Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered! Thanks!!

Comment

Maybe I'm silly but I just put the wire to the positive of the battery instead of the ignition switch. Never skips a beat.

Comment

Thanks for the thread! It got me thinking.....I had an FRM01 timer left over from a nitrous setup ($15 on amazon) and was able to make it work too.

I set the delay for 10 minutes (600 seconds). I can't believe I didn't think if this sooner....thanks again!!!
        Attached Files

Comment

I personally prefer to wire it to a spare unused switch however I was not able to easily find the radio 'accy' wire under the dash on my boat. I really wish I could get my hands on a schematic.

Comment

I have an older boat but wired mine to the perko.... It can be always on unless i turn off the perko. Most of the time during the season the stations stay programmed etc...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
            -Cory 2.0ld

98 Maristar 225VRS - "Frankenstar"
            91 PS190 -Sold

RIP No1

Comment

Hmmm timer module is a great idea

Comment

Just ordered mine from Amazon.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by clrussell View Post
                  Just ordered mine from Amazon.

Thank you
                  If you bought an FRM01, this may save you some time:

https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...ad.php?t=79821

Comment

Originally posted by TyTanium View Post
                    If you bought an FRM01, this may save you some time:

https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...ad.php?t=79821
                    Thanks. I got the PAC listed above

Comment

Originally posted by eecyclone View Post
                      Correct, as long as you aren't cranking the engine for more than your timer duration (3 seconds with my programming)
                      Got mine installed today. Works as described when switching from Run to Acc and vice-versa. But it does not prevent the radio from cutting out when cranking the engine. Is my ignition wired differently? Or has everyone else experienced the same results?

Comment

Originally posted by Skyskiguy View Post
                        Got mine installed today. Works as described when switching from Run to Acc and vice-versa. But it does not prevent the radio from cutting out when cranking the engine. Is my ignition wired differently? Or has everyone else experienced the same results?
                        Mine is wired to a rocker switch....i think the only way to not drop out on starting is to go dual battery

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
                        Everyone Dies, but not everyone lives

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843

Comment

Originally posted by Skyskiguy View Post
                          This could be the result of a voltage drop during cranking, on the head units yellow B+/MEM circuit. No relay will cure this.

Comment

awesome idea!

i was just about to make a thread asking how people go around this idea. the kenwood deck in our boat likes to lose BT connection every few key cycles and can get kind of annoying after an afternoon of key cycling to keep having to re pair the phones.

i guess the other option would be just to wire the deck to battery, but im sure itd only be a matter of time before someone forgot to kill the batteries after putting the boat on the trailer...

Comment

My 14 X2 radio and remote cuts off every time I hit the start button. Really annoying and I never switch the key off till the end of the day. Let's me monitor depth temp and fuel level all the time.
                              Our 2014 X2 is Sold.

Comment

If you have 2 batteries you could install one of these and it should prevent the radio from quitting while starting the engine.

https://www.bluesea.com/products/761...12_24V_DC_120A

Comment

Working...
                                X