Android with Klipsch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android with Klipsch

Anyone have tips or best practices for using Android with the Klipsch system? I have a 2019 XT21 with the 7" screen that is very new to me. So far I can only figure to Bluetooth music from my phone. Sounds like the Apple products work thru the USB interface as well. Generally do not care for Apple IOS, but if it works much better with the boat it has me thinking....

Any experiences good or bad with Android would be appreciated. Any rumors if Android Auto could be pushed in a future software upgrade?

Originally posted by BearcatCraig99 View Post
    Anyone have tips or best practices for using Android with the Klipsch system? I have a 2019 XT21 with the 7" screen that is very new to me. So far I can only figure to Bluetooth music from my phone. Sounds like the Apple products work thru the USB interface as well. Generally do not care for Apple IOS, but if it works much better with the boat it has me thinking....

Any experiences good or bad with Android would be appreciated. Any rumors if Android Auto could be pushed in a future software upgrade?
    I don't have any experience with Android on my boat but with iOS I always use the bluetooth connection. It displays my texts on the screen, I can pass my phone around to let others control music, and it automatically connects when I turn on the key. Sound quality is basically the same too.
    '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
    (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
    '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
    www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

There is some discussion about this on the Ask Klipsch thread. I think iOS works better with the system (at least you can hard wire it) but I can live with Android on Bluetooth.

Comment

I don't have the Klipsch system but I am not a fan of iOS either. I'll never change my phone to apple so I just bought an iPod Touch (they are cheap) and connected it to my spotify premium account. With premium you can play music offline. The iPod can be passed around the boat rather than a phone which decreases my fear of losing my phone to the lake I usually leave it plugged into to the USB interface on the boat and it is always charged.

I just leave the iPod in the boat, but can create playlists within spotify sitting on my couch at home, and when I want I just connect the iPod to WiFi and everything downloads to the iPod. Works well for me. Alternately, you could use an old iPhone the same way, but for the price of a iPod touch it was worth it to me to get something new with decent battery life.

Comment

I run the 7" 2019 screen with Samsung S10 via bluetooth using spotify premium for over 75hours this summer with no problems. The only pointer I would make is to use the equalizer function within spotify to get the bass at a level you like and then it sounds awesome.
          2017 NXT22, 2015 NXT20, 2007 X2, 2002 209

Comment

I use Google Play Music and didn't realize it had an equalizer in the app. I'm going to try this to see if I can increase the bass in my '18. Hopefully it works like spotify.

Comment

Working...
            X