Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benzick
    replied
    I’m doing literally the same thing to my 2004 Xstar right now. Did you need spacer rings behind the 7.7”s in the cabin? I know the driver speaker you had to modify, but how about the others?

Leave a comment:

• bsloop
    replied
    Sounds good! The changes you hear would be expected as the speaker axis changes.

Only comment I have is on the power wiring at the battery.
    Ideally, the positive and ground connections should be on the opposite ends of a parallel battery setup. This will pull current evenly across the whole bank. Same for the charging wires.

Leave a comment:

• 04redxstar
    replied
    Those battery boxes are so sick.

Leave a comment:

• PremierPOWER
    replied
    Last one
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• PremierPOWER
    replied
    Engine batteries
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• PremierPOWER
    replied
    Sorry, ipad only let's me do one pict at a time for some reason
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• PremierPOWER
    replied
    I found my old red powder coated Dana Marine billet battery boxes from one of my Donzi's and figured they would look better in Dan's XStar than sitting in my hanger collecting dust. Still need to find bigger spacers and longer bolts for the third battery since the distribution post clamps are taller. Also to compensate on all the weight being on the port side, I moved the two starting batteries to the strbd side. Also put my Fluke amp clamp on the stereo batteries and got 251 amps peak
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• agarabaghi
    replied
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfvtnAvLlKc

And people gave me **** for posting the same kind of video =P Wetsounds kill it!

Leave a comment:

• 04redxstar
    replied
    Its everything i expected and more. Everythings so clean sounding.

Leave a comment:

• clrussell
    replied
    Originally posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
    holy hell.....
    Yea x2!

Leave a comment:

• MC25
    replied
    holy hell.....

Leave a comment:

• PremierPOWER
    replied
    Ok seriously though, we were out testing the sound on the water and my God is it loud. What was weird though is I got on the dock to get some videos of the boat driving away and it kind of sounded like some of the frequencies were being missed. I'm assuming this is just the sound of the engine and waves canceling them out? It sounds amazing in the boat. Here are the videos I got which is pretty much exactly what I was hearing in real time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8AfKqNkuSI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcpMHpXZ9as

I've gotten really good on the installing of speakers, amps, etc but tuning is still a bit new to me. What's the best way to get these dialed in perfectly? Especially the JL cockpit speakers since the amp is rated at 185w rms per channel and the speakers are 100w rms. we want these to last

Leave a comment:

• PremierPOWER
    replied
    That's a very nice boat with a very nice stereo. You must be very wealthy, especially mentioning Geist!!
    Last edited by PremierPOWER; 08-06-2013, 06:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• deminimis
    replied
    Originally posted by agarabaghi View Post
    if you don't mind
    Ditto. Very sano.

Leave a comment:

• agarabaghi
    replied
    if you don't mind

Leave a comment:

Working...