Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement Boat Decal Poll - what would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brucemac
    replied
    So things are coming together, but question for the collective:

Since I'm stripping the side decals and installing the raised satin black MasterCraft logo, would you replace the transom decals with this (see below) or trying too hard?

It's the raised silver chromex transom decal and is 34in wide x 3in high. Would it be dumb to have silver/chrome on the back and black on the sides? Probably over-thinking it, but appreciate opinions.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• brucemac
    replied
    Question on polishers. Been reading a lot, watching Youtube and scouring the TT archives, but one question I can't seem to answer is:

Can I get away with just a Rotary (Orbital) Polisher? Like the Makita 9237C for BOTH cutting (wet sand and/or wool compounding) AND polishing with foam pads? Or do I really ultimately need both a rotary and a DA tool to accomplish both jobs?

Most videos I see of the "pros" show a rotary to wet sand and compound and then finishing up with a DA and polish on a foam pad. Motivation behind the question is purely from a cost savings perspective as well as I don't believe I will be able to eliminate ghosting from decal removal with a DA. Anybody?

Leave a comment:

• Mastercraftdave
    replied
    Originally posted by bcd View Post
    Does this bother you? That's as clean as you can get them with a spray bottle and rag wiping down the boat. All of the tight spaces inside and between the letters stay dirty.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I have zero issue with this on my boat. I use a microfiber rag (Costco Brand) and you can easy shape the rage to remove the left behind residue.

What type of product are you using to clean the boat?

I recent bought some Boat Juice and have been extremely please with the product and how it holds up.

Leave a comment:

• ttu
    replied
    bruce, looks well centered to me.

Leave a comment:

• brucemac
    replied
    Originally posted by BROUSSARD View Post
    You could go the old 2007 tournament team route and put white graphics on one side and black on the other
    Maybe, but I will more than likely keep it consistent port to starboard.

Any opinions on the pictures at the bottom of page 2? (shameless bump)

Leave a comment:

• BROUSSARD
    replied
    You could go the old 2007 tournament team route and put white graphics on one side and black on the other

Leave a comment:

• brucemac
    replied
    I know it's really hard to tell from these pics and I can't get far enough away in my garage, but want to get some more public opinion.

Do these look fairly close to where they belong bow to stern?

Are they big enough!? 47in W x 5in H (on the capital letters)

Would you center vertically as best you can between rubrail and that first small lip near the bottom edge of existing decal?

Want to make sure I'm on the right track here.

I have a pro detailer coming over who I've used in the past to give me some advice and tips on what he'd do as far as compounding, ghosting, cutting deep enough to last, etc., but I'm probably not going to tackle this until I get the boat back from the upholster in October.

Anxious to hear your thoughts. Worst case, if I get all done and wasn't happy with the white, I'd probably try a set of the custom drip molded tops that lay right on top of these from domednumbers. Could do black, could do a black mica flake, etc.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• brucemac
    replied
    This makes me nervous. Think I'll be able to get this uniform? Not surprised, but didn't think it would be that bad. For what it's worth, took me a bit to capture it with the phone and the right light.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MIskiboat
    replied
    I forget what year but a early to mid 2000’s Prostar TT had red one one side and black on the other I think. I’m sure someone will plug it in here.

Leave a comment:

• bcd
    replied
    Way to be inclusive and equitable

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• brucemac
    replied
    HA!

I'm buying the whites. Buying the the blacks too!

Leave a comment:

• moosehead
    replied
    Originally posted by brucemac View Post
    Thanks Aric, appreciate that. I've actually never seen my same graphic before in all these years, which is surprising. Had it been one of the more traditional decals for that model year, I would have yanked it years ago. I realize that new decals aren't going to miraculously turn it into a $250K wave machine, but with new vinyl coming, I do want to freshen it up a bit as long as it looks clean and like it belongs.

Huge difference. Looks sharp.

Thanks, and nice looking boat.

Dang, that is clean!!! I've seen white on white up close in person and love it, but I'm wondering if it would look out of place with black trailer, black rub rail, black accents, black bimini, etc?

Carpets still match the drapes.

Or complement it, whichever the case may be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• brucemac
    replied
    Originally posted by MC25 View Post
    I may be in the minority but I absolutely love your boat with that original graphic
    Thanks Aric, appreciate that. I've actually never seen my same graphic before in all these years, which is surprising. Had it been one of the more traditional decals for that model year, I would have yanked it years ago. I realize that new decals aren't going to miraculously turn it into a $250K wave machine, but with new vinyl coming, I do want to freshen it up a bit as long as it looks clean and like it belongs.

Originally posted by Weekendpass View Post
    Here are a couple pictures of before and after of the decal change I did on my 2012 X30
    Huge difference. Looks sharp.

Originally posted by TolCarMan View Post
    I think the black would look sweet. Alternatively, you could take the decal off and just leave it that way… that’s what I did. Either way it’s gonna be sweet.
    Thanks, and nice looking boat.

Originally posted by moosehead View Post
    White on white looks sharp and you don’t have the detailing challenge of darker colors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Dang, that is clean!!! I've seen white on white up close in person and love it, but I'm wondering if it would look out of place with black trailer, black rub rail, black accents, black bimini, etc?

Leave a comment:

• moosehead
    replied
    White on white looks sharp and you don’t have the detailing challenge of darker colors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• TolCarMan
    replied
    I think the black would look sweet. Alternatively, you could take the decal off and just leave it that way… that’s what I did. Either way it’s gonna be sweet.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X