X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mpabreo
    replied
    Originally posted by eecyclone View Post

The remote wire from the adapter shouldn't be causing a thump with your aftermarket amp. Is your DSP plugged into switched power or constant? When you turn on the key, the screen should turn on the DSP, then once the DSP has booted, it should turn on the amplifiers without any turn on thump.

Do you have factory amps installed still?
    Yes, factory system still installed. Not using the remote wire that came with the adapter. Using a separate wire, tried connecting to various ignition powered sources. I suppose I could use the blue wire on your adapter, guess I didn't realize that was for remote. SMH.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• eecyclone
    replied
    Originally posted by mpabreo View Post
    Need a little help guys, I'm using the RCA adapter from ecyclone for a sub to the existing system (2020). What are you guys with similar setups using for the remote turn on for additional amps? I'm struggling to find an ignition source that does cause a 'pop' (bass thump) when turning the key.
    The remote wire from the adapter shouldn't be causing a thump with your aftermarket amp. Is your DSP plugged into switched power or constant? When you turn on the key, the screen should turn on the DSP, then once the DSP has booted, it should turn on the amplifiers without any turn on thump.

Do you have factory amps installed still?

Leave a comment:

• mpabreo
    replied
    Need a little help guys, I'm using the RCA adapter from ecyclone for a sub to the existing system (2020). What are you guys with similar setups using for the remote turn on for additional amps? I'm struggling to find an ignition source that does cause a 'pop' (bass thump) when turning the key.

Leave a comment:

• Jmh745
    replied
    Originally posted by Wakejunkie View Post
    You will need either a klipsch 4 channel amp or aftermarket and chesnut rca adapter. A couple deutsch connectors and it’s a plug and play deal
    Awesome, Thank you very much! Plus, I did hear back from eecyclone, he is helping me out.

Leave a comment:

• Wakejunkie
    replied
    You will need either a klipsch 4 channel amp or aftermarket and chesnut rca adapter. A couple deutsch connectors and it’s a plug and play deal

Leave a comment:

• Jmh745
    replied
    Hello! I have a 2022 XT24 that came with the “premium audio, dual screens” option with 2 S85’s on the tower. I’ve since purchased 2 more S85’s to add to my current setup. What else do I need to do/purchase to make these new speakers functional? I did send eecyclone a message via his website but haven’t hear back yet, and his PM’s are full. Any help/guidance is greatly appreciated!!! I’m no good when comes to stereo mods.

Leave a comment:

• 197 TT
    replied

Do you have the 4.3" screen or dual screen dash?
    I have the dual dash...

Leave a comment:

• Taco47001
    replied
    Originally posted by 197 TT View Post
    Hope okay to post this question here - my '18 XT22 front bow speaker pops and had static - dealer replaced the speaker under warranty, but that did not solve the issue. I upgraded the subs amp before I could take it back to dealer for further repair, so now they won't warranty it since I modified. Regardless, wondering if this is an issue with the amp or something else withing the DSP interface?
    More than likely its the factory amp. I've heard of two boats that have had a pop/ crackle from the factory on one channel and replacement of the factory amp solved the issue.

Leave a comment:

• eecyclone
    replied
    Originally posted by 197 TT View Post
    Hope okay to post this question here - my '18 XT22 front bow speaker pops and had static - dealer replaced the speaker under warranty, but that did not solve the issue. I upgraded the subs amp before I could take it back to dealer for further repair, so now they won't warranty it since I modified. Regardless, wondering if this is an issue with the amp or something else withing the DSP interface?
    Do you have the 4.3" screen or dual screen dash?

Leave a comment:

• Wakejunkie
    replied
    I have some distortion and crackles when iPhone uses Bluetooth connection with volume on phone all the way up. I back it down two clicks and no issues. Not sure if that helps your situation

Leave a comment:

• 197 TT
    replied

Leave a comment:

• eecyclone
    replied
    Originally posted by Gianfranco View Post

What setting did you use for the sensitivity level? On the M400?
    Start with the input sensitivity at the minimum level. Set the volume and zone level to about 80%, then increase the input sensitivity until you start to hear distortion, then back it off a little.

A more exact method of setting the input sensitivity can be used if you have access to a multimeter or an oscilloscope. I think JL has a tutorial in their documentation.

Leave a comment:

• eecyclone
    replied
    Originally posted by sdfoiler View Post
    Hey eecyclone, tried to message you about an order but your inbox is full. Just thought I'd let you know.
    Thanks for letting me know. I cleared out some messages but it seems like the mailbox here fills up quick.

Have I responded to you about your order via other means?

Leave a comment:

• sdfoiler
    replied
    Hey eecyclone, tried to message you about an order but your inbox is full. Just thought I'd let you know.

Leave a comment:

• Gianfranco
    replied

1. Input mode 2 ch
    2. These settings don’t matter unless you daisy chain another amp or add the remote level knob
    3. Yes, HP for filter mode. Set HP to 120hz
    4. Connect RCA’s to inputs 1&2

You’ll then use the bridged outputs to connect to the tower speaker wires
    What setting did you use for the sensitivity level? On the M400?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X