Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zone Control now available for model year 2018 boats with Klipsch Advanced Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zone Control now available for model year 2018 boats with Klipsch Advanced Audio

For model year 2018 MasterCraft boats equipped with the Klipsch Advanced Audio package*, you can now add Zone Control functionality with an optional dealer installed retrofit kit.

With this upgrade, you will have independent volume control for the different zones in the boat directly from the Klipsch head unit (Bow, Cockpit, Tower & Sub). This retrofit kit is a combination of software updates to the Klipsch head unit, a new DSP profile and a special interface cable.

This retrofit kit is available now through the MasterCraft dealer network. Contact your dealer for pricing and installation.

*Klipsch Advanced Audio packages consist of both the Klipsch head unit and DSP. Zone Control cannot be added to base audio packages.

Originally posted by Klipsch View Post
    For model year 2018 MasterCraft boats equipped with the Klipsch Advanced Audio package*, you can now add Zone Control functionality with an optional dealer installed retrofit kit.

With this upgrade, you will have independent volume control for the different zones in the boat directly from the Klipsch head unit (Bow, Cockpit, Tower & Sub). This retrofit kit is a combination of software updates to the Klipsch head unit, a new DSP profile and a special interface cable.

This retrofit kit is available now through the MasterCraft dealer network. Contact your dealer for pricing and installation.

*Klipsch Advanced Audio packages consist of both the Klipsch head unit and DSP. Zone Control cannot be added to base audio packages.
    It wasn't available before? My 2017 JL fusion systems it was available on all the remotes.
    2017 XT23

2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
    Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
      It wasn't available before? My 2017 JL fusion systems it was available on all the remotes.
      No pre 2019 it wasnt we have only volume control for all the speakers at the same time. sucks if your surfing and want to hear the music but the people on the boat want to talk!

Comment

Do you have more info on this?
        Been tryingvto separate my frim bow speakers from my tower without much luck. Very interested.....thx

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        “A boat is a hole in the water into which you pour money.”.....but it's a lot of fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bwag1961 View Post
          Been tryingvto separate my frim bow speakers from my tower without much luck. Very interested.....thx

Mine is now/cockpit/sub/tower zones. This is with the fusion stereo.
          Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
          Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
          For Sale:
          2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
            Mine is now/cockpit/sub/tower zones. This is with the fusion stereo.
            Im trying to run all interior speakers(cockpit and bow) on one zone and my towers on the other.
            Getting zone bleed through as we currently have it wired but looking for a simple explanation /wiring chart as Im not a big stereo wiring guy. Have a 200w amp wired to interiors and a 400 w amp to the 4 tower speakers.
            Heres my head unit I have.

“A boat is a hole in the water into which you pour money.”.....but it's a lot of fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bwag1961 View Post

Ok mine is fusion and i need to get in front of the remote again to remember what i did but it was in settings somewhere.
              2017 XT23

2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
              Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Comment

Ok mine is fusion and i need to get in front of the remote again to remember what i did but it was in settings somewhere.
                Appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE
                  Keep in mind OP is for the 2018 Klipsch audio system. Yes other units allowed zone control, while this one did not. Though it has many more technological advancements than the predecessors. I will be contacting dealer for pricing, and probably installing this spring.

Questions and comments not specific to the Klipsch system should be placed in other threads, or new threads.
                  Even your XT series did not have Zone Control?
                  I thought it was an NXT series limitation?
                  Did any 2018 Models have full Zone Control?
                  sigpic
                  2014 Chap 264 Sunesta
                  2019 XT25 GEN2 5500
                  2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
                  2016 G21 Coastal 5.3
                  2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
                  2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
                  2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
                  2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
                  2013 Yamaha 242LS

Comment

Originally posted by lashburn1 View Post
                    Did any 2018 Models have full Zone Control?
                    Premium Audio package (touch screen systems) had Zone Control for 2018 at launch. Zone Control was included with Advanced Audio package beginning with model year 2019. This retrofit adds it to Advanced Audio package for model year 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Klipsch View Post
                      Premium Audio package (touch screen systems) had Zone Control for 2018 at launch. Zone Control was included with Advanced Audio package beginning with model year 2019. This retrofit adds it to Advanced Audio package for model year 2018.
                      I'm surprised MC let this relatively basic oversite slip by, in Such a common feature from thier previous Stereo (Fusion) lineup.
                      Previous MC owners would assume this to be a standard neccessaity in a boat of this level/quality.
                      sigpic
                      2014 Chap 264 Sunesta
                      2019 XT25 GEN2 5500
                      2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
                      2016 G21 Coastal 5.3
                      2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
                      2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
                      2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
                      2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
                      2013 Yamaha 242LS

Comment

I'm surprised MC let this relatively basic oversite slip by, in Such a common feature from thier previous Stereo (Fusion) lineup.
                        Previous MC owners would assume this to be a standard neccessaity in a boat of this level/quality.
                        Totally agree

Comment

I'm not sure it slipped by. It was available in the premium audio package. But not the advanced audio. The commitment to Klipsch was a big improvement for the masses. But I do agree that since it was feature previously available in earlier boats, buyer could expect/ "assume" it would come with their 18's as standard.
                          Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
                            I'm not sure it slipped by. It was available in the premium audio package. But not the advanced audio. The commitment to Klipsch was a big improvement for the masses. But I do agree that since it was feature previously available in earlier boats, buyer could expect/ "assume" it would come with their 18's as standard.
                            Zone control is definitely not by any means "premium", it is a basic feature, it should never be considered something you would need to "upgrade" to. To even consider needing to pay more for it regardless of the level of stereo you purchased is ridiculous.
                            I totally understand about upgrading the amplifiers and sub speakers, and tower speakers.
                            But to be able to control those items, should a default in the base model stereo of any MASTERCRAFT boat.
                            sigpic
                            2014 Chap 264 Sunesta
                            2019 XT25 GEN2 5500
                            2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
                            2016 G21 Coastal 5.3
                            2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
                            2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
                            2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
                            2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
                            2013 Yamaha 242LS

Comment

Zone control is definitely not by any means "premium", it is a basic feature, it should never be considered something you would need to "upgrade" to. To even consider needing to pay more for it regardless of the level of stereo you purchased is ridiculous.
                              I totally understand about upgrading the amplifiers and sub speakers, and tower speakers.
                              But to be able to control those items, should a default in the base model stereo of any MASTERCRAFT boat.
                              Agree

Comment

Working...
                              X