18+ Klipsch Stereo mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eecyclone View Post
    Are you saying the Klipsch amp does more processing of the signal? I had assumed that all of the processing of the signal was performed in the standalone DSP and that the Klipsch amps were "dumb" amps. If the Klipsch amps have DSP capabilities, they would need to be taken apart to be updated as there aren't any accessible communication ports on the outside.
    I was under the impression that the amps are DSP and laptop tuned. So well beyond the simple gain and cross-over settings on a traditional amp.

Now, that does not mean an aftermarket amp wont work. The system seems played up to be more active then passive. Active as in between the Bonjovi controller and amps.

In RE to the polk amp question. My point was that just because the polk label falls under ASA as Klipsch does, it has no better or worse chance or working, as any other amp.

Comment

Here's some mods one. Company did. Looks like they ripped everything out and started fresh with all new speakers.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BklbrGBn...d=bprjw00vh6gn

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hyman989 View Post
        Here's some mods one. Company did. Looks like they ripped everything out and started fresh with all new speakers.

That is an amazing set up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So..... they allegedly did this and retained full touchscreen control, and zone control.

Only thing I can guess, is that they kept the DSP, and specifically used the JL VX series amps because they have a broad range for acceptable analog input signal.

Would be nice to get the specific details from hydrotunes....

Comment

Originally posted by DMA View Post
            I seen this coming last year when they announced this partnership. An thought it was a horrible idea as we like to make these boat hammer.

So i jump at the chance early this spring to dive into this dsp BS. My custom had lots of question for me and the online community and soon we got a call from the factory saying the warranty would be void if we messed with the stereo. They never clarified if it would cause the screen to be part of that warranty void.

Only way I see to build any kind of decent audio system is to use a mosconi dsp or like dsp. The 6pin mini connector is common part. So no need to cut anything. Each zone is individually tuned so it might not sound that great even after the 2nd dsp. But you'll retain screen zone control. So its going to be like doing a modern car integration. Maybe idatalink maestro can help out in the future and make a box to interface these things.
            You had to switch between 3dB and 4dB/segment? That's a lot of EQ.

How old is that RTA? I haven't seen one of those in over 25 years. I use RoomEQ Wizard.

Comment

supposedly there is an update to the 2018 boats that will allow you to use aftermarket amps and retain zone control through the screen. My dealer is also saying that with this update you will now have full control of the zones through the transom remote as well. Anybody else hearing anything like this?

Comment

Originally posted by FourFourty View Post
                So..... they allegedly did this and retained full touchscreen control, and zone control.

Only thing I can guess, is that they kept the DSP, and specifically used the JL VX series amps because they have a broad range for acceptable analog input signal.

In my experience, unless you’re buying from them, they don’t care.
                Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                For Sale:
                2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by MLA View Post
                  I was under the impression that the amps are DSP and laptop tuned. So well beyond the simple gain and cross-over settings on a traditional amp.

Now, that does not mean an aftermarket amp wont work. The system seems played up to be more active then passive. Active as in between the Bonjovi controller and amps.

In RE to the polk amp question. My point was that just because the polk label falls under ASA as Klipsch does, it has no better or worse chance or working, as any other amp.
                  Why would they process the sound in the amps AND the DSP? That usually leads to all kinds of problems. Maybe they have a mini-USB port inside.

Comment

Give them a call maybe they share their knowledge?

Comment

Give them a call maybe they share their knowledge?

Nope, I assumed so myself lol
                      Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                      For Sale:

Comment

Hey guys, hope all has been well with your new 18s!

Please enjoy the album and short video of a 2018 50th we finished last month. I will publish a full video towards the end of the summer. 2018 MC Xstar 50th Anniversary

Ill post pics of the Klipsch upgrade we did in our demo boat as well. Sneak peak picture with the SeaDek finished: 2018 MC X23 Hydrotunes Demo Boat
                        Since 2006, Austin & New Braunfels, TX

2013 X30 - Wet Sounds for audio, Crestron for control by iPad in dash, iPhone for remote, iPhone/Droid phone/tablet for Wi-Fi hand-held control, 2013/14 demo - sold 2015
                        2018 X23 - R & D almost complete, OEM Klipsch upgrade in testing phase - always for sale
                        2018 Xstar 50th NLS-NJ Edition 1 of 1

http://hydrotunes.net/marineaudio/contact/
                        https://www.facebook.com/hydrotunes/
                        https://www.instagram.com/hydrotunes/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by btriantos View Post
                          That is an amazing set up!

Thank you very much for the compliment!
                          Since 2006, Austin & New Braunfels, TX

2013 X30 - Wet Sounds for audio, Crestron for control by iPad in dash, iPhone for remote, iPhone/Droid phone/tablet for Wi-Fi hand-held control, 2013/14 demo - sold 2015
                          2018 X23 - R & D almost complete, OEM Klipsch upgrade in testing phase - always for sale
                          2018 Xstar 50th NLS-NJ Edition 1 of 1

http://hydrotunes.net/marineaudio/contact/
                          https://www.facebook.com/hydrotunes/
                          https://www.instagram.com/hydrotunes/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hydrotunes View Post
                            Hey guys, hope all has been well with your new 18s!

Please enjoy the album and short video of a 2018 50th we finished last month. I will publish a full video towards the end of the summer. 2018 MC Xstar 50th Anniversary

Ill post pics of the Klipsch upgrade we did in our demo boat as well. Sneak peak picture with the SeaDek finished: 2018 MC X23 Hydrotunes Demo Boat
                            Is there any way that you can share any kind of info for those of us who are too far away to use your services?

We could really use your help here........

If there is a setup that we can use to improve the factory system, and retain full touchscreen control, there would be quite a lot of us that would be very thankful for your help......

Comment

I now have aftermarket JL amps for my Rev 10 tower speakers working really well. I still need to find an ignition controlled wire for the remote circuit though. I didn’t want to use the one out of the dsp for fear of overloading the circuit. I also re-powered the factory Klipsch subs with a JL HD750/1 I had laying around to hear how they sounded with more power. My initial impression was louder and more full.

'18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
                              (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
                              '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
                              www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

Is there any way that you can share any kind of info for those of us who are too far away to use your services?

We could really use your help here........

If there is a setup that we can use to improve the factory system, and retain full touchscreen control, there would be quite a lot of us that would be very thankful for your help......
                                Told you lol
                                Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                                2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                                For Sale:

Comment

Working...
                                X