment

Why are you ripping out the oil injection?
            CUSTOM WHEEL & TIRE PACKAGES
            sigpic

CUSTOM DECALS - EMAIL FOR MORE INFO

$125 LED TRAILER LIGHT PACKAGE - FREE SHIPPING
            REBUILDING HOLLEY MARINE CARBS - $350 DELIVERED
            REBUILT COMPLETE MARINE HOLLEY 4160 CARBS $549 DELIVERED
            Email - [email protected]

Comment

Look'n great, thanks for post'n the pic's because as you already know ....
              Attached Files
              NEW SKINS ...
              Jim - "Upholstery Guy"
              (865) 995 0607 Hm (BSURE 2 LVMSGE)
              (865) 679 2246 Cph (ANYTM UPTO 9PM EST)
              [email protected]

sigpic
              I've got badass '93 MC BF 200 w/ a Yahamie ProV 200.
              M O S T A W E S O M E C R A F T E V E R B U I L T
              'Luv'n life behind a Barefoot 200'
              atlfootr

Comment

LOL nice pic....... Don't worry more pictures to come soon..... I am ripping the oil injection pump out because the late 80's early 90's motors were notorious for having the pumps go out.... When they go its too late..... You end up blowing the motor up..... I would rather just have the assurance of knowing the motor is getting oil especially when i'm going to be running it at 40+ MPH for footin......

Comment

I disconnected my oil pump setup all together, to know for sure that my oil's mixed I add it in before the fuel
                  NEW SKINS ...
                  Jim - "Upholstery Guy"
                  (865) 995 0607 Hm (BSURE 2 LVMSGE)
                  (865) 679 2246 Cph (ANYTM UPTO 9PM EST)
                  [email protected]

sigpic
                  I've got badass '93 MC BF 200 w/ a Yahamie ProV 200.
                  M O S T A W E S O M E C R A F T E V E R B U I L T
                  'Luv'n life behind a Barefoot 200'
                  atlfootr

Comment

Nice, good to here there are others out there doing the same.... Yep it is best to do it before adding the fuel then you know its mixed well....

Comment

You were asking lots of questions about airguides, see the support page on www.airguide.com.au for more information.

You can't buy airguide pickups any more so another brand which can be modified to fit the holes is the way to go.
                      Video of our 145 skier World Record Run

Official 145 Water Skier World Record Web Site
                      My boat, Australian Matrix Sorrento/225HO E-TEC
                      Greg Hind

Comment

Thanks ghind, I appreciate the input... I will look into it further......

Comment

Well my seat covers are FINALLY on there way to MN. I have been hounding copycatcovers for the last 3 weeks because they told me the lead time was 3-6 weeks and its been a full 9 weeks going on 10...... They sent me some pics of the seats, and I thought i would post them for all to see!!!! They look GREAT! High quality marine vinyl with foam backing!!! i'm excited to get them in next weekend and go out and get some footing in!!! Hope you like them!!!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Very nice..... Cannot wait to see the finished product...
                            Ted W

Hook Em' Horns

Comment

Hey jdubwall, If you don't mind me asking, how much did your new upholstery cost? Did you have any custom work done? It sure does look great! Thanks

Comment

The boat is looking great jdubwall. Do you have any pics of how you addressed the cracks in the bilge?

Comment

Working...
                                X