No announcement yet.

Head Unit recommendations...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d be happy to swing by and show you how to set it up. I live in Bellevue (I think I might have taken your old hard tanks off your hands).

My boat is in winterized and in storage, or you’d be welcome to come try my Fusion unit out for yourself.

I’m putting it in the water in early May and will be getting it ready the last week of April, but that is still a ways away. Once it is out, I’d be happy to show you how I have it set up. PM me if you’re interested.

—Sky
    ------------------------------------------------
    2006 X-1 Pumpkin Orange SOLD
    2013 X25 Black, Green & Orange

Comment

Originally posted by skydyvyr View Post
      I’d be happy to swing by and show you how to set it up. I live in Bellevue (I think I might have taken your old hard tanks off your hands).

My boat is in winterized and in storage, or you’d be welcome to come try my Fusion unit out for yourself.

I’m putting it in the water in early May and will be getting it ready the last week of April, but that is still a ways away. Once it is out, I’d be happy to show you how I have it set up. PM me if you’re interested.

—Sky
      Thanks for the offer and I may take you up on that. I'm going to run my "broken" RA-70N to start the season off. If I just can't handle not being able to see the display very well, I'm going with the RA-770 to get the 4th zone so the bow speakers can be controlled independently.
      2002, X30, L-18, Red Metal Flake (the possessed boat)

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel View Post
        If I cannot get my x24 to sound good, I will go back to the apllo RA770. I ran it for 2 years in my x23 and had zero issues. Sure wish MC had stuck with Fusion.
        You may just need to re-amp your system on the x24. What is it missing to you, and what audio package do you have...?

Comment

These are pretty slick, have a buddy down in TX that just put one in on his fishing rig and it hooks up to his Garmin and intracts with his iPhone really well. He also added the XM radio antenna as he goes offshore and loves it.

https://www.jlaudio.com/collections/...ce-units-99920

Comment

Originally posted by Tookeymonster View Post
            You may just need to re-amp your system on the x24. What is it missing to you, and what audio package do you have...?
            My x24 project that is underway. https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...d.php?t=107128

Amps have all been swapped out. I just don't like the sounds that the dsp is feeding the amps. And the lack of adjustment and control is driving me crazy.

I didn't make it to the lake house this weekend to work on it, but hopefully next week I will add the TWK downstream the ASA DSP and see if I can get it sounding good.
            05 ProStar 209, Navy Flake, Slate Gray, MCX 1:1 Sold
            15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

Originally posted by prostar205 View Post
              Thanks for the offer and I may take you up on that. I'm going to run my "broken" RA-70N to start the season off. If I just can't handle not being able to see the display very well, I'm going with the RA-770 to get the 4th zone so the bow speakers can be controlled independently.
              Raising the dead here.

Just curious what you ended up doing? Mind sharing?

I'm debating on whether to pursue an upgrade or hold out for a year or so and see if anything new comes out.
              ¡Viva 205V!
              2003 X2 MCX

Comment

I'm also looking for a new setup on my 2000 Sport Star, so would interested to hear about setups. My setup is less complicated, but would like a new head unit, amp, small sub, 4 new speakers (in boat). Currently I'm running a Clarion head (not marine) unit and can't hear anything when under power.
                2000 MC SportStar
                2017 SQ5
                2009 KTM 530 Exc
                2012 BMW K1300r

Comment

Originally posted by Torstenlaw View Post
                  I'm also looking for a new setup on my 2000 Sport Star, so would interested to hear about setups. My setup is less complicated, but would like a new head unit, amp, small sub, 4 new speakers (in boat). Currently I'm running a Clarion head (not marine) unit and can't hear anything when under power.
                  You have answered your own question. What you stated is what you can install in the 190. Easy install. Your Clarion will work but I would suggest maybe a newer model (depending on what yours has to offer) for newer features...bluetooth, pre-amp outputs, etc.

The reason you can't hear anything is not the head unit's fault aside from the fact that it puts out about (only) 22 watts overall. It is working fine but you do indeed need to up the game for amplifier, sub-woofer, new cabins with RMS output at 75-100 watts each. Amplifier will depend on the setup your choose.

I have a simple but plenty enjoyable setup in a 190 so I have a sense of what you're looking for. Four cabins Polk DB 652s (100W RMS each), a 4-channel Fusion amp to power the cabins, and a Bazooka self-powered sub-woofer. Simple single DIN Clarion head unit or similar (CD capable) with pre-amp output and a USB port.

The next phase is a dual battery setup. I would not be without two batteries.

Too much to type unless you're serious about learning and installing. There are plenty of threads here for learning.

Best on the install.

Click image for larger version  Name:	93 wiring battery.jpg Views:	0 Size:	129.9 KB ID:	2695712
                  waterlogged882
                  MC Master Poster
                  Last edited by waterlogged882; 12-13-2021, 02:30 AM.
                  93 190

Comment

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post
                    You have answered your own question. What you stated is what you can install in the 190. Easy install. Your Clarion will work but I would suggest maybe a newer model (depending on what yours has to offer) for newer features...bluetooth, pre-amp outputs, etc.

The reason you can't hear anything is not the head unit's fault aside from the fact that it puts out about (only) 22 watts overall. It is working fine but you do indeed need to up the game for amplifier, sub-woofer, new cabins with RMS output at 75-100 watts each. Amplifier will depend on the setup your choose.

I have a simple but plenty enjoyable setup in a 190 so I have a sense of what you're looking for. Four cabins Polk DB 652s (100W RMS each), a 4-channel Fusion amp to power the cabins, and a Bazooka self-powered sub-woofer. Simple single DIN Clarion head unit or similar (CD capable) with pre-amp output and a USB port.

The next phase is a dual battery setup. I would not be without two batteries.

Too much to type unless you're serious about learning and installing. There are plenty of threads here for learning.

Best on the install.

Click image for larger version Name:	93 wiring battery.jpg Views:	0 Size:	129.9 KB ID:	2695712
                    That's exactly what I want to do, thanks Waterlogged!! The dual battery setup will be part of the "upgrade" for the story. My Clarion unit has bluetooth, just not sure how old or used it is. Boat is in storage, so I just want to aquire some parts when there are deals to be had. Will do the install in the spring.

Next question is what second battery and what switch for the 2 battery setup?
                    2000 MC SportStar
                    2017 SQ5
                    2009 KTM 530 Exc
                    2012 BMW K1300r

Comment

Originally posted by Torstenlaw View Post

That's exactly what I want to do, thanks Waterlogged!! The dual battery setup will be part of the "upgrade" for the story. My Clarion unit has bluetooth, just not sure how old or used it is. Boat is in storage, so I just want to aquire some parts when there are deals to be had. Will do the install in the spring.

Next question is what second battery and what switch for the 2 battery setup?
                      I use Interstate batteries. Others will have other opinions but the two Group 27 /800 - 1000 CCA Interstate lead batteries have served me well. I also keep a NOCO smart charger on each.

The best isolation relay and switch is the Blue Sea kit here.
                      93 190

Comment

Working...
                      X