Pop & Crackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop & Crackle

While on the water yesterday all 4 of my cabin speakers started popping and crackling. Tower speakers were fine. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? It didn’t matter if the engine was running or not or the audio source. All the speakers are brand new as of a month ago so I don’t want to destroy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like an amp issue. I had this same problem on my boat a couple years ago- I repowered my cabin with a JL M600/6 and haven't had any issues.
    -Tolman
    '22 XT23 coming soon...
    '06 X30 (sold!)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

After buying a pair of wet sound amps I’ve discovered it’s a radio problem. The current radio is an Alpine that is 1.8 din. Anyone know where you can get the panel that fits in the dash?

Comment

You left out snap (sorry, cereal joke)

As a test, pull the RCA from the amp and leave them out and see. The noise could be coming in to the amp on the signal cables or could be produced by the amp.

Comment

Yep, tried that. It’s dead silent without the cables hooked up.

Comment

Drop in an RCA from the head unit to the amp. Not fully installed and zip tied, just dropped in. Next, what the outputs with the tower amp and see if the noise moves to the tower amp.

Comment

Working...
            X