18+ Klipsch Stereo mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swoardrider View Post
    Do you think the master volume and mute from the cockpit to the DSP is fed through the mini DIN, or fed through the CAN bus?

Volume and mute are controlled by the JDAB bus. The mini DIN is a constant level signal. This can be tested by unplugging the JDAB plus and pressing the volume control or mute.
    '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
    (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
    '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
    www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

Originally posted by eecyclone View Post
      Volume and mute are controlled by the JDAB bus. The mini DIN is a constant level signal. This can be tested by unplugging the JDAB plus and pressing the volume control or mute.
      after every informative post make sure to tell Aric to STFU
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Hoosier Bob
      She always misses me and when I turn her on it is hard to turn her off! She is MC and she completes me! She is the first ride that wants it as much as I do!

Comment

I take it the JDAB bus is sending a digital signal to the DSP for volume/mute?

Comment

Originally posted by swoardrider View Post
          I take it the JDAB bus is sending a digital signal to the DSP for volume/mute?

Yes. It also tells the DSP which “mode” the boat is in- chill/drive/wake/ski/surf as well as adjusting the volume of each zone and the main volume & mute
          (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)

www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

Originally posted by cbryan70 View Post
            after every informative post make sure to tell Aric to STFU
            Haha. I have no clue how the klipsch interface works. Hence why I had to pay some one to do it.
            Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
            Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
            For Sale:
            2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

MC’s decision to partner with Klipsch was a terrible mistake in my opinion. Reading this thread makes my head spin and makes me not want to buy a MasterCraft again unless it’s pre-Klipsch era. You have to be an engineer to understand these new complex systems and god forbid anything goes wrong after the factory warranty expires. It is excessive and ridiculous. Give me old school JL or Wet Sounds!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by imyourmaster View Post
                MC’s decision to partner with Klipsch was a terrible mistake in my opinion. Reading this thread makes my head spin and makes me not want to buy a MasterCraft again unless it’s pre-Klipsch era. You have to be an engineer to understand these new complex systems and god forbid anything goes wrong after the factory warranty expires. It is excessive and ridiculous. Give me old school JL or Wet Sounds!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Eecyclone has got it down. I do all my own stereo work, and this was wayyy over my head. Cost me good $$$$ to have it done correctly.
                Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                For Sale:

Comment

Eecyclone do you know if and how to add the 4 channel klipsch amp to advanced audio package? I would like to add the dash speakers and additional sub to the interior of my boat. Klipsch said it can’t be done. I believe it could be tied into the stock 8 channel I have now.

Comment

Originally posted by Wakejunkie View Post
                    Eecyclone do you know if and how to add the 4 channel klipsch amp to advanced audio package? I would like to add the dash speakers and additional sub to the interior of my boat. Klipsch said it can’t be done. I believe it could be tied into the stock 8 channel I have now.
                    I’m not even sure how you could add the dash speaker on the drivers side without it looking odd, unless the cutout is there?
                    Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                    For Sale:

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                      I’m not even sure how you could add the dash speaker on the drivers side without it looking odd, unless the cutout is there?

Not hard. Just pull dash and remove vinyl. Cut out plastic for speaker and recess in place with vinyl back on. Other option is just cut dash hole and place on top similar to passenger side not frenched in the fiberglass.

Comment

Adding the amp isn’t hard but your DSP won’t have the extra output for the dash zone. All you could really do is add the dash speakers to the cockpit zone.
                        Are you sure you have the stock 8 channel and not a 5 channel? What do you have for factory tower speakers?
                        It makes a difference for adding a second sub to the advanced package.
                        (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)

www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

What about more power to the cabin speakers?
                          Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                          For Sale:

Comment

Adding the amp isn’t hard but your DSP won’t have the extra output for the dash zone. All you could really do is add the dash speakers to the cockpit zone.
                            Are you sure you have the stock 8 channel and not a 5 channel? What do you have for factory tower speakers?
                            It makes a difference for adding a second sub to the advanced package.

I got the advanced audio package which is four 8.5s in the cockpit and bow, 10.5 sub at drivers seat, two S80 on tower. Confirmed it is an 8 channel amp. 6 channel used for interior and tower speakers. 2 channel bridged for sub. I’m thinking the 4 channel amp setup the same way with 2 channel tied to dash speakers either 7s or 8.5s and other 2 channel bridges to sub. I would prefer to tie the dash speakers to cockpit zone and sub to sub but also fine if it’s tied to cockpit zone. Do you think it could be done?

Comment

I got the advanced audio package which is four 8.5s in the cockpit and bow, 10.5 sub at drivers seat, two S80 on tower. Confirmed it is an 8 channel amp. 6 channel used for interior and tower speakers. 2 channel bridged for sub. I’m thinking the 4 channel amp setup the same way with 2 channel tied to dash speakers either 7s or 8.5s and other 2 channel bridges to sub. I would prefer to tie the dash speakers to cockpit zone and sub to sub but also fine if it’s tied to cockpit zone. Do you think it could be done?
                              Rather than add a 4 channel amp you should purchase a Klipsch mono amp. This would allow you to move the existing subwoofer over and add an additional subwoofer and have 650 watts for the subs. Then you would have 2 channels free to add another pair of speakers in the cockpit area. You would just use the "feed-through" connection from the 8 channel amp for these additional speakers.
                              (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)

www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

Rather than add a 4 channel amp you should purchase a Klipsch mono amp. This would allow you to move the existing subwoofer over and add an additional subwoofer and have 650 watts for the subs. Then you would have 2 channels free to add another pair of speakers in the cockpit area. You would just use the "feed-through" connection from the 8 channel amp for these additional speakers.

That’s actually a great idea! I didn’t even think of using that amp. Should be able to splice the cockpit zone control wires for the dash speakers and move the sub wires over to mono amp. I wonder if I can get a wiring schematic for the boat...

Comment

Working...
                                X