This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phins2rt View Post
    Should be a software update your dealer can do.
    Dealer tells me that we need to replace the head unit. The head unit I have does not have zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grizza View Post
      Dealer tells me that we need to replace the head unit. The head unit I have does not have zone.
      Do you have the advanced package?

Comment

• Weird thing happened this weekend on my NXT with Advanced Audio. I was playing my Android phone through Bluetooth. Once we anchored and shut off the engine, no sound from the speakers. The Head unit showed that the music was playing but no sound. Checked all of the settings, tried a different Android phone via Bluetooth and then tried an iPhone via USB...nothing. Turned the batteries off and on, still nothing. Started the engine and everything worked like it should. Sound was working again.

Let the engine run for a bit and then turned it off. Right away the sound disappeared again but the head unit still showed the song playing just no sound from the speakers.

Pulled anchor and returned to our dock and the sound came back on again after starting the engine.

I only have 25 hours on the boat and this is the first time anything like this has happened. Thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grizza View Post
          As long as you have a 2018 w/Advanced Audio Package, zone control can be added with new software, DSP profile and Y cable.

If you have a base stereo (Klipsch head unit with 4 cabin speakers only - no DSP/amp(s)/subwoofer/tower), you will need to have the system upgraded to Advanced Audio, at which point your current radio can have the zone control software updates.

Just to be clear, the zone control and non-zone control Klipsch head units are the same, only the software is different. So, you would never need to replace the radio as it can be upgraded. If your dealer has any questions, have them contact their rep at MasterCraft and they will walk them through the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by phins2rt View Post
            Weird thing happened this weekend on my NXT with Advanced Audio. I was playing my Android phone through Bluetooth. Once we anchored and shut off the engine, no sound from the speakers. The Head unit showed that the music was playing but no sound. Checked all of the settings, tried a different Android phone via Bluetooth and then tried an iPhone via USB...nothing. Turned the batteries off and on, still nothing. Started the engine and everything worked like it should. Sound was working again.

Let the engine run for a bit and then turned it off. Right away the sound disappeared again but the head unit still showed the song playing just no sound from the speakers.

Pulled anchor and returned to our dock and the sound came back on again after starting the engine.

I only have 25 hours on the boat and this is the first time anything like this has happened. Thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.
            What model were the Android phones you were using? Also, what is the Android software version?

Same question for the iPhone - which model and what iOS version?

Comment

• Originally posted by Klipsch View Post
              What make & model phone are you guys using and what software version does the phone have? Any further issues since you first observed it?

Thanks for the software release update. I will try it out on my 18 and provide feedback. I’m sure it will be great. I’ve been pleased with the clarity of the stereo so far just wish there is a way to add dash speakers to the advanced package.

Phone is iPhone 8 Plus with 12.4 software. All music is paid from iTunes. No eq sound setting.

Comment

• Thanks!

Comment

What model were the Android phones you were using? Also, what is the Android software version?

Same question for the iPhone - which model and what iOS version?
                  One more thing, the radio had no sound as well. So regardless of input, there was no sound.

The one Android was a Moto G7 with the Pie OS. The Apple is an Xr with IOS 12.3.1.

Both of these phones worked flawlessly before this. The other Android was a friend's so don't have the info on it. Thanks for the help!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wakejunkie View Post
                    Mine is creating an issue from iPhone 8 Plus using downloaded iTunes music. The phone can’t be turned all the way without distortion. I have to turn it down two steps from max to avoid distortion. I haven’t plugged it in with usb to the phone nor the files directly on a usb. I will try that process. What USB ports on a 2018 XT22 connect to the radio? Do all in the boat or just one particular location?
                    Originally posted by Wakejunkie View Post
                    I looked into those settings on the phone and they were off when I noticed the distortion and still off now. I only have usb below the radio near the phone holder, passenger side, glove box, and front bow area. I’m not sure all if any beside driver seat is connected to usb mode on the radio. Any input on the 18 models?
                    Originally posted by Wakejunkie View Post
                    Phone is iPhone 8 Plus with 12.4 software. All music is paid from iTunes. No eq sound setting.
                    When you do experience this distortion with the iPhone volume at max, do you hear it at all system volume levels in all zones?

