Adding Stereo to 2017 Prostar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Stereo to 2017 Prostar

Has anyone added a subwoofer to their 2017 or recent Prostar, and if so, where was the sub placed? Is it necessary to get good sound?

I was planning to add a sub, two extra speakers and amps to mine, but after giving it some thought, I decided to leave it stock. Its not my hang out with friends or float and listen to tunes boat.

Comment

Originally posted by flaskier View Post
      Has anyone added a subwoofer to their 2017 or recent Prostar, and if so, where was the sub placed? Is it necessary to get good sound?
      If you have cabins running off the head unit and no sub-woofer, yes the sub will make a world of difference to round out the sound.

If you want a good system (relatively speaking), run the cabins off of an amplifier (compatible speakers to achieve the objective) instead of the head unit (you did not say earlier). Then run an amp to power the sub-woofer as well. Or get a six channel amp for both purposes.

Location typically is wherever you prefer, can accommodate two batteries, and wiring on the path of least resistance. The location is also based on what type of sub-woofer (closed box, open air, or self-contained tube). I usually find room in front of the driver's foot well area for any of those types. Your layout and mileage may vary.

Short answer to your questions; 1) I got nothing, and 2) yes.

Best on the install. Not hard to do, just plan ahead and learn a few tidbits about the compatible equipment.

Last edited by waterlogged882; 10-06-2021, 10:55 AM.
      93 190
      John 14:6
      2 Peter 1:3–8
      Matthew 6:1-4
      Romans 10:9

Comment

Define “good sound”.

It’s not gonna sound like a wakeboat w $10k stereo.

I’d suggest either:
        1: a real amp for existing speakers first, as above.
        2: self contained amp/sub thing, only because space is fairly limited if you need to keep much behind observer seat.

If you are using bow cover and not using front seats you have all kinds of space.

Existing stereo is decent for riding around. Not good for jukebox at the sandbar.

Comment

great info. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X