18+ Klipsch Stereo mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tahoeblue View Post
    I'm ripping my whole system out of my X22 this winter and going with JL 880's on the tower, leaving the klipsch speakers and subs inside alone for now, and replacing the amps with Audio Control 6.1200, 4.800 and a 800.1 amps. I'll be posting my end project for everyone to take a look at when I'm done in the spring. For those of you that already have a TWK 88 have you had any problems attaching the 12V constant after the solenoid so it completely loses power every time I'm done for the day? And is there any reason I can't tie the L/R channels together on the tower and sub outputs of the mini 6 pin coming out of the BONJOVI DSP to make mono channels going into the TWK 88?
    I have the Twk88 in my 21 x24. I ran the +12v and ground directly to the distro blocks I installed for my amps. I'd grab your +12v and ground at the amp terminals to eliminate any ground loop issues. Yes you can combine L/R signals on the outputs from the DSP. They are actually mono signals anyways. Only the dash zone is a stereo signal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taco47001 View Post
      I'm guessing the 1200.6 is for the interior speakers? Seems like a lot of money to only gain a few watts... Not sure there will be much audible difference in 25w per speaker additional.... that's assuming you're planning on a 4 ohm load. If 2 ohm, you're gaining nothing. What is it about the Klipsch amp you don't like?
      Yeah, it will be for the interior speakers since I have the Premium not the Premium plus. I will eventually be replacing the klipsch speakers with the new JL M6s to match the towers, but from what I've read the klipsch sound better with more power so I figured I would try that first. I'm also questioning whether the 8ch Klipsch can actually supply 100w RMS. I also wanted to install the TWK 88 anyways because I hate the lack of adjustment and I wanted to install the JL DRC205 remote where the horn button is above the touch screen so I can have a knob with master and tower volume controls (personal preference)

Comment

• Originally posted by cal2vin View Post

I have the Twk88 in my 21 x24. I ran the +12v and ground directly to the distro blocks I installed for my amps. I'd grab your +12v and ground at the amp terminals to eliminate any ground loop issues. Yes you can combine L/R signals on the outputs from the DSP. They are actually mono signals anyways. Only the dash zone is a stereo signal.
        I was mostly wondering if anyone had any memory issues with the TWK 88 installing the 12V constant after the battery isolator instead of having it wired before the isolator. Good feedback on the L/R signals actually being mono, I was just starting the RCA connections

Comment

I was mostly wondering if anyone had any memory issues with the TWK 88 installing the 12V constant after the battery isolator instead of having it wired before the isolator. Good feedback on the L/R signals actually being mono, I was just starting the RCA connections
          Ahh I don’t know the answer to that. I don’t think I ever removed power to it once installed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snipe243 View Post
            I’m adding 2 additional tower speakers to my premium sound system. At this time, the towers are running off the 8 channel amp. What would you recommend doing? Splitting the towers and running both pairs off a separate 4 channel amp or leaving my present pair on the 8 channel amp and powering the second pair on an additional amp?
            It's been awhile since I checked in on this thread but I'd recommend running both pairs of tower speakers on an aftermarket amp. Either the Wetsounds Syn-DX2 or the Jl Audio m800.8.
            '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
            (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
            '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
            www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

You shouldn't have any issues with the TWK 88 losing settings when disconnected from power. I've disconnected batteries and the TWK retained settings.
              '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
              (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
              '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
              www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

• Since the DX2 is a 2 channel amp, would you parallel the 2 pairs thru the single amp?

Comment

• I appreciate reviewing all the posts regarding Klipsch audio... I have a stock 2018+ Premium Audio setup for an XStar with the T85 tower speakers and two stock 11" Klipsch subs.

I realize most folks are forklifting existing equipment and repowering with new amps & @eecyclone's cables, but if one were to remain with Klipsch, do you know if its possible to improve the base and tower speaker power output (i.e. bridging, etc. to the 2 stock & T85's) using any of the following Klipsch equipment, keeping existing zone & touch screen functionality?Thanks!

-Chris

Comment

• Originally posted by jackpine View Post
                    I appreciate reviewing all the posts regarding Klipsch audio... I have a stock 2018+ Premium Audio setup for an XStar with the T85 tower speakers and two stock 11" Klipsch subs.

I realize most folks are forklifting existing equipment and repowering with new amps & @eecyclone's cables, but if one were to remain with Klipsch, do you know if its possible to improve the base and tower speaker power output (i.e. bridging, etc. to the 2 stock & T85's) using any of the following Klipsch equipment, keeping existing zone & touch screen functionality?Thanks!

-Chris
                    Chris- eecyclone helped me do exactly this. I kept all the Klipsch equipment that came with the boat. All I did was add a JL amp, use ee's adapter from the DSP, and send the new power to only my tower speakers. Works exceptionally well and was about an hour and a half project. I retained all touchscreen functionality.

Comment

Working...
                    X