Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subwoofer Location Ideas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Subwoofer Location Ideas

    I have a 9" located at my feet already. Where else could I install a second subwoofer which is 10" on my 2000 X-Star?

  • #2
    I have my sub under the observer's seat. It sounds much better with the top of the observer's seat open, but it's still pretty loud with it shut.

    Comment


    • #3
      Guess if you don't like the answers given ask again

      http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=54277
      CURRENT: 2008 SANTE 210 w NSS

      2000 Mastercraft Xstar
      2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
      2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
      99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
      88 2001 Nautique

      Comment


      • #4
        Is your current sub in a sealed or ported enclosure? If not, you wont get much sound compared to building a box. See my post on adding box for 2001 205v (same as x star). You probably ought to put in a 12" if upgrading...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Rossterman View Post
          Is your current sub in a sealed or ported enclosure? If not, you wont get much sound compared to building a box. See my post on adding box for 2001 205v (same as x star). You probably ought to put in a 12" if upgrading...
          or a 15

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by swatguy View Post
            Guess if you don't like the answers given ask again

            http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=54277
            WOW! I am losing my mind!! I forgot I posted that... thank you for reminding me

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rossterman View Post
              Is your current sub in a sealed or ported enclosure? If not, you wont get much sound compared to building a box. See my post on adding box for 2001 205v (same as x star). You probably ought to put in a 12" if upgrading...
              Maybe I'll just upgrade to a 12" and just have one sub. The current sub, which i realized is a 9" is mounted in the bulkhead at the feet of the captain's chair.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JRW160 View Post
                or a 15
                I couldn't afford to cough up that storage space. That thing is humongo. Nice.
                CURRENT: 2008 SANTE 210 w NSS

                2000 Mastercraft Xstar
                2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
                2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
                99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
                88 2001 Nautique

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by swatguy View Post
                  I couldn't afford to cough up that storage space. That thing is humongo. Nice.
                  Yeah, it takes up the whole compartment. I took some measurements, and I think it will fit on the driver's side. I think I will have to remove the seat and seat base to get it in and relocate the electronics attached to the kickpanel. I'm going to try to get it in there in a couple of weeks.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X