Fusion Head Replacement Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion Head Replacement Question

Sorry to start yet another thread on Fusion head replacement, but so far I haven't been able to find an answer.

So quick summary.....
    * My original system is a '15 X10 with the factory MS-IP700i head unit and two MS-NRX200i remotes.
    * The head unit started to have intermittent power up issues so after a bunch of diagnostics and effort, I decided to replace it.
    * after consulting with Fusion Tech support and reading threads, I settled on the MS-AV755 as the replacement
    * My understanding was that this deck was compatible with remotes and all I would need to do is splice power wires

Here is the problem
    * the new MS-AV755 comes with a 5 pin NMEA200 male connector.
    * the outgoing MS-IP700i had a 8 pin female NMEA200 connector
    * I haven't been able to find a converter cable

What is the easiest path? Do I really need to re-run my trunk from the deck to the remote?

Attached are some photos
    Attached Files

I think you will need an N2K drop cable and N2K power harness to build the N2K backbone. You will need a handful of the T's or a multi-T.

Comment

Originally posted by MLA View Post
      I think you will need an N2K drop cable and N2K power harness to build the N2K backbone. You will need a handful of the T's or a multi-T.
      First of all, thanks for the response. If I understand you correctly you're down the road of building a new N2K backbone. I shouldn't need to do that, the existing remotes and deck were on the N2K backbone already. But for some reason there seems to be two different connector types.

I haven't dug all the way back to the remote and see what connections they have. Was hoping someone went through this already

Comment

Originally posted by osmonet View Post

First of all, thanks for the response. If I understand you correctly you're down the road of building a new N2K backbone. I shouldn't need to do that, the existing remotes and deck were on the N2K backbone already. But for some reason there seems to be two different connector types.

I haven't dug all the way back to the remote and see what connections they have. Was hoping someone went through this already
        I may be wrong, because the "new" unit are putting has been retired for a bit, IIRC. While the remote works off the N2K, not all Fusion heads self-power the N2K. So this requires the added N2K power harness to be wired in and plugged into a T.

Comment

I think this remote works with your upgraded deck:

https://www.amazon.com/Fusion-Entert.../dp/B01H0NU7EI
          www.nwboatsports.com
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/NW-Bo...27792007306783

Comment

These are the MC part numbers:

Head Unit 409921
            Remote: 404281

Amazon link to the remote is cheaper than MC cost if you factor in shipping..
            www.nwboatsports.com
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/NW-Bo...27792007306783

Comment

Oz, below from my earlier install thread. IIRC the red NMEA 8 pin that needs to be deleted starts from the head unit and connects just behind the port side helm speaker. That section gets replaced with the supplied black unpowered NMEA 5 pin wire. If you did not get this latter black unpowered wire with the head unit, it can be ordered. Note the last sentence to set up the remote.

You’ll also have to delete the red powered NMEA 8 pin wire for the helm wired remote (CAB000851) and replace with the supplied black unpowered NMEA 5 pin wire just prior to the head unit. But once accessing the existing NMEA cable junction behind the portside bow speaker, it was pretty straightforward.

Have not yet played around with the Apple Airplay, PartyBus, DSP Profiles, Fusion Link phone-remote App, or other cool features, but it looks and sounds great and wired up nicely to my existing/older Fusion NX200 remote. You’ll have to go into settings/power options then check the NX Remote power option but it was a slick attachment.

Comment

On my 2015 X20 all the NEMA 2000 Ts and connections (bus) are behind the helm front seat above the heater core. I recommend you start at the bus section to see what you have exactly. The 8 pin connector cable should only be a few feet long and you should be able to remove it. If your NEMA 2000 is not 12v powered externally you will need to enable remote power in the head but only if the nema is not powered
                Last edited by bloup101; 05-15-2022, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Victory!!!!!

Moose, you get the big prize. the red cable which was actually a 8 pin to 5 pin adapter had to be deleted. On the X10, the red cable connected to a black 5 pin cable tucked away on the port side about 1/3 the distance between the glovebox and the bow speaker. Needless to say it was a chore to get at it. The new stereo pigtail was long enough to reach.

As other threads have mentioned, once connected, two more things needed to be done to get functionality
                  1. On the AV755 main deck, in the settings, the NRX Power option needs to be checked
                  2. On each remote, you need to enter the setting and select the AV755 as the stereo

Thank you to all who replied.

Comment

Working...
                  X