Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Babe's seat soap VS 303 Vinyl Cleaner VS Vinyl Sauce

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Strip clubs (at least the talent in them) smell like vanilla and mixtures of random body sprays (raspberry, strawberries etc). So I have heard......

    I was also thinking that different areas may have different cleaning demands. So different products may work 100% different by geographic area. IE City boats may need something that cleans soot or acid rain were a cottage boat in Northern Ontario may need something that is better at removing bugs or sap.

    Comment


    • #17
      This is from the MasterCraft owner's manual.

      Upholstery
      While the vinyl is made to withstand the elements, it is important to care for vinyl by keeping it clean at all times. Many substances may stain the vinyl if left untreated over a period of time. Remember to remove any contaminant and clean vinyl immediately.
      Regular washing with mild detergent (see attached information) and warm water or vinyl cleaners is sufficient to keep the cushion and vinyl coverings in good condition. Do not soak the cushion, and dry thoroughly after washing to prevent mildew accumulations when the boat is covered. Spray the cushions with a mildew repellent and prop them up in the boat when it is covered to take advantage of air circulation.

      MasterCraft vinyl is made to withstand the effects of sun, heat, acid rain and soiling, under normal conditions, but this does not preclude the cleaning requirements. Please consult the following cleaning recommendations before cleaning your upholstery.

      Certain household cleaners, powdered abrasives, steel wool, and industrial cleaners may cause damage and discoloration, and are not recommended for use. Dry cleaning fluids and lacquer solvents should not be used as they will remove the printed pattern and gloss. Waxes are not recommended, as many contain dyes and solvents that can permanently damage the vinyl’s protective coating.

      In some instances, consumers have reported the appearance of a pink stain on vinyl that is resistant to various cleaning methods. Although there can be other causes for pink staining in vinyls, most pink stains are caused by dyes produced by micro-organisms. These dyes are metabolic products of the micro-organisms, otherwise known as a form of fungi.
      It is virtually impossible for consumers to avoid these micro-organisms as they exist in the atmosphere, which are more prevalent in high-humidity areas. Rain cleanses the air, with the result being that the micro-organisms are deposited on items such as marine vinyl.
      While the vinyl is treated to resist the growth of micro-organisms (meaning the vinyl is not a food source), the stain results from failure to properly clean and maintain the vinyl. This means that after use, the upholstery must be cleaned with a soft brush and warm soapy water, followed by a thorough rinse with clean water.

      This situation is worsened if the boat is stored without proper ventilation or if the boat cover is put on while the vinyl is still wet, creating a situation in which all forms of fungi (mold and mildew) thrive.

      Failure to follow these instructions in the proper care of upholstery may cause your warranty to be voided!

      The cleaning table presented in this section is offered only as a suggestion and as an aid in attempting to deal with stains. We do not guarantee that the cleaning methods will work. Stains from any external source are unlikely to be covered by warranty.

      All of the products listed as recommended are especially good for routine care. Subsequent to publication we have been advised that 303 Fabric/Vinyl Cleaner(TM) is, followed up by 303 High Tech Fabric Guard(TM), highly recommended as a result of testing by the upholstery manufacturer.

      Comment


      • #18
        I am curious if that's for the new vinyl or any vinyl that mastercraft has used.

        What year owners manual is that from?


        Originally posted by 2012X45 View Post
        This is from the MasterCraft owner's manual.

        Upholstery
        While the vinyl is made to withstand the elements, it is important to care for vinyl by keeping it clean at all times. Many substances may stain the vinyl if left untreated over a period of time. Remember to remove any contaminant and clean vinyl immediately.
        Regular washing with mild detergent (see attached information) and warm water or vinyl cleaners is sufficient to keep the cushion and vinyl coverings in good condition. Do not soak the cushion, and dry thoroughly after washing to prevent mildew accumulations when the boat is covered. Spray the cushions with a mildew repellent and prop them up in the boat when it is covered to take advantage of air circulation.

        MasterCraft vinyl is made to withstand the effects of sun, heat, acid rain and soiling, under normal conditions, but this does not preclude the cleaning requirements. Please consult the following cleaning recommendations before cleaning your upholstery.

        Certain household cleaners, powdered abrasives, steel wool, and industrial cleaners may cause damage and discoloration, and are not recommended for use. Dry cleaning fluids and lacquer solvents should not be used as they will remove the printed pattern and gloss. Waxes are not recommended, as many contain dyes and solvents that can permanently damage the vinyl’s protective coating.

        In some instances, consumers have reported the appearance of a pink stain on vinyl that is resistant to various cleaning methods. Although there can be other causes for pink staining in vinyls, most pink stains are caused by dyes produced by micro-organisms. These dyes are metabolic products of the micro-organisms, otherwise known as a form of fungi.
        It is virtually impossible for consumers to avoid these micro-organisms as they exist in the atmosphere, which are more prevalent in high-humidity areas. Rain cleanses the air, with the result being that the micro-organisms are deposited on items such as marine vinyl.
        While the vinyl is treated to resist the growth of micro-organisms (meaning the vinyl is not a food source), the stain results from failure to properly clean and maintain the vinyl. This means that after use, the upholstery must be cleaned with a soft brush and warm soapy water, followed by a thorough rinse with clean water.

        This situation is worsened if the boat is stored without proper ventilation or if the boat cover is put on while the vinyl is still wet, creating a situation in which all forms of fungi (mold and mildew) thrive.

        Failure to follow these instructions in the proper care of upholstery may cause your warranty to be voided!

