Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

18+ Klipsch Stereo mods

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hey guys - I bought a JL M/600 to power my two Klipsch subs. I don't have the boat yet. Is this going to be enough power? Reading these posts I'm thinking not?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by MCOR View Post

      Still Klipsch?
      Yes..
      www.nwboatsports.com
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/NW-Bo...27792007306783

      Comment


      • Finally going to tackle re-amping our 2021 X24. Have a JL M1000/1 for 2 subs with JL line control knob and a JL 800/8 for the 4 s85 tower can's. Have the parts from eecyclone to integrate into existing system. Swapping out amps from Klipsch to the JL's with the adapters seems fairly straightforward. How about needing additional power cables, fuse blocks? Going higher quality than factory...Want to have all the necessary equipment before I start tearing it apart..

        Comment


        • Click image for larger version

Name:	8C473CCD-55EE-476E-87A9-D777CFE0CFF4.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	2705893 Looks like 2022 boats use a relay harness to power up screens and DSP instead of a solenoid. I’m repowering the Premium audio package on a XstarS and this is what I found.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	E2051A69-0922-4211-84F3-C74ECB5272CD.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	2705891 Click image for larger version

Name:	DA293C28-3051-4BBF-8D30-0911ECD01DDD.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	2705892
          2022 XSTARS
          2020 X22
          2019 XT22
          2017 XT20

          Comment


          • Originally posted by geshields View Post
            Finally going to tackle re-amping our 2021 X24. Have a JL M1000/1 for 2 subs with JL line control knob and a JL 800/8 for the 4 s85 tower can's. Have the parts from eecyclone to integrate into existing system. Swapping out amps from Klipsch to the JL's with the adapters seems fairly straightforward. How about needing additional power cables, fuse blocks? Going higher quality than factory...Want to have all the necessary equipment before I start tearing it apart..
            You should upgrade the stock fuse block and power/ground wires to the 8 channel Klipsch amp you’re retaining. Eecyclone sells a great amp power kit that has everything you need. Buy three of those or something similar to power the amps.
            2022 XSTARS
            2020 X22
            2019 XT22
            2017 XT20

            Comment


            • Originally posted by spinks99 View Post
              Hey guys - I bought a JL M/600 to power my two Klipsch subs. I don't have the boat yet. Is this going to be enough power? Reading these posts I'm thinking not?
              I have a JL 600 running my two Klipsch 10’s and it’s the perfect pairing. If I’m being honest at full volume(40) the subs are probably slightly overpowered. You’ll be good! Enjoy the new boat!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by spinks99 View Post
                Hey guys - I bought a JL M/600 to power my two Klipsch subs. I don't have the boat yet. Is this going to be enough power? Reading these posts I'm thinking not?
                We just re-powered my buddies X26 with an SDX6 giving 585w to the factory 10's and they sound amazing. They can certainly handle the extra power.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by eecyclone View Post

                  At least on my boat (XT22) the solenoid is energized by the main power switch and the 1/0 cable to the big post of the solenoid goes straight to the battery. I can't figure out why MC installed the solenoid because it draws ~1.4 amps while energized, even if the amps are off, and it will kill the house battery if you forget to turn off the battery switch. I took out my solenoid and haven't had any regrets, and haven't drained the batteries anymore.

                  Apparently some X series boats have the solenoid tied to the key switch, but I haven't seen any personally. I also think the solenoid is underrated because I've heard of them failing and causing some strange gremlins with the DSP and screen.
                  On our install we just completed, we left the solenoid in but upon repowering it all back up, found the solenoid had failed and hence no power to main screens or amps....to salvage our day on the lake yestarday we jerry rigged another battery switch onto the trunk line feeding the amp board. Will likely take solenoid fully out from these responses.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by geshields View Post

                    On our install we just completed, we left the solenoid in but upon repowering it all back up, found the solenoid had failed and hence no power to main screens or amps....to salvage our day on the lake yestarday we jerry rigged another battery switch onto the trunk line feeding the amp board. Will likely take solenoid fully out from these responses.
                    I know we talked about it but if it happens again to you or someone else, you can bypass the solenoid by putting both of the big 1/0 cables on the same stud of the solenoid. Should just need a pair of pliers to bypass it.
                    '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
                    (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
                    '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

                    I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
                    www.chesnuttech.com

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by eecyclone View Post


                      1. Input mode 2 ch
                      2. These settings don’t matter unless you daisy chain another amp or add the remote level knob
                      3. Yes, HP for filter mode. Set HP to 120hz
                      4. Connect RCA’s to inputs 1&2

                      You’ll then use the bridged outputs to connect to the tower speaker wires
                      What setting did you use for the sensitivity level? On the M400?

                      Comment


                      • Hey eecyclone, tried to message you about an order but your inbox is full. Just thought I'd let you know.
                        2013 X-Star - 7.4 Ilmor

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by sdfoiler View Post
                          Hey eecyclone, tried to message you about an order but your inbox is full. Just thought I'd let you know.
                          Thanks for letting me know. I cleared out some messages but it seems like the mailbox here fills up quick.

                          Have I responded to you about your order via other means?
                          '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
                          (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
                          '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

                          I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
                          www.chesnuttech.com

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Gianfranco View Post

                            What setting did you use for the sensitivity level? On the M400?
                            Start with the input sensitivity at the minimum level. Set the volume and zone level to about 80%, then increase the input sensitivity until you start to hear distortion, then back it off a little.

                            A more exact method of setting the input sensitivity can be used if you have access to a multimeter or an oscilloscope. I think JL has a tutorial in their documentation.
                            '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
                            (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
                            '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

                            I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
                            www.chesnuttech.com

                            Comment


                            • Hope okay to post this question here - my '18 XT22 front bow speaker pops and had static - dealer replaced the speaker under warranty, but that did not solve the issue. I upgraded the subs amp before I could take it back to dealer for further repair, so now they won't warranty it since I modified. Regardless, wondering if this is an issue with the amp or something else withing the DSP interface?
                              2018 XT22 - Current
                              1985 SS - Current

                              2016 X2 - Sold
                              2008 X2 - Sold
                              2003 197 TT - Sold
                              1993 205 - Sold

                              Comment


                              • I have some distortion and crackles when iPhone uses Bluetooth connection with volume on phone all the way up. I back it down two clicks and no issues. Not sure if that helps your situation

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X