18+ Klipsch Stereo mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Taco47001 View Post

I found this, thinking I can just plug a 3.5mm to RCA adapter in. Haven’t tried it yet but I have the adapter to give it a go. As long as the head unit will recognize the additional source, should be a go.
    Interested in finding out if this works. I haven’t seen the latest stereo interface, but is there a “Line in” option on the audio source?
    2022 XSTARS
    2020 X22
    2019 XT22
    2017 XT20

Comment

• Originally posted by MCOR View Post

Interested in finding out if this works. I haven’t seen the latest stereo interface, but is there a “Line in” option on the audio source?
      Admittedly I haven’t had a chance to fool around with it yet. I’ll report back as soon as I do though.

Comment

• Originally posted by spinks99 View Post
        Thank you EE Cyclone. Can you tell me exactly what harness and adapter to purchase. Flying blind here. The boat is not in yet so I haven't even seen the wiring. To be honest with you I was a little upset to learn how obscure these Klip systems are. I thought I would be able to modify it like any other stereo. The dealership doesn't even really understand the system. Just let me know what I need to order from you. I will probably go with a JL aftermarket amp for the subs. Let me know. Thanks.
        Are you still needing some help? If so, send me an email through my website.
        '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
        (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
        '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
        www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

• Originally posted by MCOR View Post

Originally posted by Taco47001 View Post
          Admittedly I haven’t had a chance to fool around with it yet. I’ll report back as soon as I do though.
          The software has the line-in input disabled.
          (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)

www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

• Originally posted by eecyclone View Post

The software has the line-in input disabled.
            Well, that answers that! Ha.

Comment

• Does anyone have cutout diameters for the various size Klipsch speakers handy? I thought I had it saved but can't find it anymore.

Specifically looking for the 8.5" cockpit and the 11" subwoofer cutout sizes.
              (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)

www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

• I believe sub is 10-3/4” and 8.5” is 7”

Comment

• Originally posted by eecyclone View Post
                  Does anyone have cutout diameters for the various size Klipsch speakers handy? I thought I had it saved but can't find it anymore.

Specifically looking for the 8.5" cockpit and the 11" subwoofer cutout sizes.
                  Just measured 7 1/8" for the 8.5" speakers in my X22 last weekend with a 4.5" mounting depth

Comment

• eecyclone or anyone else with technical knowledge.....

x26 with premium plus audio package. I'd like to add one of the bluave 10" enclosures to the mix. My idea is to remove the factory Klipsch sub amp that powers both factory subs, and replace it with a WS SDX6 which will push 585w x3 @ 4 ohms. Would this be an optimal setup?

Comment

eecyclone or anyone else with technical knowledge.....

x26 with premium plus audio package. I'd like to add one of the bluave 10" enclosures to the mix. My idea is to remove the factory Klipsch sub amp that powers both factory subs, and replace it with a WS SDX6 which will push 585w x3 @ 4 ohms. Would this be an optimal setup?
                      That amount of power to the stock subs really brings them alive. Definitely do that. I put a jl hd1200/1 on the two factory 10s on a 21 x24 and it’s great bass. Where are you thinking about putting the bluave?

Comment

• New DSP software coming for 2023. Louder. Might be retrofittable. You didn't hear it from me..
                        www.nwboatsports.com
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/NW-Bo...27792007306783

Comment

• Originally posted by sand2snow22 View Post
                          New DSP software coming for 2023. Louder. Might be retrofittable. You didn't hear it from me..
                          Still Klipsch?
                          2022 XSTARS
                          2020 X22
                          2019 XT22
                          2017 XT20

Comment

• Originally posted by cal2vin View Post

That amount of power to the stock subs really brings them alive. Definitely do that. I put a jl hd1200/1 on the two factory 10s on a 21 x24 and it’s great bass. Where are you thinking about putting the bluave?
                            Awesome thanks for the input. I think he's thinking under the seat behind the driver seat for the Bluave. We're going to start the install tonight.

Comment

Awesome thanks for the input. I think he's thinking under the seat behind the driver seat for the Bluave. We're going to start the install tonight.
                              Let me know how that goes. I’d be very interested in doing that if you notice a big improvement. You planning to vent it at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by cal2vin View Post

Let me know how that goes. I’d be very interested in doing that if you notice a big improvement. You planning to vent it at all?
                                Based on what we've seen in the compartment and size requirements, he's giving up his garbage can location and with either be turning the flap into a vent or finding a way to just keep the flap open. I'm most excited to see what the extra wattage does to the factory 10's. I upped the wattage to 400w in my boat to the factory 10. This will be 585w.

Comment

Working...
                                X