Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cool feel interior ripping at seams X24 2019

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cool feel interior ripping at seams X24 2019

    Hello

    Do you have had problems with the black cool feel interior. My boat has about 450 hours and is from 2019.

    The middle back seat starts tear apart. Because Mastercraft boats don’t have a walkthrough, you need to step on the middle seat to get up and on the platform. This puts a lot stress on the seams and material. The area around the handle to flip the seats is really vulnerable.

    In my opinion the seat cushioning is too soft and it’s gives away a lot when stepping on it. This puts a lot stress on the seams and on the laminated cool feel material.

    Any thoughts?

    Greetings

    Chris

    Ps. For some reason I could not post pictures...

  • #2
    Here are the pics in iCloud

    https://share.icloud.com/photos/0ypC...Ew3c9eYC--pK9A

    https://share.icloud.com/photos/0vDF...nUjx8--N6jYl2w

    Comment


    • #3
      450 hours in a year is about 5 to 9 times more hours per year than your average boater. I find my foam is extremely plush and thick, and not too soft. However, I did have a small tear pop up by my flip seat handle too and I’ve got 40 hours.
      Attached Files
      Aric


      LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
      Register Here

      2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
      For Sale:
      2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Chrisonskis View Post
        Hello

        Do you have had problems with the black cool feel interior. My boat has about 450 hours and is from 2019.

        The middle back seat starts tear apart. Because Mastercraft boats don’t have a walkthrough, you need to step on the middle seat to get up and on the platform. This puts a lot stress on the seams and material. The area around the handle to flip the seats is really vulnerable.

        In my opinion the seat cushioning is too soft and it’s gives away a lot when stepping on it. This puts a lot stress on the seams and on the laminated cool feel material.

        Any thoughts?

        Greetings

        Chris

        Ps. For some reason I could not post pictures...

        450 hrs is about 5 -8 years for a lot of people.

        My sales rep cautioned me to have passengers find a path around the center flip seat handle.

        I get many compliments on our interior from late model Malibu and Nautique owners, especially about how plush it is.

        I’ve got 100 hrs and other than faint sunscreen stains, it’s held up well.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MasterCraft Ranger View Post
          450 hrs is about 5 -8 years for a lot of people.

          My sales rep cautioned me to have passengers find a path around the center flip seat handle.

          I get many compliments on our interior from late model Malibu and Nautique owners, especially about how plush it is.

          I’ve got 100 hrs and other than faint sunscreen stains, it’s held up well.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Ranger, did you have the flooring replaced on your swim platform?

          Comment


          • #6
            The boat was before a demonstrator for the swiss official Mastercraft importeur and we had an issue last summer with the low voltage warning. Couldn’t switch off the engine without getting the loud beeper on. Therefore the amount of hours.

            Nevertheless the 450 hours is comparable with about 12000-20000 miles / 1-2 years wear and tear of a car. My Mercedes GLS doesn’t show any kind of signs of wear in the interior after 2 years of usage as family car. I would expect similar quality from a comparable top notch brand like Mastercraft.

            I think the selection of materials and controlled elasticity of the middle seat could be an upgrade to avoid too early ripping of the cool feel material around the fliphandle and seat cushion seams.

            Comment


            • #7
              Mine is doing the same thing but its not cool feel. I'm certain its just wear and tear. MC should make it where you don't have to step on seats to get into the boat.

              This is the lower center seat which one has no way to drain all the water it sees except through these small holes and two everyone steps on it getting into the boat.
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #8
                We have 450 hours on our 2016, and have 4 different seats that are all tearing at the seams (some worse than others but the good news is that they will all be replaced under warranty at the end of this season.
                2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

                I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

                "LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

                Comment


                • #9
                  This is pathetic. Reminds me of early 2000s. They should benchmark motorcycle and off road vehicle seats. These take way more abuse all year long and in my experience live longer than MC seats. Very disappointed

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Geez, this is disappointing...

                    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      i have experienced the same on a 2019 w/ less than 100 hours. i have submitted as a warranty claim as it has been normal use. No word back on it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        i would also add that my perception is not that it is a flaw w/ the vinyl, but rather a flaw w/ the design. to have the flip-out seat as is requires quite a bit of structural support, and there is only so much padding/vinyl you can put around it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I brought this up directly at the factory and they fed me some story about how their vinyl was better than other manufacturer's, and that's why it was okay to step on it. I told them that I've had to replace the vinyl in four of their boats so I found this hard to believe. To be honest, it's a pretty grossly overlooked design flaw to have an industry-leading water sports boat where you're forced to step on vinyl every time you decide to climb in and out of it. If they replace your vinyl under warranty I'll be shocked, and I'll be asking the same soon.

                          I've also considered removing the rear convertible seat just because the design of it makes no sense. This might be an option for some but seems like what should be an unnecessary action.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by badinlake View Post
                            i would also add that my perception is not that it is a flaw w/ the vinyl, but rather a flaw w/ the design. to have the flip-out seat as is requires quite a bit of structural support, and there is only so much padding/vinyl you can put around it.
                            Agreed...100%

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              My 2018 is receiving 5 new skins this week...A mix of CoolFeel and standard covers. Very disappointing to say the least!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X