X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CantRepeat
    replied
    Originally posted by moosehead View Post
    That 4K car is really nice. Numbers matching and I wouldn't want to touch it. I'm looking for something I can LS swap and put a 5 speed in. No vinyl tops for me.

Leave a comment:

• moosehead
    replied
    BAT has a few up now.

Hugger Orange: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...maro-rs-ss-33/

Red BVT: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...et-camaro-105/

Or you could put the GOAT in a GTO: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-pontiac-gto-17/
    Last edited by moosehead; 10-06-2020, 07:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CantRepeat
    replied
    ^CR, I was thinking the fusion head unit and amps would go great as built-ins on the outdoor BBQ cart.

‘67 Camaro RS/SS would be even better. May have to upgrade the ‘78 Wagoneer.

Thanks to Sodar, I will now forever think Dot Matrix every time I’m at the helm.
    I'm on the hunt for a 67 2L 3L 4P RS/SS either in Marina Blue or Ermine White, non vert non vinyl top atm. I missed a non numbers matching that met all my needs but couldn't travel to NY to look at it right now. The hunt continues.

Leave a comment:

• moosehead
    replied
    Originally posted by Skyskiguy View Post
    Mid-October can be great at Powell - just depends on the forecast. It was unusually cold a few weeks ago but if the forecast looks decent the water should be awesome. Air and water temps usually start dropping pretty quickly by the end of October.
    Thanks SSG, I’m well insulated. May ping you for some Lake Powell beta if the Admiral can be convinced.

Leave a comment:

• moosehead
    replied
    ^CR, I was thinking the fusion head unit and amps would go great as built-ins on the outdoor BBQ cart.

‘67 Camaro RS/SS would be even better. May have to upgrade the ‘78 Wagoneer.

Thanks to Sodar, I will now forever think Dot Matrix every time I’m at the helm.

Leave a comment:

• CantRepeat
    replied
    ^S, there is a color screen Apollo Remote available now: https://www.thegpsstore.com/Fusion-A...xoCzEYQAvD_BwE

It is a bit pricey and does have a power ethernet cable to the head unit. Wonder if it draws parasitic power from system when off?

Space permitting, the RA670 head unit may be small enough to relocate to your helm in the PS? I considered the same on the X10 but relocating wiring across the walk through would be tougher.
    Originally posted by Sodar View Post
    That remote must have JUST come out. I swear I was on Fusion's site less than a month ago and it was NOT there!

I was considering this exact thing and going with a JL Media Blaster, but I really do not feel like moving everything over. A nice remote at the helm would make life so much easier.
    I love the improved aesthetics of new head units and remotes fusion is putting out now.

I can't really make use of a boat right now but maybe a 67 Camaro could use a fusion system.
    Last edited by CantRepeat; 10-06-2020, 05:40 PM. Reason: can = can't

Leave a comment:

• Skyskiguy
    replied
    Thanks SSG, need to also do your Ballast Puppy add here. OT, but how late into the season have you guys done Powell? We were toying around with Oct 16-19 as weather looks good. Mid 80’s all this week in Denver
    Mid-October can be great at Powell - just depends on the forecast. It was unusually cold a few weeks ago but if the forecast looks decent the water should be awesome. Air and water temps usually start dropping pretty quickly by the end of October.

Leave a comment:

• bloup101
    replied
    ^S, there is a color screen Apollo Remote available now: https://www.thegpsstore.com/Fusion-A...xoCzEYQAvD_BwE

It is a bit pricey and does have a power ethernet cable to the head unit. Wonder if it draws parasitic power from system when off?

Space permitting, the RA670 head unit may be small enough to relocate to your helm in the PS? I considered the same on the X10 but relocating wiring across the walk through would be tougher.

Price seems inline with NRX wires remotes. I wonder if the volume button is more robust than NRX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Sodar
    replied

That remote must have JUST come out. I swear I was on Fusion's site less than a month ago and it was NOT there!

I was considering this exact thing and going with a JL Media Blaster, but I really do not feel like moving everything over. A nice remote at the helm would make life so much easier.

Leave a comment:

• moosehead
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sodar
    replied
    I want to do this, this winter. I am just waiting for the remote to be upgraded to a color screen, like the head unit. The dot matrix looks old school, while the head unit looks super nice!

Leave a comment:

• moosehead
    replied
    Fusion Apollo RA670

Thanks SSG, need to also do your Ballast Puppy add here. OT, but how late into the season have you guys done Powell? We were toying around with Oct 16-19 as weather looks good. Mid 80’s all this week in Denver

Cheers Sky, I just copied your transom remote location. Will be nice to crank up tower or change tracks from the water as the Admiral is a better driver than she is a DJ. As you note, this remote is 2 minute install, works really well, and is inexpensive. Glad to hear water resistance is solid, as when the X10 is slammed, water level at rest is not far below the remote.

Leave a comment:

• skydyvyr
    replied
    ^Nice Sky. Which remotes are you using and where abouts are they located aboard?
    I have the NRX-300 in the stock driver’s position,
    Click image for larger version

Name:	82A9B1AF-DEBD-4A7C-BCE2-532D7C5CDF21.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	2406697

And the wireless remote on the stern.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	616E5FEC-67E6-4369-8C86-43E53E96EA79.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	2406698

Since I took this last picture I added custom cut ABS bezel to protect it and cover the marks from the old Clarion remote. No pics to share of the bezel. I like this remote for this location because,
    1. There’s no moving parts to get damaged by water or boards
    2. It is pretty water resistant and regularly gets submerged when full ballast is in
    3. They are cheap and easy to replace if they fail.

Both remotes work like a dream, and the stern remote is slaved to the tower speaker channel, so someone on the stern can’t easily change the volume in the cockpit.

I can also control the stereo from the 7” screen if I like, but with the NRX300 right there, no real need.

—Sky

Leave a comment:

• Skyskiguy
    replied
    Nicely done Moose! For the Sub signal I believe you could also simply switch the M700 to 4 channel mode (from 5) and the amp would pull the sub signal from the sum of the remaining 4 channels. Then you’d adjust the bass using the tone control.
    Obviously, your method of splitting the sub signal from the Bow zone works also. Just another option for others who might be doing this mod in the future.
    Last edited by Skyskiguy; 10-05-2020, 11:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• moosehead
    replied
    Fusion Apollo RA670

^Nice Sky. Which remotes are you using and where abouts are they located aboard?

Here’s the OEM Amphenol 12-pin main harness connector from the old head unit. If running all line outs to amps, the only live needed wires from this connector are the red (switched power), yellow (power), black (ground), and blue (amp on/off) wires upper right. The rest are straight speaker wires intended for direct head unit to speaker wiring.

Boat side of the OEM 12-pin showing all speaker wires locations capped off in white vs wired.

There is also a separate OEM dual pin plug of orange (dim) and brown (cannot recall-phone voiceover?) wires that I also swapped over to the new harness.

This shows the dual line pos and negative wired OEM sub from the JL Audio amps from this era, also paired with dual right-left RCA pre-wired in the 2015 X10. I used an RCA Y splitter to connect single sub out line from the new receiver to existing sub wiring. Pretty simple but I was incorrectly expecting a single sub line from head unit to sub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by moosehead; 10-05-2020, 01:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X