• Swaggywaggy
    replied
    . I put this 12” kicker L7 in my 09 XStar and added a amp it sounds awsome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• JLMax16
    replied
    Back from the dead!

Can I cut this? '01 X9. Trying to get my 12W7 out from behind the spotter seat and into the open. The other model X's (newer and older) don't have this molded kick panel. It doesn't seem like it does anything structural, strictly a kick panel, the spotter seat storage area doesn't have this, so it's not symmetrical). Behind this panel, on the left side, is a conduit that runs from the mid ship engine compartment and has my heater tubes running through it.

Has anyone done a sub install with this as an obstacle?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• JRW160
    replied
    Solo baric L7 15 in a 1.6 cubic foot box

Leave a comment:

• geshields
    replied
    Here is a pic of my subwoofer install. Wetsounds XS-XXXv2 powered by a JL HD750/1.

They did a fantastic job on this install. Sub hits hard in the ported box!

Leave a comment:

• clrussell
    replied
    Saving for later... Thanks to everyone for the ideas

Leave a comment:

• Traxx822
    replied
    [QUOTE=EarmarkMarine;960659]
    Originally posted by Traxx822 View Post
    They are not Earmark to my knowledge. I believe there is a devider in between.

Given the close proximity of the woofer and coaxial, one of the two must be totally enclosed.
    If both are infinite baffle then the 10" sub requires 2.25 + cu.ft. and the 7.7" coaxial needs about 1.0 + cu.ft. Again, only one of the two IB speakers needs to be enclosed.
    Here is a test to conduct.
    Disconnect the 7.7" next to the sub. Turn on the system with some material having strong bass and turn up the volume. If the unhooked 7.7" is moving and acting like a sympathetic radiator then it is being modulated by the sub....which should not be the case.
    Why is this bad? Because via the HP and LP active crossovers they shouldn't play the same info. Because the modulation of the coaxial by the sub constitutes distortion that muddies up both the midbass and the midrange. Because the modulated coaxial midbass cone is moving out of phase with the output of the subwoofer creating cancellations.

David
    That's interesting information. I never thought of it. Glad I think I lucked out because the 7.7 cockpit is not IB. The sub is. The M7.7 coax is pretty enclosed by the partition wall the amps are mounted to. I'd be lucky if it's 1.0 cu ft but I'd say I'm close enough.

The sub bass sounds great. I think I should be getting more out of my 7.7's because the cones hardly move. Even when cranked and large bass. I think I have my amps set up wrong.

That's another issue I'm posting up soon.

I think I lucked out on what you are talking about. Good think it's forward from the partition.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• EarmarkMarine
    replied
    [QUOTE=Traxx822;960615]They are not Earmark to my knowledge. I believe there is a devider in between.

Given the close proximity of the woofer and coaxial, one of the two must be totally enclosed.
    If both are infinite baffle then the 10" sub requires 2.25 + cu.ft. and the 7.7" coaxial needs about 1.0 + cu.ft. Again, only one of the two IB speakers needs to be enclosed.
    Here is a test to conduct.
    Disconnect the 7.7" next to the sub. Turn on the system with some material having strong bass and turn up the volume. If the unhooked 7.7" is moving and acting like a sympathetic radiator then it is being modulated by the sub....which should not be the case.
    Why is this bad? Because via the HP and LP active crossovers they shouldn't play the same info. Because the modulation of the coaxial by the sub constitutes distortion that muddies up both the midbass and the midrange. Because the modulated coaxial midbass cone is moving out of phase with the output of the subwoofer creating cancellations.

David

Leave a comment:

• Traxx822
    replied
    http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=29467

Leave a comment:

• Traxx822
    replied
    They are not Earmark to my knowledge. I believe there is a devider in between.

Leave a comment:

• EarmarkMarine
    replied
    Hopefully the subwoofer and coaxial are not sharing the same air space.

David

Leave a comment:

• Traxx822
    replied
    Originally posted by Dweibel View Post
    any opinions as to cutting a hole for a new sub, or putting an enclosed box under the seats behind the amps?
    I cut a hole.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Dweibel
    replied
    any opinions as to cutting a hole for a new sub, or putting an enclosed box under the seats behind the amps?
    Last edited by Dweibel; 07-25-2013, 09:56 AM. Reason: whps

Leave a comment:

Working...
X