Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement Boat Decal Poll - what would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HA!

I'm buying the whites. Buying the the blacks too!
    ¡Viva 205V!
    2003 X2 MCX

Comment

Way to be inclusive and equitable

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I forget what year but a early to mid 2000’s Prostar TT had red one one side and black on the other I think. I’m sure someone will plug it in here.

Comment

This makes me nervous. Think I'll be able to get this uniform? Not surprised, but didn't think it would be that bad. For what it's worth, took me a bit to capture it with the phone and the right light.
          Attached Files
          ¡Viva 205V!
          2003 X2 MCX

Comment

I know it's really hard to tell from these pics and I can't get far enough away in my garage, but want to get some more public opinion.

Do these look fairly close to where they belong bow to stern?

Are they big enough!? 47in W x 5in H (on the capital letters)

Would you center vertically as best you can between rubrail and that first small lip near the bottom edge of existing decal?

Want to make sure I'm on the right track here.

I have a pro detailer coming over who I've used in the past to give me some advice and tips on what he'd do as far as compounding, ghosting, cutting deep enough to last, etc., but I'm probably not going to tackle this until I get the boat back from the upholster in October.

Anxious to hear your thoughts. Worst case, if I get all done and wasn't happy with the white, I'd probably try a set of the custom drip molded tops that lay right on top of these from domednumbers. Could do black, could do a black mica flake, etc.
            Attached Files
            ¡Viva 205V!
            2003 X2 MCX

Comment

You could go the old 2007 tournament team route and put white graphics on one side and black on the other

Comment

Originally posted by BROUSSARD View Post
                You could go the old 2007 tournament team route and put white graphics on one side and black on the other
                Maybe, but I will more than likely keep it consistent port to starboard.

Any opinions on the pictures at the bottom of page 2? (shameless bump)
                ¡Viva 205V!
                2003 X2 MCX

Comment

bruce, looks well centered to me.

Comment

Originally posted by bcd View Post
                    Does this bother you? That's as clean as you can get them with a spray bottle and rag wiping down the boat. All of the tight spaces inside and between the letters stay dirty.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                    I have zero issue with this on my boat. I use a microfiber rag (Costco Brand) and you can easy shape the rage to remove the left behind residue.

What type of product are you using to clean the boat?

I recent bought some Boat Juice and have been extremely please with the product and how it holds up.

Comment

Question on polishers. Been reading a lot, watching Youtube and scouring the TT archives, but one question I can't seem to answer is:

Can I get away with just a Rotary (Orbital) Polisher? Like the Makita 9237C for BOTH cutting (wet sand and/or wool compounding) AND polishing with foam pads? Or do I really ultimately need both a rotary and a DA tool to accomplish both jobs?

Most videos I see of the "pros" show a rotary to wet sand and compound and then finishing up with a DA and polish on a foam pad. Motivation behind the question is purely from a cost savings perspective as well as I don't believe I will be able to eliminate ghosting from decal removal with a DA. Anybody?
                      ¡Viva 205V!
                      2003 X2 MCX

Comment

So things are coming together, but question for the collective:

Since I'm stripping the side decals and installing the raised satin black MasterCraft logo, would you replace the transom decals with this (see below) or trying too hard?

It's the raised silver chromex transom decal and is 34in wide x 3in high. Would it be dumb to have silver/chrome on the back and black on the sides? Probably over-thinking it, but appreciate opinions.
                        Attached Files
                        ¡Viva 205V!
                        2003 X2 MCX

Comment

bruce, what size is that one? is it the same as the sides?

i ended up just leaving the original one on the transom.

Comment

Originally posted by ttu View Post
                            bruce, what size is that one? is it the same as the sides?

i ended up just leaving the original one on the transom.
                            It's same font as the sides, but smaller (34" x 3" versus 47" x 5")

Here's another pic of it on a 197
                            Attached Files
                            ¡Viva 205V!
                            2003 X2 MCX

Comment

nice!! look forward to seeing yours when it's done.

Comment

Originally posted by ttu View Post
                                nice!! look forward to seeing yours when it's done.
                                On order. Thanks! Yeah, I'm super excited. Stripping decals next week, winterization and new custom cover template on the 13th and then drop her off at the upholstery shop on the 15th.

Hopefully will be able to do some work on the trailer over the winter too. Had the UFP conversion done and full inspection on brakes/seals/axles (nothing to address) this last spring, but the fenders need some love (the step grip), the trailer could probably stand to be repainted and I'm considering some new wheels.

Will start a new thread with pics and progress soon.
                                ¡Viva 205V!
                                2003 X2 MCX

Comment

Working...
                                X