Strongest cleaner for white hull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strongest cleaner for white hull

Bought a 2001 X-30 earlier this year and we loved it all summer. I gave it a heavy wash and wax at the end of the season and am satisfied (not perfect, and new decals needed) with everything except that the white is heavily discolored. As I washed there were a few parts where the yellow grime basically flaked off, but on other parts, even with some collinite fiberglass wash and an orbital polisher, it wouldn't budge.

What is the strongest cleaner I can apply? Anyone dare use LimeAway or CLR or anything like that?
    Attached Files

There is an acid hull wash that my dealer uses. Check with your local dealer to make sure it is safe to use.

Comment

I was pointed to muriatic acid many years ago. Some dilute 50%. Some apply full strength.
      You can buy it at a pool shop. It is also used for etching concrete so be warned if you have a nice driveway and don't want spots. (I used a local diy car wash on a rainy day when no one was there)
      It is nasty stuff. You should use goggles, gloves and a proper respirator.
      If it gets on the trailer rinse immediately.
      agua4fun
      TT Enthusiast
      Last edited by agua4fun; 11-02-2020, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Toilet bowl cleaner

93 190

Comment

Star brit hull cleaner!
          -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Sno Bowl toilet bowl cleaner.... used it on a past boat once and it was amazing.... will definitely need a good wax afterwards, but man does it whiten.

[I make no claims as to what it does/doesn't harm. I have no idea. It cleans great.]

Comment

I use Zing for fiberglass. It works amazing. Don't get it on your skin or eyes. nasty crap but it works.

Comment

Nice boat BTW.

Comment

Starbright Hull cleaner....
                  - Jeff

1994 205, LT1

Comment

Thanks all - Star Brite seems like the safest option, I'll pick up a bottle and try it out!

Comment

before/after
                      Attached Files
                      - Jeff

1994 205, LT1

Comment

Gel toilet bowl cleaner and hydrogen peroxide...mix them 50/50 in a spray bottle. Get the hull wet, spray the mixture on it, wipe down / scrub with an old wash mit, rinse thoroughly. Wash with soap and water.

I'd def suggest wearing some dish washing gloves. Also, don't let the mix try on the boat as it's darn strong.

Comment

Muratic acid is $7 a gallon. And the strongest, it’s what we use at the dealership.

Comment

Get a bucket of zip carwash made up with warm water. Don't pre wet the boat. Spray the hull with the starbrite hull cleaner and wait about 5 minutes. Wash the hull with the zip carwash and wash mitt and rinse. Spray the hull down a second time and wait 5 minutes and wash a second time.

Make sure to get some wax on the hull before you take it back out.
                            -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

That cobalt is pretty!

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X