Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Wiring Advice

Happy summer everyone.

I have a few new components I picked up at the end of last season and am just getting around to installing them. I was hoping to provide the hardware list currently owned and get all your opinions on the best way to wire everything.

Here it goes...
    - Head Unit: Clarion CMD6
    - Amp #1: JL Audio M600/6
    - Amp #2: JL Audio M2150
    - Cockpit Speakers: JL Audio 7.7" (Qty 4), JL Audio 12: Subwoofer
    - Tower Speakers: JL Audio 7.7" (Qty 4)

I hope this is enough information. On a side note, I am also researching adding a second battery.

Thank you in advance

Josh
    What are you gonna do with a pontoon boat, re-take Omaha Beach?

If you include the amp and speaker specs it would be easier to make recommendations

Comment

M600/6 - 6-Channel Class D Marine Full-Range Amplifier, 100 W x 6 @ 2 Ω / 75 W x 6 @ 4 Ω - 14.4V
      M2150 - 2-channel marine amplifier. 70 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (110 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms). 220 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
      Speakers - M-Series 7.7-inch Marine Cockpit Coaxial System for Infinite-Baffle Use (100 W, 4 Ω)

Links
      M600/6: http://www.jlaudio.com/m600-6-marine...plifiers-98272
      M2150: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-9uJTuL...ies-M2150.html
      Speakers: http://www.jlaudio.com/m770-ccx-sg-w...-systems-91753

Is this what you need?
      What are you gonna do with a pontoon boat, re-take Omaha Beach?

Comment

You'll be grossly under powering the tower speakers with the 2150
        Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
        Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
        2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
        For Sale:
        2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by HOT-4-TEACHER View Post
          Happy summer everyone.

I have a few new components I picked up at the end of last season and am just getting around to installing them. I was hoping to provide the hardware list currently owned and get all your opinions on the best way to wire everything.

Here it goes...
          - Head Unit: Clarion CMD6
          - Amp #1: JL Audio M600/6
          - Amp #2: JL Audio M2150
          - Cockpit Speakers: JL Audio 7.7" (Qty 4), JL Audio 12: Subwoofer
          - Tower Speakers: JL Audio 7.7" (Qty 4)

I hope this is enough information. On a side note, I am also researching adding a second battery.

Thank you in advance

Josh
          You have a lot of speakers and not many amp channels. I'd say powering a 12" sub is your biggest challenge and without a dedicated sub amp, you're left with bridging two channels on one of your amps. the M2150 is tempting but even bridged, you're probably missing the mark. Seeing as you have all JL gear, I would drop their support department an email and get their suggestions.

If you only have one battery now, you absolutely need to add a second battery, most likely a deep cycle sealed model. There is no shortage of opinions on that topic which has been the subject of numerous threads.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
          X