Old Clarion Remote in 2000 Prostar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Clarion Remote in 2000 Prostar

Has anyone removed one of these in a 2000-ish Prostar ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ClarionStereoRemote.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	2474925

I've found some conflicting information about this, it sounds like I might have to remove the side panel. However, there are 2 screws in the wood insert and I'm wondering if removing them will allow access to the back of the remote.

Originally posted by dpb185 View Post
    Has anyone removed one of these in a 2000-ish Prostar ?

[ATTACH]204512[/ATTACH]

I've found some conflicting information about this, it sounds like I might have to remove the side panel. However, there are 2 screws in the wood insert and I'm wondering if removing them will allow access to the back of the remote.
    See if this thread gives you any insight.

93 190
    John 14:6
    2 Peter 1:3–8
    Matthew 6:1-4
    Romans 10:9

Comment

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post
      See if this thread gives you any insight.

Looks like there is a C-shaped bracket that holds on the remote. I can't imagine you could remove just the bracket reaching up there.

Looks like glass rash coming up in my future. This project will wait until the winter, Alabama summer heat + glass = bad news for my forearms.

Comment

I was just wondering if anyone had any insight. Which screws need to be removed, reach from the bottom, top, or side ? Anything like that.

Comment

I'm curious about the assembly. Update us

Comment

A thought just occurred to me, has anyone done a Perfect Pass installation on these boats (205V) and do you need to remove this side panel to run the wire to the back ? I don't want to have to remove it twice as I have PP install on my list for this winter.

Comment

There is a bracket on the backside of the remote u have to remove. The 2 screws on the front only attach the trim piece to the panel
              2002 Prostar 197, Monteray Blue, Perfect Pass, Zero Flex Tower w/ Speakers & Lights, Bimini, Amp/Sub, Transom remote

Comment

Working...
              X