Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement Boat Decal Poll - what would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Boat Decal Poll - what would you do?

So with the vinyl getting redone this September, I'd like to freshen up the exterior as well, once I get her back home and looking for some feedback/opinion from the peanut gallery.

I'm considering two options:

Option 1
    DomedNumbers.com, domed triple outline (no gradient), in a 6in high x 60.5in wide, exactly like the bottom black example pic down below. Or should I consider 4in high x 40.3in wide?

Option 2
    OEM Satin Black Raised Decal (used 2014-2016) from Waterskis.com, 5in high x 46in wide, see pic below. Actually almost wish I could still get white, but with a black trailer, rubrail and other interior black accents, I think black makes the most sense.

Either way, I would be removing the smaller MasterCraft drip molded logos on each side near the stern.

Last question. Do I gain anything in terms of fading with white gel and given the fact the boat's been garage kept it's whole life, or is it a sure bet I'm going to have a fair amount of compounding?
    Attached Files
    ¡Viva 205V!
    2003 X2 MCX

Matte black will look awesome on your boat.

Comment

had a good right up and lost it.

yes I have the black matte and it looks great.

Comment

Option 3
        Raised Satin White (similar to Satin Black above, but used in 2017). Found them in stock and they seem to be roughly 2/3 the cost of the black.

Could always add Domed Emblem Overlay Set in black from domednumbers.com over the top, which could look sharp, but I believe are only available in gloss black, not flat.
        Attached Files
        ¡Viva 205V!
        2003 X2 MCX

Comment

Replacement Boat Decal Poll - what would you do?

The newer style raised letters are bad for detailing around and wiping the boat down.
          I’d do a flat sticker like the 90’s boats. Although I don’t have experience w the domed letters.

Comment

Does this bother you? That's as clean as you can get them with a spray bottle and rag wiping down the boat. All of the tight spaces inside and between the letters stay dirty.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

here is the black. boat just turned 14 this year. we did remove the stern decal later that you can see in the picture.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MIskiboat View Post
                The newer style raised letters are bad for detailing around and wiping the boat down.
                I’d do a flat sticker like the 90’s boats. Although I don’t have experience w the domed letters.
                Good point, hadn't thought of that.

Originally posted by bcd View Post
                Does this bother you? That's as clean as you can get them with a spray bottle and rag wiping down the boat. All of the tight spaces inside and between the letters stay dirty.

Again, good point. Do they clean up okay with fair amount of effort though? Or do they stain and wear over time?

Originally posted by ttu View Post
                here is the black. boat just turned 14 this year. we did remove the stern decal later that you can see in the picture.
                Dang, that looks good!!! I think I'm leaning black satin. Any other thoughts or comments? Wish I could find a little cheaper price. Great Lakes Skipper has the 2017 satin white for $189, but MCparts Depot and Waterskis.com want ~$390 a piece for black satin.
                ¡Viva 205V!
                2003 X2 MCX

Comment

This is what I could get cleaning with a q tip. Disclaimer, in my 7 years with this boat, this is the first time I've done it.

Another thing to point out, you have to be careful when wiping the boat down with a towel. The corners of the raised letters can catch, and you can end up pulling the letters up some. The tops of my M are loose from people catching them with the towel. I warn people now to be careful around the letters.

Comment

I may be in the minority but I absolutely love your boat with that original graphic
                    -Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
                    https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer

Comment

Here are a couple pictures of before and after of the decal change I did on my 2012 X30
                      Attached Files

Comment

I think the black would look sweet. Alternatively, you could take the decal off and just leave it that way… that’s what I did. Either way it’s gonna be sweet.
                        Attached Files
                        -Tolman
                        '22 XT23 coming soon...
                        '06 X30 (sold!)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

White on white looks sharp and you don’t have the detailing challenge of darker colors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                            I may be in the minority but I absolutely love your boat with that original graphic
                            Thanks Aric, appreciate that. I've actually never seen my same graphic before in all these years, which is surprising. Had it been one of the more traditional decals for that model year, I would have yanked it years ago. I realize that new decals aren't going to miraculously turn it into a $250K wave machine, but with new vinyl coming, I do want to freshen it up a bit as long as it looks clean and like it belongs.

Originally posted by Weekendpass View Post
                            Here are a couple pictures of before and after of the decal change I did on my 2012 X30
                            Huge difference. Looks sharp.

Originally posted by TolCarMan View Post
                            I think the black would look sweet. Alternatively, you could take the decal off and just leave it that way… that’s what I did. Either way it’s gonna be sweet.
                            Thanks, and nice looking boat.

Originally posted by moosehead View Post
                            White on white looks sharp and you don’t have the detailing challenge of darker colors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                            Dang, that is clean!!! I've seen white on white up close in person and love it, but I'm wondering if it would look out of place with black trailer, black rub rail, black accents, black bimini, etc?
                            ¡Viva 205V!
                            2003 X2 MCX

Comment

Originally posted by brucemac View Post
                              Thanks Aric, appreciate that. I've actually never seen my same graphic before in all these years, which is surprising. Had it been one of the more traditional decals for that model year, I would have yanked it years ago. I realize that new decals aren't going to miraculously turn it into a $250K wave machine, but with new vinyl coming, I do want to freshen it up a bit as long as it looks clean and like it belongs.

Huge difference. Looks sharp.

Thanks, and nice looking boat.

Dang, that is clean!!! I've seen white on white up close in person and love it, but I'm wondering if it would look out of place with black trailer, black rub rail, black accents, black bimini, etc?

Carpets still match the drapes.

Or complement it, whichever the case may be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X