Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jdubwall
    replied
    Ok, carpet is finally out..... it was a job and a half but I had the mrs. help on this one so we got it done within a few hours. I had to be really careful pulling the carpet out because i wanted to use them as a template for the new carpet. It was in rough shape especially around the seats and stringers where people mainly walked. We used paint scrappers to get the worst of the glue off, well actually I did most of the scrapping, gave the orbital sander to the wife and she sanded the one stringer while i scraped the other... Worked really good.... She's a sport and a barefooter now!!! Gotta love it.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jdubwall
    replied
    After I got the boards up I noticed a good crack in the center floor (tunnel area).. The floor is solid underneath and on top.. I think/pretty sure its just the gel coat that is cracked... Once it gets warm enough out where i can have the garage open I'm gonna epoxy it with some fiberglass mesh....
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jdubwall
    replied
    LOL thats what my brother told me.... Take it to the car wash and give it a god pressure wash.... That was the plan but I figured the center boards needed to be replaced with new carpet, and the carpet had oil soaked in it back by the oil overflow pressure tank... So I decided to rip it out and replace with new.

Leave a comment:

• jdubwall
    replied
    Gas tank is out, fuel line from tank to motor needs to be replaced.... Its in really rough shape.... Should have been done a while ago. But its coming along.

Leave a comment:

• Jim@BAWS
    replied
    a 1250 PSI pressure washer w/ a WIDE WAND will do wonders on the carpet and the bildge

[email protected]

Leave a comment:

• jdubwall
    replied
    Here are a few pics after I got the seats out! Took the center boards out so I could get at the gas tank. Floor boards are soft and rotten, and the boards that hold the gas tank in were rotten.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• EricB
    replied
    If it's an 85, it should then have stripes running through the hull sides and top deck!

Leave a comment:

• Miss Rita
    replied
    If the boat was in the Tommy Bartlett show in '85-'86 I probably saw it in a performance. My kids were toddlers, ages 1 and 3. My my most vivid memory was that both kids fell asleep (it was an evening show) and we had to carry both of them back to the motel. The three year old had a tantrum, screamed bloody murder the whole time. It was the longest three block walk of my life!
    Last edited by Miss Rita; 02-12-2010, 01:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jdubwall
    replied
    I will get some more pic posted tomorrow, from diging into this boat the title when i bought it said it was an 86 but when I got the boat home checked the vin# it ended in 85. The boat used to be blue. I will post some pictures of the nics in it and you can visually see that the boat was blue and was sprayed white. After I ripped the carpet out I noticed that there was repair done to the driver side rail. The boat was used in the Tommy Bartlett show so the only thing i can think of is it was damaged at the show in 85 they had it repaired and sprayed white and put the 86 decals on it to advertise the new 86 look. Thats the only thing I can put together with the boat. Hope you guys like the thread... Like I said i will put more pics up tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Finnsdad
    replied
    I remember this boat, I was going with a guy to buy it and then you bought it the day before we could go. Looks like a fun project, be sure to post a lot of pics!

Leave a comment:

• Jim@BAWS
    replied
    [QUOTE=dmminfla;659186]
    Originally posted by Covi View Post
    Looks like it will be a great project boat. Good luck and post many many photos of your progress. Have you posted the specs on this particular boat before? 1985? It appears that someone has slapped on the graphics of an 86' vintage.[/QUOTEThe

I was thinking the same. But the 83-86 19 skier had the square windsheild. It could be that the 85 200 also used the rainbow. [email protected] will shure let us know.
    I am SO CONFUSED...don't know what to tell you

I know that 86 OB came with a square windshield.

I need to go to bed now

CONFUSED !!!

[email protected]

Leave a comment:

• DooSPX
    replied
    WOW! thats a great boat! I would love to come across something like that

Leave a comment:

• thatsmrmastercraft
    replied
    Really cool project boat.

Leave a comment:

• dmminfla
    replied
    [QUOTE=Covi;659180]Looks like it will be a great project boat. Good luck and post many many photos of your progress. Have you posted the specs on this particular boat before? 1985? It appears that someone has slapped on the graphics of an 86' vintage.[/QUOTEThe

I was thinking the same. But the 83-86 19 skier had the square windsheild. It could be that the 85 200 also used the rainbow. [email protected] will shure let us know.

Leave a comment:

• Covi
    replied
    The trailer is looking good. It also appears that you have scrubbed the snot out of it. Looks much better all ready.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X