New kicker tower speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New kicker tower speakers

Anyone have the 44KMTC114W 11” tower speakers? Same specs as rev 10 and has a larger horn that they claim eliminates the high pitch wetsounds sometimes produces. Come with Swivel mount that looks really well designed and comes standard with led ring too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oNq86b6TXjQ

Go listen back to back. You’ll go back to wetsounds every day.
    Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
    Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer

Comment

11"!!?? Wrong kind of head banging coming with that.

Comment

I moved my rev 10s and lights to the top of my tower after almost getting knocked out a couple of times.

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
          How did they sound?

Comment

i have the 9" kicker and they are loud and clear AF! Sound can fill the whole sandbar. The swivel is really nice to.

Comment

Originally posted by 1slyNdN View Post
              i have the 9" kicker and they are loud and clear AF! Sound can fill the whole sandbar. The swivel is really nice to.
              Yeah the tool free swivel system would be really nice. I’m not sure if you need tools for wetsounds swivels

Comment

Same specs as rev 10 and has a larger horn
                Well, some specs. The rev-10 has a 10" mid-bass driver and KMTC11 has an 11" driver. Thats almost 20% more speaker surface area. This makes a noticeable difference in the mid-bass department. They also use a horn flare design that eliminates any parallel walls. This helps reduce the harshness of the compression driver.

One cool feature, is that the clamp base bolts to the mid-bass driver and supports 100% of its weight. The pod is basically supported by the speaker basket.

RGB LEDs and swivel disconnect included. They also now offer a surface mount option, but is doe not swivel/disconnect though.

Ive listened to them side by side. Properly tuned, quality music source and adequate wattage. My opinion is quite different from this one. The KMTC11 is absolutely a viable contender. Even then, I always do suggest to demo for oneself and form your own conclusion as to what sounds good to you.

Comment

Originally posted by MLA View Post
                  Well, some specs. The rev-10 has a 10" mid-bass driver and KMTC11 has an 11" driver. Thats almost 20% more speaker surface area. This makes a noticeable difference in the mid-bass department. [COLOR="Red"]They also use a horn flare design that eliminates any parallel walls.[/COLOR] This helps reduce the harshness of the compression driver.

One cool feature, is that the clamp base bolts to the mid-bass driver and supports 100% of its weight. The pod is basically supported by the speaker basket.

RGB LEDs and swivel disconnect included. They also now offer a surface mount option, but is doe not swivel/disconnect though.

Ive listened to them side by side. Properly tuned, quality music source and adequate wattage. My opinion is quite different from this one. The KMTC11 is absolutely a viable contender. Even then, I always do suggest to demo for oneself and form your own conclusion as to what sounds good to you.

Parallel wall.....mmm. One thing i will say is that i have to rotate the speaker a few degrees toward each other cause if you are strait back behind the speakers they sound weird (unbalanced?). but if you are off center line with them they are great. rotating them fixes that. I dont quite understand it, maybe its a horn thing???

Comment

Parallel wall.....mmm. One thing i will say is that i have to rotate the speaker a few degrees toward each other cause if you are strait back behind the speakers they sound weird (unbalanced?). but if you are off center line with them they are great. rotating them fixes that. I dont quite understand it, maybe its a horn thing???
                    I can assure you, this it not a brand thing. Whatever you have goingon, is not a Kicker, Wet Sounds, JL, Rockford or even a BOSS Audio thing.

Sounds as if a driver is out off phase. Youve got a 1 in 4 shot.

Comment

Originally posted by MLA View Post
                      I can assure you, this it not a brand thing. Whatever you have goingon, is not a Kicker, Wet Sounds, JL, Rockford or even a BOSS Audio thing.

Sounds as if a driver is out off phase. Youve got a 1 in 4 shot.
                      Im no audio guy, can you explain how to fix this?

Comment

If you have the Kicker KMTC HLCDs, then you have, within each pod, a mid-bass driver and tweeter, each with a pair of wires for each. Out of phase means one of those 4 components has its + and - wires crossed compared to the other 3 drivers.

If you ordered your gear from a reputable and knowledgeable source, they walk you through making sure the mid-bass drivers and tweeters are wired correctly, and then both pods are in phase. next step is making sure the amp is configured and tuned optimally.

If a shop supplied the gear and did the install, get with them about the anomaly you are experiencing.

Comment

I'm assuming you used the kicker tower clamps vs mounting them to the factory speaker puck mounts. Any pics?? I'm about 99% sold on the 9" Kicker vs Rev8's.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco47001 View Post

I'm assuming you used the kicker tower clamps vs mounting them to the factory speaker puck mounts. Any pics?? I'm about 99% sold on the 9" Kicker vs Rev8's.
                            I put these Kicker 8"s on a pontoon. Swivel mounts, etc. They sound good.
                            93 190

Comment

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post

I put these Kicker 8"s on a pontoon. Swivel mounts, etc. They sound good.
                              Ya I'm familiar with the kicker traditional tower speakers. A buddy has them on his Axis. They sound great. I'm specifically looking at the HLCD version of the kicker towers. It was either them of Rev8's.

Comment

Working...
                              X