Kicker tower speaker kmfc install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicker tower speaker kmfc install

I am looking to purchase the kicker kmfc9 tower speakers but the specs say they mount to a 2.5” spacing. My 2016 nxt tower mounts measure 2”. Was hoping someone knows of an adapter or other suggestions. I didn’t want the tower clamp style in fear of the wires being exposed and a not so clean look.
    Thanks for any help.

The KMTC's do have a short section of exposed harness, but its dressed in flex loom, so it looks good.

With that said, there is not a retail mastercraft adaptor. I just got done designing an adaptor for the Supra Pro-edge tower. Maybe small shop had one designed.

Can you post a pic of the mounting spot?

Where in "southeast" are you? PM me if you dont want to post public, or dont PM if you dont want to post privately

Comment

Just go with Wetsounds
      Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
      Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
      For Sale:
      2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Which Wet Sounds and why?

Comment

Originally posted by MLA View Post
          Which Wet Sounds and why?

Rev 8 would be the competitor to the kicker 9. Personally I hate the way the kickers sound, and their quality sucks. Plus, an OEM mounting solution is available for wetsounds, and I think the kickers are an eyesore.
          Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
          For Sale:

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
            Rev 8 would be the competitor to the kicker 9. Personally I hate the way the kickers sound, and their quality sucks. Plus, an OEM mounting solution is available for wetsounds, and I think the kickers are an eyesore.
            Looks aside, how a speaker sounds is always subjective to the listener. The 9" has a mid-bass extension advantage over an 8", as well as the flare design makes for a super smooth sounding setup, without sacrificing wake range projection. Blind taste test, its hard to tell you are listening to an HLCD.

Build quality sucks? Over the past 15 years, my failure rate overall, is less then 1%.

Comment

Flora mississippi

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                Just go with Wetsounds
                Wanted kicker to match rest of boat that is already upgraded

Comment

Can you post a pic of the NXT factory mounting spot? Is it different from the small round 4-bolt mount that is common on the typical Mastercraft towers?

Comment

Can you post a pic of the NXT mounting spot? Working on an adapter for the standard MC tower like on a 2017 X45.

Comment

Can you post a pic of the NXT mounting spot? Working on an adapter for the standard MC tower like on a 2017 X45.
                      The mounting pucks have not changed from 07-now. Still the round mount with 4 screw holes.
                      Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                      For Sale:

Comment

Thanks, I did not recall the NXT tower being different, but the OP's description had me picturing something different.

Comment

Any update on the adapter you were working on? I’m looking at the 9” version as well for my 2022 NXT.

Originally posted by Darkfox22 View Post
                          I am looking to purchase the kicker kmfc9 tower speakers but the specs say they mount to a 2.5” spacing. My 2016 nxt tower mounts measure 2”. Was hoping someone knows of an adapter or other suggestions. I didn’t want the tower clamp style in fear of the wires being exposed and a not so clean look.
                          Thanks for any help.
                          Any update on this? What did you end up going with? I’m looking at the 9” as well.

Comment

The swivel and removal system on kicker blows wet sounds away. I cant tell you how many times I have had to go to bed with my boat in a hotel parking lot worried about rev10s getting ganked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNq86b6TXjQ

Comment

I've designed an adapter that not only takes the 2.5" on center (OC) Kicker mounting holes to 2", but also tapers down to factory tower puck diameter. It will ultimately look factory. If you're still interested I'll be posting a thread on the adapters soon. I have a prototype currently in queue at the CNC.

Comment

Working...
                              X