Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Klipsch look at creating a horn driven speaker similar to Wetsounds/Exile in the future?

I get that the sounds I great in the boat, but the tower speakers were made to project back to riders at 70-75ft. Any thoughts on this?

I feel as if this would be a game changer for MC and Klipsch, as this is the main reason people switch to other tower speakers.

Comment

i thought the larger pods with 2 drivers had a horn in the middle?

Is it jsut a tweeter in there?

Comment

Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
        Will Klipsch look at creating a horn driven speaker similar to Wetsounds/Exile in the future?

I get that the sounds I great in the boat, but the tower speakers were made to project back to riders at 70-75ft. Any thoughts on this?

I feel as if this would be a game changer for MC and Klipsch, as this is the main reason people switch to other tower speakers.
        All of the Klipsch speakers in the MasterCraft system use horn tweeters. Our 7” & 8.5” coaxials use horn tweeters (used for cabin speakers, as well as all cans). We also have the dual pods that come with two 7” woofers plus a 5”x5” True Tractrix horn (sold in pairs, so the tower would have four 7” and two of the True Tractrix horns). You can see the dual pods in this post.

The tower speakers are more than capable of projecting the music out to the rider. As a matter of fact, a part of the system tuning process included tuning the towers to hit the “sweet-spot” for the various activities of the rider. These sweet-spots were established with the MasterCraft team to set the varying distances that the rider will be at for different on-the-water activities such as skiing, wake boarding, wake surfing, etc. The DSP profile will adjust the tuning so the sweet-spot moves to match the activity chosen on the touch screen dash panel.

Comment

Originally posted by agarabaghi View Post
          i thought the larger pods with 2 drivers had a horn in the middle?

Is it jsut a tweeter in there?
          Correct. That is a 5"x5" True Tractrix horn in each pod.

Comment

Originally posted by SS LS1 View Post
            I'm guessing you have some Thermotron Industries test chambers and shaker (vibration) systems there?
            Yep, we currently have two Thermotron environmental chambers in the lab.

Comment

I'm just here to see if you'd like to send me a pair of the Forte iii SE's

I sold an old pair of KG4's I had, and have regretted it ever since.
              -Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Klipsch View Post
                Yep, we currently have two Thermotron environmental chambers in the lab.
                Nice to hear as I have worked there for over 21 yrs as an engineer. I figured as much as we have sold a lot of chambers to Elkhart In, especially CTS Corp. who has worked with Bose, Polk Audio, EV, Cerwin Vega, Peavey, Infiniti, Delco Electronics and many more. If you don't have one you may consider an AST (Accelerated Stress Testing) chamber with super fast temp change rates using LN2 and up 200g's of impact force from the vibration table. Really speeds up the time it takes to expose potential product failure points.

Glad you are here to help clear the mystery of the 2018 MC and Klipsch audio marriage.
                XT20 5500 GDI Black Mica/Black Topdeck/ Black interior
                SOLD - 2013 X2 Pro Pkg, Gen2 Surf
                SOLD - 1998 30th Anniversary ProStar 190
                SOLD - 1985 Stars and Stripes

sigpic

Comment

What size are the subs in the xstar? Power to them?

Comment

Originally posted by LeeG23 View Post
                    What size are the subs in the xstar? Power to them?
                    All subs are 10.75". The XStar has a Premium system as its standard audio package, meaning it has two subs, powered by the KMC1PA amp (650 Watts RMS).

Comment

What if you want to add sirius radio. Is there a module available or do you go in the aux.

Comment

The available source modes on either the Advanced or Premium system are Radio, Bluetooth and USB. To listen to SiriusXM, you can use the SiriusXM internet app on your smartphone to stream via Bluetooth or you could add a portable SiriusXM PnP unit with a FM modulator so you could tune it in on an empty FM station.

Comment

FM modulator on a 100k dollar boat.... no chance
                          Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                          Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                          For Sale:
                          2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Are tower speaker pods cast aluminum or billet?

Comment

Last edited by MC197indy; 02-17-2018, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                                FM modulator on a 100k dollar boat.... no chance
                                +1

our current deck has the xm hook up , maybe we can get that in gen2? I boat at locations that don't offer cell service

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X