Have you tried connecting the iPhone via USB and if so, does the distortion also happen the same way?

Comment

When you do experience this distortion with the iPhone volume at max, do you hear it at all system volume levels in all zones?

Have you tried connecting the iPhone via USB and if so, does the distortion also happen the same way?

Yes if the volume is at max or one level down it on the iPhone it will distort in the popping sound at any zone or volume on boat via Bluetooth. If we drop the phone volume down two levels. Then it is perfectly clear at any zone or volume. Weird thing is my iPhone X software 12.4 can be played at max volume with no distortion. However overall volume from boat isn’t as loud as the iPhone 8 Plus. Again all music purchased from iTunes on both phones and no equalizer setting.

I have not tried usb connection and volume settings to try and repeat the popping found on Bluetooth. I will attempt it and provide feedback. Thanks for the support!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wakejunkie View Post
                        Yes if the volume is at max or one level down it on the iPhone it will distort in the popping sound at any zone or volume on boat via Bluetooth. If we drop the phone volume down two levels. Then it is perfectly clear at any zone or volume. Weird thing is my iPhone X software 12.4 can be played at max volume with no distortion. However overall volume from boat isn’t as loud as the iPhone 8 Plus. Again all music purchased from iTunes on both phones and no equalizer setting.

I have not tried usb connection and volume settings to try and repeat the popping found on Bluetooth. I will attempt it and provide feedback. Thanks for the support!
                        If you can, after you try the USB connection method, update your iPhone to 12.4.1. One of our senior Engineers has observed some Bluetooth connectivity issues with his car and home devices that were introduced just before 12.4 but has since stopped with 12.4.1.

After update to 12.4.1, re-test both Bluetooth and USB modes and see if there's any change.

Comment

• For those who've had the audio stop playing but the head unit continue to operate, the most likely cause of this is low-voltage to the batteries running the amps. The amp(s) will stop operation when the battery gets too low. The next time you experience this, check the LED status lights on the amp(s).

Cycling the battery off/on will reinitialize the amps and if the operating voltage is sufficient, they will resume normal operation.

On earlier versions of the amps, the status light for low-voltage would show a blinking BLUE LED. This would occur at less than 10.8VDC.

On later version of the amps, the status light for low-voltage would show a RED/BLUE alternating pattern. This would occur at less than 10.2VDC.

Let me know if you have this occur again and whether the amps were showing the low-voltage indicator lights.

Comment

For those who've had the audio stop playing but the head unit continue to operate, the most likely cause of this is low-voltage to the batteries running the amps. The amp(s) will stop operation when the battery gets too low. The next time you experience this, check the LED status lights on the amp(s).

Cycling the battery off/on will reinitialize the amps and if the operating voltage is sufficient, they will resume normal operation.

On earlier versions of the amps, the status light for low-voltage would show a blinking BLUE LED. This would occur at less than 10.8VDC.

On later version of the amps, the status light for low-voltage would show a RED/BLUE alternating pattern. This would occur at less than 10.2VDC.

Let me know if you have this occur again and whether the amps were showing the low-voltage indicator lights.
                            Thanks for this! Much appreciated.

Comment

• Klipsch and WetSounds A-link

I have a WetSounds A-Link that I used all the time in my ProStar 209. A group of 3 friends and I would sync our music when staked off together. The sound of 4 boats playing in sync is awesome. I recently upgraded to a 2019 XT21 with the Klipsch system. Am I going to be able to use the A-Link with the Klipsch system? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by BearcatCraig99 View Post
                                I have a WetSounds A-Link that I used all the time in my ProStar 209. A group of 3 friends and I would sync our music when staked off together. The sound of 4 boats playing in sync is awesome. I recently upgraded to a 2019 XT21 with the Klipsch system. Am I going to be able to use the A-Link with the Klipsch system? Thanks!
                                Nope.
                                Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                                Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                                2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                                For Sale:
                                2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Working...
                                X