No announcement yet.

2004 xstar stereo Replacing everything.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your interior looks great for an 04. Did you have that replaced or is it original?

Comment

Originally posted by bsettle1 View Post
      Your interior looks great for an 04. Did you have that replaced or is it original?
      Redone this year at viper customs. The old was so beyond trashed.

Comment

Nice equipment! Looks great so far, did you upgrade your alt?

Comment

Originally posted by BNIROOSTER View Post
          Nice equipment! Looks great so far, did you upgrade your alt?
          Not yet. I was forced into buying another 70amp one from the dealership last week so my boat would be in for a concert... That's been on my list for a while. Any input on a great place to rebuild one of just buy another extra.

Comment

alt

The best way to tell what size alt you need is to check your amp draw from your stereo and then match your alt (if possible) to your system draw. I can tell you from experience the 70 amp wont replenish your batteries at all if you are running your stereo at max capacity for any length of time. It was a good move using the trojan t-105s they last a decent amount of time and can be depleted many times without damage. PM me if you'd like to know how I have mine set up. I'm running a 5 amp system, 6 hlcd's on the tower 6 subs and 4 in boat wetsound 6.5s. I'm pulling around 200 amps at 75% max volume.....

Comment

What are you going to do about the holes where the clarion tweeters were?
              Being on the water is best, but when I'm not on the water I'm on TT.

2002 X Star
              Sold - 76 S&S

Comment

Originally posted by 76S&S View Post
                What are you going to do about the holes where the clarion tweeters were?
                I got JL 7.7 component speakers the tweeters fit perfectly in the clarion holes. The mid bass we are cutting bigger.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 04redxstar View Post
                  Not yet. I was forced into buying another 70amp one from the dealership last week so my boat would be in for a concert... That's been on my list for a while. Any input on a great place to rebuild one of just buy another extra.
                  Pm me, I have a lead on a 225+ amp alt
                  2002 Maristar 230 VRS

Comment

The install continues. We got a the speaker boxes cut, had to do some custom work for the speaker by the drivers feet. We cleaned everywhere since we removed all the interior pieces pretty much inside. Got the wetsound 410 wired and mounted.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Removed the JL 13 W7 and box. This box has been wet as you can see and I also destroyed the W7 when I turned the stereo way up and didn't have the boxed bolted down. It would make the box dance across the floor and the sub rubbed the boat wall. Honestly I never noticed a difference in sound and no one else has either in the past year. I'm putting the sub back in since I have one sitting here from being fixed.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Tonight we tested the tower speakers to make sure everything worked. The Wetsound Rev10 3 Some sound unbelievable with the two JL 750/1 amps almost all the way turned down and not tuned at all. Should have it finished tomorrow night or close to it.

Comment

I was wondering how you were going to mount the rev10 at first since you already are using the 2 can style speakers, but it looks sweet right in the middle like that! Nice job!

Comment

Ooh, is that a ragtop 69 Camaro that I see in the back corner???
                            Being on the water is best, but when I'm not on the water I'm on TT.

2002 X Star
                            Sold - 76 S&S

Comment

Originally posted by clrussell View Post
                              I was wondering how you were going to mount the rev10 at first since you already are using the 2 can style speakers, but it looks sweet right in the middle like that! Nice job!
                              I'm moving the Rev 10s more to the side. I was just trying to use the existing holes. But to use the swivel clamps they need more room.
                              Originally posted by 76S&S View Post
                              Ooh, is that a ragtop 69 Camaro that I see in the back corner???
                              It's got a 327 auto. It's one of our employees.

This is the other sub I want to install this winter.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Oops I meant rev410 I think, not the rev10s. But still good looking install

Comment

Working...
                                X