2018 NXT 22 Stereo Dual Volume Control for Klipsch Tower Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 NXT 22 Stereo Dual Volume Control for Klipsch Tower Speakers

We just did our water test of our 2018 NXT 22 over the weekend, and it seems like the Klipsch audio system is similar to the 2018 Fusion/ JL system in these boats in that there are no zone controls. I don't need 4 zones like the more advanced X Series systems, just a separate volume control for the tower speakers.

Does anyone know which remote line control knob will work with the Klipsch system? In the thread below it appears this knob works fine for the 2015 to 2017 NXT systems, but I'm not sure about compatibility now that everything is Klipsch. For reference, ours has the advanced audio package with four black S70 cans. Will the JL Audio HD-RLC controller work with this system?

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...t=80286&page=2

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-aaNRBK...g&awug=9013085

Bump. Any ideas on how I can add zone control for tower speaker versus boat speaker volume on the 2018 NXT Klipsch audio system?

Comment

Curious minds want to know.
      Last edited by SteveO; 03-26-2018, 07:39 PM.
      2017 NXT22, 2015 NXT20, 2007 X2, 2002 209

Comment

Probably not possible
        Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
        Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
        2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
        For Sale:
        2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Well, the JL line level you linked, would certainly not work with the klipsch or any other brand amps.

Since the Murphy ICE uses a traditional low level pre-amp output prior to the klipsch DSP module, it may be possible to use a more traditional universal RCA line level POT.

Comment

Originally posted by bbenj10 View Post
            Bump. Any ideas on how I can add zone control for tower speaker versus boat speaker volume on the 2018 NXT Klipsch audio system?
            Have you asked that here??

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=82732

Comment

Hi bbenj10,

The items referenced here will not work with the Klipsch system. Currently, zone control functionality is only available with the premium audio package (dual touch screen). It is not possible to add any aftermarket components to the advanced audio package to create independent zone control.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

Uhmmmm, EPIC fail IMO. Clearly the Klipsch team designed these in a lab, not on the water or for use in the real world. The ability to turn the tower speakers up/down or off is a function I use almost EVERY time I go out. If I want to jam coming out of the marina, the whole world really doesn't want to hear my music.
                Last edited by SteveO; 04-05-2018, 06:20 PM.
                2017 NXT22, 2015 NXT20, 2007 X2, 2002 209

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                  Uhmmmm, EPIC fail IMO. Clearly the Klipsch team designed these in a lab, not on the water on for use in the real world. The ability to turn the tower speakers up/down or off is a function I use almost EVERY time I go out. If I want to jam coming out of the marina, the whole world really doesn't want to hear my music.
                  I prefer for the entire lake to hear my music. Lol.

Zone control is definitely something that needs to be revised.
                  Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                  2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                  For Sale:

Comment

Originally posted by Klipsch View Post
                    Hi bbenj10,

The items referenced here will not work with the Klipsch system. Currently, zone control functionality is only available with the premium audio package (dual touch screen). It is not possible to add any aftermarket components to the advanced audio package to create independent zone control.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
                    Might want to find a solution on that, is there zone for bow and cabin?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by hyman989; 04-05-2018, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Sounds like the "fix" or resolution, is the Premium option. Is that not available on the NXT?

Comment

Originally posted by MLA View Post
                        Sounds like the "fix" or resolution, is the Premium option. Is that not available on the NXT?
                        Nope. If I was buying an NXT, it would have a stereo delete and I’d source my own equipment
                        Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                        2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                        For Sale:

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                          Nope. If I was buying an NXT, it would have a stereo delete and I’d source my own equipment
                          Nope, as in the premium option that the Klipsch rep suggested in order to get the zone control, is not available on the NXT boats?

Comment

Originally posted by MLA View Post
                            Nope, as in the premium option that the Klipsch rep suggested in order to get the zone control, is not available on the NXT boats?
                            Correct not available
                            Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                            For Sale:

Comment

How does something like this get overlooked? It worked great in the JL system on previous year models. Couldn't have been a hard feature to add! Hopefully they'll figure something out and make it available via update.

Comment

Working...
                              X