Subwoofer Installs...Let's see them!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subwoofer Installs...Let's see them!

I was looking for any pictures of subwoofer installs in your MCs. I saw Diesel's install in his MC (Very nice!), but was hoping to see a few more to get some more ideas for mine. Thanks, Shawn

Here is a 12" JBL in an X2

05 ProStar 209, Navy Flake, Slate Gray, MCX 1:1 Sold
    15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

I'll post a pic when I am done, but I'm putting one under the bow filler cushion firing back into the boat, with a custom grill in the shape of the X 2 logo in front of it.

Comment

Mine is under the walk-thru between the windshield panes. If I posted a pic of it I don't know that you could see anything. What the... I'll try.

Comment

I am running two 10" MTX 5500 subs in custom made boxes off of a Rocford Fosgate 300I 2 channel amp (150 watts per channel). The boxes are smaller than what the manufacturer recommends, but I can't afford the space with a 197. The box fits perfectly between the kick plate and the bow seat on the drivers side. Under the passengers seat my amps and other sub take up a little room, but it isn't too bad.

I am going to be redoing both sub enclosures this spring trying to get the manufacturers recommend volume inside the enclosures and still get them to fit in my 197.

Here is a picture of the sub under the passenger seat.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is a picture of the sub behind the kick panel on the driver's side.
            Attached Files

Comment

I built a sub box for under the bow filler cushion of our 205V. It's down firing tho.
              Attached Files
              2002 MasterCraft X10
              2004 MasterCraft Prostar 205v 'Wakeboard Edition'
              2018 MasterCraft XT20 50th Anny

Comment

Here's another picture with the cushion installed.

BTW...it houses a 12" Kicker CompVR sub.
                Attached Files
                2002 MasterCraft X10
                2004 MasterCraft Prostar 205v 'Wakeboard Edition'
                2018 MasterCraft XT20 50th Anny

Comment

here is one in a x-star replacing the stock sub and adding a fiberglass enclosure.
                  Attached Files

Comment

what would have been a great subwoofer install pic is one of Ric... contorting to get a 10" sub enclosure mounted in the very very tip of the bow of a 190!
                    That is inching up there to screw in the strap type mounts from the sub box to the rubrail on each side... Crawling between the MTS ballast tank and the bulkhead wall uuuuughghhhhgh... Now that would've been a pic!
                    Originally posted by TX.X-30 fan
                    Say yes to cheap beer---- no to ethanol.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyg
                      I am going to be redoing both sub enclosures this spring trying to get the manufacturers recommend volume inside the enclosures and still get them to fit in my 197.
                      Yes, I do want to know how that project goes! (In case you were wondering )

Comment

Originally posted by Andyg
                        Here is a picture of the sub behind the kick panel on the driver's side.
                        Woah, from what others have said in the past I expected that space on the 197 to be much smaller .

It looks like there is a ton of room under there to put a decent enclosure. Especially if there is room between the footrest and forward seat back. Might have to get creative with the box design but it looks relatively easy to get a cube out of that space.............unless the pic is deceiving.
                        05 ProStar 209, Navy Flake, Slate Gray, MCX 1:1 Sold
                        15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

I love that!! I may do something like that.
                          Originally posted by P-hat_in_Cincy
                          I built a sub box for under the bow filler cushion of our 205V. It's down firing tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel
                            Woah, from what others have said in the past I expected that space on the 197 to be much smaller .

It looks like there is a ton of room under there to put a decent enclosure. Especially if there is room between the footrest and forward seat back. Might have to get creative with the box design but it looks relatively easy to get a cube out of that space.............unless the pic is deceiving.
                            the pic is deceiving
                            I think an enclosure could be made by one of you handymen, but not me... The JL comes close to touching the front seat back when installed in the kick panel factory style. Andy, is that enclosure sealed? I even think it would be really tough to finagel an enclosure up into that spot when I consider the steering gear etc.

Comment

Here is the one that is behind the observers seat. I have another that is behind a custom kick panel under the cockpit that incorporates the same "X" but is raised off of the box. The kick panel also has a custom made rectangular diffuser just above floor level for my heater, and works incredible. The "X" on drivers box will be backlit with red LED's in the next few weeks. I will post pics of that once the LED's go in.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X