No announcement yet.

2004 xstar stereo Replacing everything.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 xstar stereo Replacing everything.

Ok i made a post a while back about replacing the whole sounds system. Its just fallen apart over years and was weak from the start. I took the advise on here and ordered everything today. Everything should be here friday and the fun begins. Any advise on the install would be appreciated, amp wiring or battery setup. Im looking to have the stereo on a switch completely seperate from the boats electrical. Right now i have a 3 battery setup but might get a few more. Along with what i bought i will be keeping my JL 13.5 W7.
    Attached Files

Well everything from wetsound came in. Here we go.
    Attached Files

Comment

Ws420,Wetsound SD6 amp, wetsound rev 10 s and 410. Now if the JL speakers and amps come tomorrow that would pull it all together.
      Attached Files

Comment

That's the biggest cat I've ever seen...

Awesome goods! Like to see the install process!

Comment

Nice! Should sound awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by SILENTxNOISE View Post
            That's the biggest cat I've ever seen...

Awesome goods! Like to see the install process!
            Hes protecting my new stuff for me! Plenty of picture will be taken. Im trying to figure out how im mounting all 5 amps and where. The 13.5 sub takes up so much room on the passenger side. I was thinking about in front of the drivers area. Any thoughts?
            Last edited by 04redxstar; 07-26-2013, 06:25 PM. Reason: needed to

Comment

5 amps...wow! Was there no way around that with your setup?

Comment

Originally posted by nickespi View Post
                5 amps...wow! Was there no way around that with your setup?
                Sorry should be 4 amps. JL 1000/1 v2 , Wetsound SD6, And two JL 750/1. iv been looking at other installs and amp racks. Some pretty impressive work done. This is gonna take a little time to do right.

Comment

I run a 2 battery setup for the stereo and 1 cranking battery. Running 2 amps right now, 1 for the 2 Kicker 12" subs and 1 for the 2 towers and cabins. The 2battery bankhandles it well.

Comment

Shoot me for saying, I wanna see some more pics of that cat! Haha savannah yes? I think I saw him on another thread.
                    -Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
                    https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer

Comment

Isn't it funny how a cat immediately jumps on or lays on anything that is new to the house.
                      Earmark Marine
                      https://earmark-car-audio.myshopify.com

Comment

Originally posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
                        Isn't it funny how a cat immediately jumps on or lays on anything that is new to the house.
                        Yup he was trying to open the boxes before i had them all inside. Earmarkmarine i can thank you for this list of stuff. You recommended on one of my other threads. I cant wait to get it hooked up.

Comment

So everything is here and the install has started. We are removing everything to clean it all up, cut out bigger holes, and to actually install the interior like it should be.... With washers and nuts and bolts... Don't really need to get into that little bit of disappointment.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Removal of the interior pieces and the speaker boxes, also mounting the Rev10s. Big thanks to my friend Kevin for helping me. And a few other pictures showing size difference in new vs old.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Last pictures before we quit for the night. We did hook up one of the JL 750/1amps and tested them real quick just for test purposes of corse..
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X