2016 Mastercraft X-30 adding tower speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Mastercraft X-30 adding tower speakers

I have a 2016 x-30 with the JL speakers with 2 subs and 2 amps fusion stereo and big touch screen. I am wondering what is involved with adding 2 more tower speakers with the 2 existing ones on there. It already has 2 receptacles and im wondering if I have to add another amp or if they can be hooked in to my pre-existing amp.

No they can’t be used in your current amp, but the wiring is already there. I would add another amp.
    Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
    Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
    For Sale:
    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
      No they can’t be used in your current amp, but the wiring is already there. I would add another amp.
      Any suggestions on amps or should I go with the same as factory

Comment

You likely can add the new towers to your existing amps, but ideally you would add/upgrade an amp. Do you know what amps you have now?

Comment

Originally posted by TarheelMC View Post
          You likely can add the new towers to your existing amps, but ideally you would add/upgrade an amp. Do you know what amps you have now?
          Should be a 800/8 and a 250 or 200/2

A wetsounds Syn2 powers four 7.7s great.
          Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
          For Sale:

Comment

If there is a 200/2 present for the towers, which is what we've seen before, then technically, yes, you can wire a 2nd pair of tower speakers to that amp. However, Its super under powered for the 7.7 tower pods.

I do like the Syn-DX2 as an option though.

Comment

Im not sure the model and wattage of the amps I know theyre JLs and its a 2ch powering the speakers. Would it be better to add a higher wattage 4ch amp for 4 tower speakers or just add another of the same 2ch?

Comment

If you have a M200/2, your easiest option would be to replace it with a new amp IMO. You can likey utilize the same wiring for a new amp.

My setup was a 4 boat speakers, 2 towers, and 1 sub. The amps were a M700/5 and a M200/2. Both the amps used the same size power from the factory. I added a set of towers and an additional sub, and replaced the M200/2 with a M700/5. It was a super easy install considering I didnt have to run additional power wire, plus there was limited space on the amp rack panel which would have required a lot more work if I was adding another amp.

Comment

Should be a 800/8 and a 250 or 200/2

A wetsounds Syn2 powers four 7.7s great.
                  Do you have any pics of your wetsound tower speakers? what enclosures are you using on them? found a really good deal on some wet sound rev8s that would be cheaper to buy 4 of them than 2 more JL 7.7s

Comment

Originally posted by Rilo10 View Post
                    Do you have any pics of your wetsound tower speakers? what enclosures are you using on them? found a really good deal on some wet sound rev8s that would be cheaper to buy 4 of them than 2 more JL 7.7s
                    I have 4 rev 10s. No modifications needed to the wetsounds enclosures.
                    Attached Files
                    Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                    For Sale:

Comment

I have 4 rev 10s. No modifications needed to the wetsounds enclosures.
                      I have this same boat but it doesnt have the folding tower. Are the 4 rev10s pretty loud? Can you hear them well wakeboarding?

Comment

I have this same boat but it doesnt have the folding tower. Are the 4 rev10s pretty loud? Can you hear them well wakeboarding?
                        They’re loud enough for the entire lake to listen to what I’m listening too. They will legit hurt your ears at 70ft behind the boat.
                        Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                        2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                        For Sale:

Comment

They’re loud enough for the entire lake to listen to what I’m listening too. They will legit hurt your ears at 70ft behind the boat.
                          Lol what kind of amp do you have powering them?

Comment

Lol what kind of amp do you have powering them?
                            Wetsounds SD2
                            Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                            For Sale:

Comment

Wetsounds SD2
                              Awesome I'm going to look into them I was torn between getting a set of underwater lights or upgrading my speakers and I've decided im not out at night enough for that to be an option lol. After a quick search i actually found a set of adapters that allows the rev10s to hook into the existing receptacles on the tower. I really like how the JLs look but they just arent very loud. I wonder if the spacing on the pre-existing spots are far enough apart for 10s

Comment

Working...
                              X