Boat Wraps ?$?$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat Wraps ?$?$

Anyone have any knowledge about boat wrap durability?
    Any idea on the cost for a full boat wrap?
    Do you need to wax a wrapped boat?
    If a boat is wrapped can the wrap be removed later without damaging the original Gel Coat?

Any experience/knowledge from MC owners who have taken the plunge would be appreciated.

In the US a boat wrap can cost anywhere from $3500 to $8000
    A good wrap should last 4-5 years - if applied correctly.
    no. no reason to wax as wrap should have a protective laminate.
    Yes - good wrap material should come off easily. If factory gel - it should be no problem at all. if there have been repairs then there could be an issue if surface was not prepared properly
    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

mikeg is right on the money. My neighbor paid $3500 for a custom wrap that lasted 5 years before it started to show its age. He had it removed without issue and is now considering a second one.

Comment

I've heard a Sirlin wrap installed at MMS will run you north of 6K.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I started to think it might be interesting to give our Purple '94 a facelift and make it look like the limited metal flake '93. The wrap cost and lifespan puts that idea (whether smart or not) out of my reach.

I'd like to think that I've learned my lesson about putting more money into things than they are worth, but it seems that there are so many cool ways to lose money!

Comment

Originally posted by PineLakeRumble View Post
            Thanks for the info. I started to think it might be interesting to give our Purple '94 a facelift and make it look like the limited metal flake '93. The wrap cost and lifespan puts that idea (whether smart or not) out of my reach.

I'd like to think that I've learned my lesson about putting more money into things than they are worth, but it seems that there are so many cool ways to lose money!
            Isn't that the truth.

Comment

With new letters from MasterCraft, this was around $1700
              Attached Files
              sigpic
              2014 Chap 264 Sunesta
              2019 XT25 GEN2 5500
              2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
              2016 G21 Coastal 5.3
              2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
              2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
              2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
              2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
              2013 Yamaha 242LS

Comment

Looks sharp! Well done.

Comment

nice...
                  sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

I had my wrap done for 2400 from a local wrap place. All the quotes I got were around 2500 for my boat. An x45 full wrap above and below rub rail. It was printed on heavy duty 3m vlaminated vinyl. I will say they are not the most durable. Make sure your bumpers have sleeve covers on the, cause the bumpers can mar the vinyl and they can get knocked up pretty easy. I have had a few people drop boards and take little pieces of the wrap up but nothing I can't live with. The first one is the worse they you learn to deal with them. Mine is on its first season and looks great. Easy maintenance. Just wipe down with hot sauce and it cleans right up. Even if the scum is left on overnight.

Comment

Here are some pics
                      Attached Files

Comment

Another
                        Attached Files

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

What about blisters forming under a wrap? I would be worried about water getting trapped underneath it.
                            We defy the mafia!

Comment

Originally posted by GoinBoatin View Post
                              I had my wrap done for 2400 from a local wrap place. All the quotes I got were around 2500 for my boat. An x45 full wrap above and below rub rail. It was printed on heavy duty 3m vlaminated vinyl. I will say they are not the most durable. Make sure your bumpers have sleeve covers on the, cause the bumpers can mar the vinyl and they can get knocked up pretty easy. I have had a few people drop boards and take little pieces of the wrap up but nothing I can't live with. The first one is the worse they you learn to deal with them. Mine is on its first season and looks great. Easy maintenance. Just wipe down with hot sauce and it cleans right up. Even if the scum is left on overnight.
                              only problem with vinyl is it gets soft in the heat. The 3m beafy stuff.. nice wrap

Comment

Working...
                              X