No announcement yet.

Babe's seat soap VS 303 Vinyl Cleaner VS Vinyl Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The magic eraser isn't a chemical, it's micro-sandpaper. I use it only a very little bit as a last ditch effort on stains that nothing else will get out. It is bad for the vinyl because you are actually sanding it away.

Comment

Originally posted by bcd View Post
      The magic eraser isn't a chemical, it's micro-sandpaper. I use it only a very little bit as a last ditch effort on stains that nothing else will get out. It is bad for the vinyl because you are actually sanding it away.
      X2 You actually are taking a layer of vinyl off with the eraser, not buffing the stain off the vinyl. Use them sparingly
      CURRENT: 2008 SANTE 210 w NSS

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
      2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
      2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
      99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
      88 2001 Nautique

Comment

Previous owner used 303. the vinyl is in amazing shape especially for a 2004 most now the vinyl that year was suspect...

So i have continued the tradition and am using 303...

On the hull I use 3M restorer for problem spots...I am a disciple of 4M marine products...
        2004 MariStar 230 VRS with X Package
        Come find us on 'da Bayou

Comment

I echo the light use of the magic eraser but my hand down favorite cleaner is Boat Bling. Its the best I've tried. After a cleaning I use BB vinyl sauce.

Comment

Ordered some Babes Seat Soap and was, beside of the smell, disappointed about the cleaning ability.
            Doe's anybody know if one can purchase Totally awsome products in Europe?

Comment

http://static.ewg.org/reports/2012/c...allofshame.pdf

Mmm, see page 4...

Comment

Originally posted by LittleFuss View Post
                Previous owner used 303. the vinyl is in amazing shape especially for a 2004 most now the vinyl that year was suspect...

So i have continued the tradition and am using 303...

On the hull I use 3M restorer for problem spots...I am a disciple of 4M marine products...
                Where can I get some of that 4M marine stuff, it has to be better than 3M because 4 is a larger number than 3.......

Just messing with ya, back on topic now

When I picked up my boat from Viper, he recommended a mild soapy solution to clean and protect with 303.
                Being on the water is best, but when I'm not on the water I'm on TT.

2002 X Star
                Sold - 76 S&S

Comment

Originally posted by swatguy View Post
                  I would also throw Totally Awesome Cleaner or Malco in the mix vs all of those. You will see a huge difference in cleaning potential between the Babes, 303, and Vinyl Sauce vs either the Malco or the Totally Awesome Cleaner. Totally Awesome is cheap , readily available at almost any store, and really can't be beat as a vinyl cleaner. I wouldn't use the Totally Awesome as a daily wipedown like I would the 3 you mention, but again if you have dirty vinyl nothing will clean better than the Totally Awesome or Malco with a soft bristle brush. Also get a soft bristle brush for either of the 3 you mentioned. IT will add even more cleaning power.
                  I got some of that Totally Awesome in a spray bottle and it says on there to dilute it. Is that necessary?
                  Last edited by Snipe; 05-02-2013, 10:00 AM.

Comment

No need to dilute. Works great for a buck.
                    www.nwboatsports.com
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/NW-Bo...27792007306783

Comment

Do you guys use the 303 on gel coat as well as the vinyl?

Comment

I got some of that Totally Awesome in a pray bottle and it says on there to dilute it. Is that necessary?
                        I dilute mine in a bucket of water and use a sponge for regular washing. No dilute for extreme cleanings with a soft brisel brush. Btw this stuff CLEANS! I found its the only thing that gets the crap off my windshield frame to make it look brand new. I really do like babes though and use it if I have it. For a buck its hard to beat the alternative though. Just 303 it after. These stronger cleaners tend to dry upholstery out.

Comment

after scrubbing with some stuff from walmart yesterday and being displeased with the results i'll keep looking until i find some 303.

advice?
                          Current - '07 X2 blue on silver metal flake w/ switch graphics

MY LED INSTALL... CHECK IT OUT

MY WAKESIDE RIDE

"It's just water... not concrete or dirt... so just throw it"
                          -Parks Bonifay

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink... when they wake up that's as good as they're going to feel all day"
                          -Frank Sinatra

"Indecision may, or may not, be my problem"
                          -Jimmy Buffett

Comment

Totally Awesome
                            if you try that and you are disappointed you just need new vinyl

Comment

TOTALLY AWESOME IS THE NEW CHAMP.

Well got some Totally Awesome. At $1 it is a fraction of the cost of the designer cleaners. I picked up a case.

Blows the doors off everything I tried (babes, 303 cleaner and vinyl sauce).

Dont waste your money like I did. Buy Totally awesome and follow up with a light wash with water and then 303 areospace. I see some guys use babes or vinyl sauce after using Totally awesome. I used a damp sponge with warm water then 303.

Anyway interior looks great. Did great work on the sticking.

Eric

Comment

Is this the cleaner you are using? http://www.dollargeneral.com/product...uctId=11786549

Comment

Working...
                                X