Klipsch Radio Gremlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klipsch Radio Gremlin

When I leave the boat for the weekend with the battery switch turned off and return the following weekend the radio will struggle to power up. The boat will start and all accessories have power.

Various trouble shooting techniques will get the radio to power up but none are consistent - sometimes its as simple as driving the boat a short period of time, other times cycling the battery switch will work.

- Radio worked flawless last summer, issue started this season. No modifications done, boat is stock with advanced audio package.
    - Not a battery issue, tested both batteries and are with in spec (also keep batteries on tender when boat not in use)
    - Confirmed no tripped fuses
    - Once radio powers up will work flawless all weekend

Appreciate any suggestions before bringing to dealership for warranty assessment, thanks in advance.

Need some elaboration on what “the radio powers up slowly” really means. What source are you using - BT, USB? Do the symptoms change with different sources?

What year and model boat? Single 4.3”/7” screen or dual screens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Year and model - 2019 NXT22

Power up slowly means...turn battery switch from "off to on" radio will not work - no power LCD screen does not illuminate.
      If I drive boat around for 15 - 20 mins sometimes radio will power on when I press radio power button. Sometimes if I idle the boat at my dock for 10 mins or so, turn boat off with key and cycle the battery switch radio will work.

Comment

Originally posted by CanTex View Post
        Year and model - 2019 NXT22

Power up slowly means...turn battery switch from "off to on" radio will not work - no power LCD screen does not illuminate.
        If I drive boat around for 15 - 20 mins sometimes radio will power on when I press radio power button. Sometimes if I idle the boat at my dock for 10 mins or so, turn boat off with key and cycle the battery switch radio will work.

Sounds like a good project for your dealer to troubleshoot this winter. You’re under warranty, take advantage of. They should be able to duplicate your symptoms and check the health of your Klipsch head unit.

Comment

Sounds like a ground problem.. check the batter grounds and make sure they are clean and tight, and connected

Comment

I had a similar issue with my 2018 NXT22. Sometimes turning on and off the battery switch helped. These battery switches have been know to go bad on the 2018 and 2019 models. You could also have a loose wire on the back of the head unit. I would get with your dealer for warranty and look closely the the switch. There is also a clinoid on the radio system that some have removed due to it causing issues, but do not ever leave your battery switch on because it will drain them over night.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback gents, I'll investigate this weekend.

Comment

Working...
              X