X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MasterCraft Ranger
    MC Devotee
    • Mar 2017

I gave up on quickly adjusting the volume and now just mute the music when approaching the rider and unmute it when we’re back up to speed. With 400 songs on the playlist, it’s OK if we miss one…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• eecyclone
      MC Devotee
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Diesel View Post
      Do you not have an MRC on your TWK88? I've found if I run it a middle level it effectively changes the profile of the master volume slider. I can be anywhere under 5 on the master and still talk talk to the rider in the water.

Also at this MRC level, I can just peg the full master volume once the rider is up and it's at the perfect riding volume.
      I haven't run ethernet for the MRC to the helm yet but good to know that will alleviate the volume control issues.

I still wish Klipsch and Mastercraft would fix the programming of slider volume levels. (Not to mention allowing custom DSP profiles so I didn't have to run the TWK88 in the first place)
      '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
      (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
      '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
      www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

• Diesel
        MC Devotee
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by eecyclone View Post
        I still wish Klipsch and Mastercraft would fix the programming of slider volume levels. (Not to mention allowing custom DSP profiles so I didn't have to run the TWK88 in the first place)
        I agree. Or someone would come along with an aftermarket solution that is compatible and user programmable. It's clear not much effort went into the programming of the DSP and Klipsch does not care any more.

We can compensate for some of it with the TWK88, but crap in = crap out. I am trying to locate a spare DSP from someone who took it all out so I can experiment.

I'd like to find a solution as I am really liking using the screen to control the system.
        05 ProStar 209, Navy Flake, Slate Gray, MCX 1:1 Sold
        15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

• MC25
          MC Master Poster
          • Nov 2007

I agree. Or someone would come along with an aftermarket solution that is compatible and user programmable. It's clear not much effort went into the programming of the DSP and Klipsch does not care any more.

We can compensate for some of it with the TWK88, but crap in = crap out. I am trying to locate a spare DSP from someone who took it all out so I can experiment.

I'd like to find a solution as I am really liking using the screen to control the system.
          May be me here in a few weeks. I’ll donate it for the cause if blane hasn’t tried this already.
          Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
          Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
          For Sale:
          2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• eecyclone
            MC Devotee
            • Oct 2014

I am trying to locate a spare DSP from someone who took it all out so I can experiment.

What do you have in mind?

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
            May be me here in a few weeks. I’ll donate it for the cause if blane hasn’t tried this already.
            A couple years ago I tried decompiling the DSP firmware files but the free decompilers I tried only outputted gibberish. I just bought a spare DSP to experiment on and hopefully tap into the hardware directly.
            '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
            (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
            '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
            www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

• Diesel
              MC Devotee
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by eecyclone View Post
              What do you have in mind?

A couple years ago I tried decompiling the DSP firmware files but the free decompilers I tried only outputted gibberish. I just bought a spare DSP to experiment on and hopefully tap into the hardware directly.
              I have some friend in the industry and they asked if I had a spare.
              15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

• Diesel
                MC Devotee
                • Aug 2004

If you do, please bring it to Table Rock. If I am successful, I will give it back to you.
                15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

• MCOR
                  TT Enthusiast
                  • May 2019

Finally finished the re-power on our X22 premium sound system. I ditched the stock Klipsch sub amp and re-powered with JL M1000/1v2 while adding a JL M400/4 to power the two S85 tower speakers. Love it as the stock amp cover fits over the newly installed amps for a clean look.

Big thanks to Eecyclone for the making the harnesses that simplify this job to a plug and play affair as well as the tips and tricks for installing. I also changed the stock 8 channel amp power wire gauge.

Huge tip from EE was the remote bass knob to control the volume level of the lower frequencies. Now we can cruise with music volume low and not be overrun with bass. I mounted the knob discretely under the hard buttons for easy access. Sounds awesome now.

Shout out to Uplandbird for tower amp tuning tips as well.

2022 XSTARS
                  2020 X22
                  2019 XT22
                  2017 XT20

Comment

• cbryan70
                    MC Maniac
                    • Jul 2006

I just don’t get how on a 150k boat they under power the speakers
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Hoosier Bob
                    She always misses me and when I turn her on it is hard to turn her off! She is MC and she completes me! She is the first ride that wants it as much as I do!

Comment

• MC25
                      MC Master Poster
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by cbryan70 View Post
                      I just don’t get how on a 150k boat they under power the speakers
                      They make it drunk proof to be able to warranty it.

Which makes the speakers inaudible lol
                      Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                      Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                      For Sale:
                      2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• Mystic3D
                        TT Enthusiast
                        • Jun 2013

They make it drunk proof to be able to warranty it.

Which makes the speakers inaudible lol
                        A Civil Suit has been filed in Travis County claiming during a MC sanctioned event called the Masterbash the plaintiff ears started bleeding and was rushed to Lago Vista Hospital ER. Others at the event claimed dizziness for days. The owner of the boat that designed and built the audio system is still at large and is believed to go by Aric. If you have any knowledge there is a $50,000 reward, call 1-800-EAR-BLED to speak to one of our attorneys.

Comment

• MasterCraft Ranger
                          MC Devotee
                          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by MCOR View Post
                          Finally finished the re-power on our X22 premium sound system. I ditched the stock Klipsch sub amp and re-powered with JL M1000/1v2 while adding a JL M400/4 to power the two S85 tower speakers. Love it as the stock amp cover fits over the newly installed amps for a clean look.

Big thanks to Eecyclone for the making the harnesses that simplify this job to a plug and play affair as well as the tips and tricks for installing. I also changed the stock 8 channel amp power wire gauge.

Huge tip from EE was the remote bass knob to control the volume level of the lower frequencies. Now we can cruise with music volume low and not be overrun with bass. I mounted the knob discretely under the hard buttons for easy access. Sounds awesome now.

Shout out to Uplandbird for tower amp tuning tips as well.

Looks great! Not as clean as my custom wiring job, mind you, but still a solid effort.

Have you had it out on the water yet? Curious about your observations from an audio standpoint, especially the difference in tower speaker volume and projection.

Comment

• MCOR
                            TT Enthusiast
                            • May 2019

Originally posted by MasterCraft Ranger View Post
                            Looks great! Not as clean as my custom wiring job, mind you, but still a solid effort.

Have you had it out on the water yet? Curious about your observations from an audio standpoint, especially the difference in tower speaker volume and projection.

[emoji23]

We’ve been out a few times with the new setup. We’re mainly surfing and it’s a huge difference. Extremely happy with the setup. I set the initial input levels for the amps using the multimeter method, and that was a good place to start. I ended up raising the tower amp input about an 1/8 turn more. When tubing using a 60’ rope, the kids say it’s plenty loud. With the tower zone at the highest level, the main volume doesn’t need to be more than 1/3-1/2 for them to say that. It’s nice as I turn down all the other zones and we can still have a decent conversation in the boat.
                            It’s the best thing you can do to enhance the tower sound without spending a lot on new amps and speakers. Eecyclone’s harnesses really make it easy.
                            2022 XSTARS
                            2020 X22
                            2019 XT22
                            2017 XT20

Comment

• MasterCraft Ranger
                              MC Devotee
                              • Mar 2017

Excellent. And how about bass performance? I’m assuming you are powering two Klipsch subs with that JL mono amp, correct?

Comment

• LD50
                                TT Enthusiast
                                • Jul 2014

Looks great and is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for info on. Any insights as to the positives/negatives of going this route instead of repowering the subs and towers using the M1000/5? The separate amps are obviously delivering more total power. Just wondering if it's necessary or if the 5 channel amp would deliver similar performance and simplify the process a little.

Comment

Working...
                                X