        The cleaning table presented in this section is offered only as a suggestion and as an aid in attempting to deal with stains. We do not guarantee that the cleaning methods will work. Stains from any external source are unlikely to be covered by warranty.

        All of the products listed as recommended are especially good for routine care. Subsequent to publication we have been advised that 303 Fabric/Vinyl Cleaner(TM) is, followed up by 303 High Tech Fabric Guard(TM), highly recommended as a result of testing by the upholstery manufacturer.

        Comment


        • #19
          That disclaimer has been around for a bit as has the chart in some form or another have one in my 2000 manual. It's more of a tutorial on what to use for certain stains in the 2000 manual.
          Last edited by swatguy; 04-04-2013, 01:29 PM.
          CURRENT: 2008 SANTE 210 w NSS

          2000 Mastercraft Xstar
          2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
          2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
          99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
          88 2001 Nautique

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by swatguy View Post
            I would also throw Totally Awesome Cleaner or Malco in the mix vs all of those................
            I use Malco and it works great...........
            Currently schlepping on BIL's X46

            MISS "B" HAVEN

            2007 X2, Indmar 350 MCX (Sold)
            OJ 522 14.75 x 15.5
            Tugger: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew, EcoDiesel
            http://www.crowniehq.net

            Comment


            • #21
              which one of the Malco products do you suggest?

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Big tic View Post
                which one of the Malco products do you suggest?
                This is the only one I've used. Local upholstery shop recommended.

                http://www.amazon.com/Malco-Leather-...lastic+cleaner
                Currently schlepping on BIL's X46

                MISS "B" HAVEN

                2007 X2, Indmar 350 MCX (Sold)
                OJ 522 14.75 x 15.5
                Tugger: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew, EcoDiesel
                http://www.crowniehq.net

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by BrooksfamX2 View Post
                  I use Malco and it works great...........
                  x2.

                  There was a guy on WakeWorld that did a bunch of chemistry testing on the product and it is essentially the exact same product as LA's Totally Awesome in chemical make-up.

                  I bought the Malco at the recommendation of Harold and will use the Malco until it runs out, but after seeing the data, I will use the money saved to buy Totally Awesome in lieu of Malco on other upgrades.
                  -Cameron
                  2007 ProStar 197
                  1996 ProStar 190

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    http://www.mastercraft.com/files/man...4fd59f1aaf.pdf

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by pmikler View Post
                      I am curious if that's for the new vinyl or any vinyl that mastercraft has used.

                      What year owners manual is that from?
                      2012. Check out the link to the PDF on page 3 that I posted.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Is that Totally Awesome "all purpose cleaner" that you all are recommending?
                        David
                        2008 X2 MCX
                        1999 Maristar 210 (sold)
                        1996 Bayliner 2050

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Yessir..
                          www.nwboatsports.com
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/NW-Bo...27792007306783

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Sodar View Post
                            x2.

                            There was a guy on WakeWorld that did a bunch of chemistry testing on the product and it is essentially the exact same product as LA's Totally Awesome in chemical make-up.

                            I bought the Malco at the recommendation of Harold and will use the Malco until it runs out, but after seeing the data, I will use the money saved to buy Totally Awesome in lieu of Malco on other upgrades.

                            Yea it was essentially the same, some minor chemicals were swapped in the mixture, but the active stuff was essentially the same. However the Malco costs 3 times as much.

                            The Toatally Awesome has a million uses. IT all depends how much you dilute it. I use it for everything around house. Works great and has yet to fail me. Just make sure you use a good conditioner/protectant after you use it on your vinyl. I will strip/clear the old stuff off
                            CURRENT: 2008 SANTE 210 w NSS

                            2000 Mastercraft Xstar
                            2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
                            2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
                            99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
                            88 2001 Nautique

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Update:

                              I just finished using Collintie Cleaner wax and Fleetwax on the interior fiberglass. Great products. The boat is really starting to look new. I decided to apply the cleaner wax and fleetwax by hand (I am going to use the PC 7424xp on exterior and may go over larger interior areas). Looks awesome. I followed this up with Babe's Boat bright. It worked great also (smelled awesome, similar to heaven I would assume).

                              There are no dealers of Malco or Totally Awesome within a 4 hour drive of me (great white northeast). I am however traveling to our nations capital (Ottawa) next week and plan to purchase some Totally awesome to try on the vinyl. I still can see some spots that need some attention.

                              Tonight I will be attacking the non-slip flooring with some star brite cleaner and a scrub brush. After it is clean I am going to fleetwax the non-slip that is under carpet, followed by babes Boat bright.

                              Carpet is pretty dirty. I plan to pressure wash it, scrub it with some carpet cleaners, and last soak with fabric softener and then finial wash off.

                              Tried cleaning a section on the tower with babes boat bright and it did a surprisingly good job. I am going to try some other aluminum cleaners and will report back on them as well.

                              I promise to post pictures once it is completed.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I don't know how it reacts on the vinyl in the long run (I've had no probs in the past) but I have used Mr Clean Magic Erasers before to get out deep dirt and stains and it has worked better in just a few seconds than most cleaners did after 20 mins of scrubbing...However I'm always afraid that if it works that well the chemicals can't be too good for the vinyl so I always immediately use a seat soap followed by a vinyl conditioner right after using one...just to be safe. Like I said, I've never had probs in the past with doing this and I've found the Magic Eraser to work better than anything else...plus they're cheap. Although if you use a daily seat cleaner you shouldn't ever really need it! Just my 2 cents worth...

                                PS...if anybody has had a bad experience or reaction on their vinyl from a Mr Clean Magic Eraser...please let me know so I know for sure not to use it any in the future!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X