No announcement yet.

Subwoofer Installs...Let's see them!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got some from the factory. I would call and they can get you the same color you need. I will be back in Knoxville next weekend Let me see what I can do!

Comment

thanks knox. how's the family? the shooter's full road trip story literally made me laugh out loud last year. i hope things are going well in your new digs and assignment.
      ¡Viva 205V!
      2003 X2 MCX

Comment

Thanks............. I love the job, but hate the town. Good thing I will only be here 3 more years!!!!!

Family is doing great, We are all ready for warm temps and some time on the lake!

Comment

finally got the stereo upgrade done this past weekend - here is the 10" Clarion SVC I got for cheap in the box the kid made up (his first go at a sub box - not a bad job). Works pretty good with the Kicker700.5 and new Clarion M475 deck. Tower speakers are in next year's budget.

Hope to work on second battery install this weekend with switch.
          Attached Files
          2000 X-5

Comment

Originally posted by projectely4 View Post
            here is one in a x-star replacing the stock sub and adding a fiberglass enclosure.
            I love this concept! How did you do it? If you had someone do it for you, what did it cost?

Comment

Infinity Basslink 10" powered sub Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9402.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	2284294added to ski locker..

Comment

Since this thread started I changed my downfiring bow filler box to a rear firing. Looks better and, oddly enough, sounds better. 12" Kicker. Box is fully sealed and fills the entire bow walkway.
                Attached Files
                2002 MasterCraft X10
                2004 MasterCraft Prostar 205v 'Wakeboard Edition'
                2018 MasterCraft XT20 50th Anny

Comment

Have any of you guys done an enclosure on the stock sub? If so, do you know the dimensions of storage area (my sub fires directly at the back of the drivers seat in my X30)? I am thniking about making a dual sub/single enclosure there. The stock sub firing at the drivers seat, and another firing down into the hull. Has anyone tried this? Do you think it would work/improve sound? (base this off of enclosing the stock sub). Thanks! Getting ready for the winter's project

Comment

Check out this install in an X-45. Wow!! Bet it booms!
                    http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1264794495
                    Attached Files
                    Brian

Former #2: 2000 ProStar 205

Former #1: 1987 ProStar 190

sigpic

Comment

Very cool setup there. The one at the top of that page used pressboard for the enclosure??

Originally posted by bturner2
                      Myself I'll live on the edge and surf without a helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by TX.X-30 fan View Post
                        Very cool setup there. The one at the top of that page used pressboard for the enclosure??
                        That's a question I had for you guys building enclosures....are most of your using a fiberglass box or using traditional wood/carpet boxes?

Comment

The best idea I've seen is to use MDF and have it sprayed with Line-X (truck bedliner).
                          Brian

Former #2: 2000 ProStar 205

Former #1: 1987 ProStar 190

sigpic

Comment

If I were building one I'd use Azak. (PVC wood) And cover it with carpet. I like the Rhino liner idea though. The sub in my old 197 was just in a standard sub enclosure meant for a car. It absorbed so much moisture that it swelled and got stuck/ wedged under the observer's seat. I had to cut it out with a sawzall.
                            Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Post Up Some Sub Ideas for V drives, besides under steering wheel... in the old PS190 two 8's rocked it, but you couldnt really hear the base, if you where on the Teak... but sitting in the driver or passenger it rocked...
                              So wanting good thump all around... But not looking to win a Bass contest.. Just for it to hit nice.

Comment

Here is my sub install in my 2001 Maristar 230. I got a lot of great input from folks on this forum to spec out the install including Brucemac, prostar205, mpabreo, and others. I would have done it a little differently and have the sub box sprayed with truck bed liner. You can actually buy it and spray it yourself. I decided to put Ice damn over my MDF box and then heat it up with a 500W halogen flood light to adhere it to the box. Tip to others out there, don't leave the light on it too long before presss fitting, or hold off on the beers until this part of the job is done, check out the fingerprints on the melted ice damn. DAMN... This year I'm replacing the amp with the some new JL HD series and adding tower speakers. This SUB rocks!!! I think the little orb in the last pictuers was finishing all of my beers the night I did the install.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by fentong; 02-23-2010, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X