No announcement yet.

Subwoofer Installs...Let's see them!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a box made for my 197. It is in kind of an L shape. Works out pretty good. It holds a 10" sub. I can get dimensions for any one that wants them.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Prostar19; 03-15-2006, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prostar19
      I had a box made for my 197. It is in kind of an L shape. Works out pretty good. It holds a 10" sub. I can get dimensions for any one that wants them.
      Yes, if you have dimensions for one that would work behind the kick panel on the driver's side, I'd like them.
      Originally posted by TX.X-30 fan
      Say yes to cheap beer---- no to ethanol.

Comment

here you go.
        Attached Files

Comment

and where is this placed at in your 197

Comment

Are these dimensions for a SEALED enclosure that would work with say a Clarion 10" Sub? You think it could be built right on the back of the factory kick panel in front of the driver?
            MY PHOTO ALBUMS
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ric View Post
              what would have been a great subwoofer install pic is one of Ric... contorting to get a 10" sub enclosure mounted in the very very tip of the bow of a 190!
              That is inching up there to screw in the strap type mounts from the sub box to the rubrail on each side... Crawling between the MTS ballast tank and the bulkhead wall uuuuughghhhhgh... Now that would've been a pic!
              Been there, done that. What was a bigger pain was setting the crossover on the amp when the controls were toward the nose and behind the sub.
              Attached Files
              Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.

Comment

Is that a Pyle sub?
                Brian

Former #2: 2000 ProStar 205

Former #1: 1987 ProStar 190

sigpic

Comment

Heres a few pictures of mine installed behind the firewall going thru the walk -thru.....
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice!!
                    Can you still use the walk-thru door

Comment

Yup it works, all good and really thumps....

Comment

The 197 with a 12" sub. The two channel Clarion amp is attached to the back of the sub enclosure. The two amps on the side wall run the hull speakers (one four channel) and the four Polk Momo's on the tower (the other four channel).

I would add pictures of the X2, but I think, Shawn, that you know what that one looked like under the observer seat. I did add the 10" Memphis behind the drivers seat it the empty hole. All driven by the Alpine PDX 1000.
                        Attached Files

Comment

How did that sub sound under there?

Comment

It's ok. Doesn't back screws out of the boat or anything, but I like to think that on those early pre-dawn mornings... before the sun really comes over the horizon, but you can still see pretty well... when you can hear the frogs jumping, the occasional flip of a fish tail... that when you crank it up a bit the waves radiate away from the boat.

Comment

sorry for the double post. i'm sure you've all seen this, but i just went to make sure it was all working right in the garage and my wife quickly confirmed. anybody know where i can score the carpet?

Image Dynamics IDQv3-D2 at 4ohms, 600W RMS off of Wet Sounds Syn6
                              ¡Viva 205V!
                              2003 X2 MCX

Comment

Originally posted by BriEOD View Post
                                Is that a Pyle sub?
                                Nope. Speaker and box were constructed by a little company in Fort Worth called Toby. Their speakers were better in the 70's when they were a little smaller, but not bad for what it cost me. That little sub in a closed bow firing to the side rounds out my sound nicely and inasmuch as I never see it, I didn't worry with carpet or resin. Just a little water seal. With a baby in the boat, it is more than I can use at this point. It's also as big is going to fit in there without my sacrificing room for gear. And there's no way I'm taking up any real storage with stereo stuff.
                                Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X