X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rabooze
    replied
    Originally posted by jpwhit View Post
    If they light up and turn on they are getting power. You do have go into setting on each remote and pick the stereo receiver you want them to connect too. You can have multiple stereo receivers on a NMEA bus, hence you have to configure the remotes for what device on the bus you want them to control.
    Got it. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• jpwhit
    replied
    If they light up and turn on they are getting power. You do have go into setting on each remote and pick the stereo receiver you want them to connect too. You can have multiple stereo receivers on a NMEA bus, hence you have to configure the remotes for what device on the bus you want them to control.

Leave a comment:

• rabooze
    replied
    FYI just reading the manual I think I turned on NRX power thinking i needed that. Sounds like that is part of the problem. I have the NMEA-2000 network cord plugged into the correct spot on the head unit. Do I need to do anything else to make sure they are getting power?

Leave a comment:

• rabooze
    replied
    So I installed the Fusion MS-RA770 Apollo yesterday. There were 6 plugs available to hook up. Once I put the main harness in i noticed the speakers in the bow and rear were working. Two of the plugs looked to be coming from the sub itself so I hooked it to the "Sub Out" option on the wiring harness that had Zone 1 & Zone 2 on it. Then I hooked the other 4 to Zone 3 and Zone 4, which is the tower and I think the speaker behind the driver. It sounds really good so I think I did it right. Music comes out so thats a plus! I went into the settings for the stereo and selected power for the remotes. They powered up but say "Stereo Offline". I did the firmware update as well. Any thoughts here?

Leave a comment:

• neil.anderson63
    replied
    For me - This communication issue for Fusion components explains why the ‘14 model I just purchased has all new Fusion remotes and head unit. Good info here. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• brucemac
    replied
    TL'DR spend the money and buy the Apollo assuming it fits. That's what I'd do, if it fit (and if I needed it).

Yours doesn't serve a NM2K or NMEA2000 Network, but it can be a part of one. RTFM

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/c/marin...entertainment/

NMEA 2000 Remote Control and Display The stereo can be controlled by compatible Fusion wired remote controls installed in the audio zones throughout the vessel. Operating the entertainment system from the remote control is similar to operating it from the main stereo. Fusion wired remote controls operate over an existing NMEA 2000 network, so wiring the remote controls directly to the stereo is not necessary. All remote controls connected to the same NMEA 2000 network as the stereo can control the stereo. The Fusion wired remote control can also serve as an NMEA® display showing NMEA navigation data or vessel performance data from other NMEA devices on an existing NMEA 2000 network. See the instructions provided with your remote control for information on supported NMEA 2000 PGN information. NMEA 2000 Information NMEA 2000 is the most popular marine standard for data communication within vessels. It has become the standard for sending navigation and engine management data within vessels. Fusion introduces an industry first product by incorporating NMEA 2000 functionality in its audio remote control devices. This enables the user to monitor a series of NMEA sentences available over the NMEA 2000 network on a connected remote control.

Identify the real part# from your head unit. You can get this from the menu screen. Identify the remote part#'s. Call Fusion/Garmin customer support. Ask for help. You are likely missing the NM2K network, which is required to power your 2 remotes, but if you bugger the 12V up, you can damage your source unit as others have said. You just need to understand correct steps and many here don't know because it's already wired.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.7 KB ID:	2704599

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.0 KB ID:	2704600

https://youtu.be/U4jAxINtF5w

Leave a comment:

• bloup101
    replied
    I’m not sure you need a nema starter kit. If the previous head unit was connected to the remote(s) you should only have to connect the nema cable to the head unit. Check the settings for remote(s) in the head unit. If it’s properly connected and you have the large screen you should also be able to control audio from 7” Murphy screen. Regardless of the number of remote(s) only 1 round plug cable needs to be connected to the head unit.

Leave a comment:

• rabooze
    replied
    Originally posted by jpwhit View Post
    See the other thread you started on this topic for other details. The MS-RA210 should be compatible with NRX200i remote. So, either the previous owner didn't connect up the NMEA2k bus correctly, or didn't configure the remotes properly and update the firmware from the main unit.

But the RA210 is only a 2 zone head unit. From the factory, the X25 is setup as a 4-zone audio system. So I'm guessing the previous owner must have combined some of the zones. Personally, I'm not sure if I could live with my X25 setup with 2-zones. The original setup has the following zone - main cabin, bow, sub-woofer, tower. And I adjust the volume level of them all separately pretty much all the time.
    Thanks for all the info. Yes, the current head unit is just a 2 zone which is annoying and will require me to upgrade. I dont think he has a NMEA2k bus in there as the two wired remootes have no power. So, I ordered the NMEA2k starter kit for $80 to get it gonig but i really want the 4 zone so I will look into that upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• jpwhit
    replied
    See the other thread you started on this topic for other details. The MS-RA210 should be compatible with NRX200i remote. So, either the previous owner didn't connect up the NMEA2k bus correctly, or didn't configure the remotes properly and update the firmware from the main unit.

But the RA210 is only a 2 zone head unit. From the factory, the X25 is setup as a 4-zone audio system. So I'm guessing the previous owner must have combined some of the zones. Personally, I'm not sure if I could live with my X25 setup with 2-zones. The original setup has the following zone - main cabin, bow, sub-woofer, tower. And I adjust the volume level of them all separately pretty much all the time.

Leave a comment:

• rabooze
    started a topic New Fusion stereo compatibility question

New Fusion stereo compatibility question

I posted this in General Discussion as well before seeing this forum.

I just took my 2014 X25 I just purchased out yesterday. The guy I bought it from replaced the original stereo head (main piece) before i picked the boat up because it was broken. He replaced it with another Fusion unit (MS-RA210) but the new unit doesn't work with the accessory by the driver or the one on the back of the boat. He said he couldn't locate the original model. Anyone had this problem in the past and is there a fix? Maybe upgrade the two others to match the new unit? The repeater by the driver is Fusion MS-NRX200i. Also, I tried for a little bit to adjust the zone levels but the tower speakers are about 8 times louder than the main speakers so when you turn it up to hear in the rest of the boat, the Tower speakers are way too loud. Any help you all can be would be great!!!
Working...
X